9Likes

post #4201 of 4208 Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa1062 View Post

On my Sony, the audio on "Grit" is at least 1/2 second out of sync with the video.

I think I 'hear' that, too - however, the stinking video is so unsteady and crappy - it is amazing it is still a problem and has not been fixed yet.

I may unhook my converter box and connect it directly to my Philips TV (19") to check if the audio is ok. I have no audio on my Sony DVR (DHG250). I should hook the antenna directly the Vizio and check it, too.

- Pj
2013 Vizio M-Series M401i-A3 (40-inch) TV. The Latest Firmware on my TV: V1.34.31.0080. The M401i-A3 Thread. My Latest Settings (For the A3 Panel).
The Vizio M-Series Razor Thread covers all Models 2013 & 2014. I have a ClearStream-4 connected to a DTX9950 to the Composite-In of Philips 3576H; local Cable to RF-In. I have Win7 Pro and FireFox 31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4202 of 4208 Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
The 'Grit' logo/ID should be translucent. I do not like in-your-face, solid, bold and/or colored 'bugs' sitting on the picture. It has gotten worse over the years. Some of them are quite large, too.
Tell that to WBNX! I remember back in 2005 they had a giant WB bug that took up almost 1/4 of the screen and it wasn't transparent, and no, it wasn't the typical hourly id bug. Then came the E/I requirement where a show had to always show "E/I" and WBNX slapped a huge combination WBNX-WB-E/I bug right over it so that viewers wouldn't see two bugs on the screen. They don't seem to cover up the E/I bug anymore with their own. Instead, there are two E/I bugs on the screen, one on the program and one integrated in the WBNX CW bug.

I always hated the Fox 8 News bug. I don't like bugs that are animated. They were bugless prior to the new set/graphics in 2007.

In today's world, we have even more bugs cluttering up the screen and burning into our plasma displays. Continuous network ads (thanks to DVR's) and useless Twitter hashtags, which are usually the name of the show with a # at the beginning and no spaces. For a long time I couldn't figure out was those things were since I don't Twitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa1062 View Post
On my Sony, the audio on "Grit" is at least 1/2 second out of sync with the video.
Noticed that too on my Zenith converter box. My main HDTV still has no audio from them.

It's not NEW anymore!!! Bring Back Soft Rock 102.1 WDOK

Last edited by snowdog 88; Yesterday at 08:52 AM.
post #4203 of 4208 Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
I think I 'hear' that, too - however, the stinking video is so unsteady and crappy - it is amazing it is still a problem and has not been fixed yet.
I would get in contact with WUAB and send them a message about the picture shuddering and audio being out-of-sync on 43.3. WOIO/WUAB gives me the impression that it isn't broke unless someone complains. Engineering must quickly look at the outgoing broadcasts every hour and as long as there's picture & sound then everything is OK. They don't watch it long enough to to catch minor things like glitches in the automation system. I've sent e-mails to them recently regarding 19.2 because automation of the hourly ID & commercials were off by 2 seconds, clipping programming. Last year the hourly ID on 19.2 got crippled and it was like that for over 3 months until I sent an e-mail describing the issue. In a day or so, the problem was corrected, though they replaced the then-current ID with an older version.

It's not NEW anymore!!! Bring Back Soft Rock 102.1 WDOK
post #4204 of 4208 Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Ok, a John Wayne movie just ended on GrimeTV and it looked fine in 16x9. I guess movies that are not widescreen are being forced (stretched) into the 16x9 format, like the now running B&W movie that just started as I'm typing this. At least I have some control on how to view it: The Anamorphic setting seems to look ok. The 14x9 setting chops off some of the left and right image.

The 'Grit' logo/ID should be translucent. I do not like in-your-face, solid, bold and/or colored 'bugs' sitting on the picture. It has gotten worse over the years. Some of them are quite large, too.

GruntTV still is doing the Shudder-Stutter dance.

I likely was watching that same movie & had to take the 4:3 out of squeeze, & looked fine, movie on Escape looked great too... then around 2 am a movie with Michael Mckean was on Escape & back in the squished mode, guess it depends on the content, commercials are windowframed on my 4:3.

I'm not picking up juddering, more prevalant on a LCD than a CRT?
post #4205 of 4208 Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Oh my! Link hijacking! That dreaded 'VigLink'! I had navigation difficulties with that stinking VIGLINK crap!

All I put up was a direct link to Amazon. How that gets 'hijacked' into taking you to Walmart is cRaZy!

Just one more reason why I switched to FireFox and installed the Add-On, "AdBlock Plus" program.

Ha, just one ore reason why I think I should be paid to browse the internet instead of me paying for ISP service!

I don't buy anything over the internet anyway... jokes on them!
post #4206 of 4208 Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Channel 43.3 was fine with the John Wayne movie but not with the others that were 4 x 3 stretched out. I have two independent settings in my Sony that adjust the (automatic) normal 720/1080i 16 x 9 channels and another (automatic) that adjusts the 480i 16 x 9 settings. 49.3 works just fine. 43.3 is stretched when showing 4 x 3 stuff. 61.4 is ok also so far. As soon as I see the stretchovision I change the channel.
JJK
post #4207 of 4208 Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
post #4208 of 4208 Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Talking In The Kitchen with Channel Master...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd8kct View Post

Channel Master Introduces $10 Antenna With Free Shipping

Such a deal!

Other than being practically next to a tower, this thing is just an over-sized spatula for most people. Anyone for pancakes?

- Pj
2013 Vizio M-Series M401i-A3 (40-inch) TV. The Latest Firmware on my TV: V1.34.31.0080. The M401i-A3 Thread. My Latest Settings (For the A3 Panel).
The Vizio M-Series Razor Thread covers all Models 2013 & 2014. I have a ClearStream-4 connected to a DTX9950 to the Composite-In of Philips 3576H; local Cable to RF-In. I have Win7 Pro and FireFox 31.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page