8Likes

post #4111 of 4116 Old 07-20-2014, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa1062 View Post
Antenna TV cuts shows to ribbons for extra commercials, while MeTV seems to mostly use digital time compression (editing is minimal for most shows), though the speed-up is variable (and often gets cranked up in scenes with no dialogue and during credits).

All in all, not really complaining, happy that these channels are available and are carried locally. Hope WEWS picks up Cozi when LiveWell goes away.
Noticed the time compression too, and you're right, it mostly happens during the credits and scenes with no dialogue. Not to mention during the theme song at times. One extreme case of time compression is the first episode of Gilligan's Island where everyone is talking fast, and the time compression makes the dialogue much faster, sometimes to the point where I can not understand everything that they are saying.

As for COZI, send WEWS an email asking them to add COZI after LWN shuts down. I sent them a message a while ago asking them to add COZI on 5.3. (This was before LWN decided to shut down). WEWS would probably be the best candidate for COZI since the network currently has an affiliation on 2 E.W. Scrips stations in other markets. You can also try sending an email to WKYC as the network has an affiliation with Gannett stations in Texas.

Toledo, Canton & Youngstown markets have a soft AC station. Cleveland, home of the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, does not...
Bring Back Soft Rock 102.1 WDOK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4112 of 4116 Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
WOIO needs to show a little more professionalism on this channel. I'm starting to think that no one at the station watches 19.2 on a regular basis and simply waits until someone from their viewing audience alerts them.
I bet they all subscribe to cable, & have no interest in or unable to view the channel... as in a latter post I'm just glad these subs are around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
That's what 3G is for. Pay $30/month for a cheap phone/data plan through a company like Virgin Mobile (which is what I have) and there you have your internet/phone in one. Just find a used iPhone online that no one wants anymore, because they want the latest and greatest iPhone version, and get a cheap cell phone plan without a contract. And then you won't be stuck in the past without all the smartphone apps you could be enjoying.
Oh my, I resisted the cell phone until May of '12, when I activated a Razor V3 for emeregency use... now 1200 min a year for around $78 & some change (& I hardly come close to using the minutes).... Had all Data & SMS disabled on the # too as the former owner of the # was a text queen. If I have to go to a touch screen I'll likely give up the phone.

I take a lot of flack about this at times (ie: not having a camera, ability to text ect)... I couldn't catch on to that at this point, nor do I really have a need to anymore.

Last edited by Bismarck440; Yesterday at 09:59 AM.
post #4113 of 4116 Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I never had a need for a cell phone. Have no one to call. No one to text. I don't really need to call anyone or text anyone. I would have to use glasses to read anything on the viewfinder even with the latest 800 dollar units. The buttons are way too small, my thumb covers three buttons. I don't even know how to turn on or operate a cell phone and I have had extensive schooling in electronics. To me they are just toys.
JJK
post #4114 of 4116 Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
I bet they all subscribe to cable, & have no interest in or unable to view the channel... as in a latter post I'm just glad these subs are around.
Still, Me-TV has the most market coverage and the most viewers then any other digitnet. WOIO makes the network look sloppy when commercials run too long or ID's are partly played.

Most subchannels are carried on cable and usually require a digital cable box. Satellite providers will not carry subs due to bandwidth issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJkizak View Post
I never had a need for a cell phone. Have no one to call. No one to text. I don't really need to call anyone or text anyone. I would have to use glasses to read anything on the viewfinder even with the latest 800 dollar units. The buttons are way too small, my thumb covers three buttons. I don't even know how to turn on or operate a cell phone and I have had extensive schooling in electronics. To me they are just toys.
JJK
I'm 26, and I have no interest in texting or phones with data plans. I rarely even use my own cell phone.

When Alltel was still around, they offered a pre-paid plan that allowed customers to carry over existing minutes as long as they used at least 1 minute a month. Perfect for me since I only use my cell a few times a month for a few minutes. After Alltel was bought bought by Verizon, phones with those plans were grandfathered and could not be transferred to a new device. I eventually bought a new phone and subscribed to a new Verizon pre-paid plan, but as much as I tried to use the phone, I kept adding $15 a month in order to keep the phone active, and the minutes kept piling up. Eventually I let it run out and switched to my Grandma's old cell phone which still has a grandfathered Alltel pre-paid plan.

Also not to mention Verizon's terrible service. Everywhere I go, I never seem to get more than three bars. Verizon's 3G/4G service is a joke around here. I know a few people that have Verizon's 3G service, and reception is spotty at best. One even lives in a suburb of Cleveland with cell phone towers all over the place, and all he can get is 1 bar for 3G. Now I understand why Verizon got rid of the "can you hear me now?" guy.

Toledo, Canton & Youngstown markets have a soft AC station. Cleveland, home of the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, does not...
Bring Back Soft Rock 102.1 WDOK
post #4115 of 4116 Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can see a device with one button that could turn the phone on and dial 911 at the same time. And another button to call a tow truck if the car breaks. My aunt has a pacemaker implant that
monitors all kinds of stuff and sends it to the hospital nearby and that makes a lot of sense to me. Hopefully someone or thing is monitoring it at the hospital. What scares me is watching all the women talking on the cell at stop signs, red lights, left turns, 70 mph on the highway, all while drinking something and talking to the passenger in the front seat. And pray to God that they are focused enough to avoid hitting me and making me real dead. I don't mind dying of a body malfunction but it would be highly offensive from a careless unfocused driver.
JJK
post #4116 of 4116 Old Today, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJkizak View Post
What scares me is watching all the women talking on the cell at stop signs, red lights, left turns, 70 mph on the highway, all while drinking something and talking to the passenger in the front seat. And pray to God that they are focused enough to avoid hitting me and making me real dead. I don't mind dying of a body malfunction but it would be highly offensive from a careless unfocused driver.
JJK
Amen

Women are apparently very good at that kind of multitasking .... for me I can't even carry on a conversation with a passenger anymore.

Why are they putting TV's in vehicles now & encouraging this behavior?
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page