newbie HDTV question..please forgive - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-29-2002, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have seen the HDTV and quite honestly I am taken... I have even thought of getting an HDTV receiver so I can enjoy some aspect on my regular rear projection TV. For instance the 5.1 sound source and the wide screen formats, particular cool for athletic events I think.

Now here is my question, several actually. How does HDTV relate to and convey through front projector systems onto a screen? How much detail is transferable through that medium? Is it gonna be like DVD? Is that as much as you can expect? What projectors are most HDTV friendly? (cost?) Any additional info that you guys that are informed care to wax eloquent about would be greatly apprectiated. Sorry to take you back to grammer school on this one...but thanks bunches in advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2002, 04:11 PM
BaN

You may have better luck posting on the Hardware thread. I would like to help you but I'm sorry I can't since I only have a rear projector HDTV (and loving it!)

Good luck,

BaN
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2002, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Actually, you will probably get more relevant information in the CRT Projectors forum.

I watch HDTV on a CRT front projector and a 92" 16:9 screen, and I'll tell you it's much better than my 61" HDTV, and much much better than DVD. With the right CRT projector the image can be even sharper than a rear projection HDTV.

If you're going to get a projector, get a Marquee. You can get a used one for about $3000. I have one, and never regretted it.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page