AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Don't they still have a direct rulemaking application to move back to RF31? Wasn't that submitted weeks before the FCC put a freeze on stations requesting to move to another channel?
It's either still pending or was dismissed as part of the incentive auction report and order. I'm not entirely clear on which.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
If the 31 auxiliary construction permit has expired, why is it still listed on the FCC query site?
Because those are hidden by hand and not on an automated basis. I have complained about it internally.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 4744 Unread Today, 12:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxg0754 View Post
<br />
<br />
125 mhz would be almost 21 channels, i do belive that would leave channels 14-28,<br />
It could be a good idea if you think about it,<br />
The Wireless carriers and Dish are going to have Tv Service's at some point,<br />
Of course that will include music channels you would think,<br />
So why not have Lte technology built into tv's,<br />
Or who knows maybe by then it will be pcell and as far as i have heard,<br />
Pcell is lte compadabile,<br />
also i do believe i read with the Sling Tv service unveiling that a few stocks in the near future are going to crash who could that be, dish is also participating in the testing of pcell, fiber like wirless internet, cell phone, and tv/music services<br />
Things are going to get interesting
No this don't sound like a good thing at all, sounds like the pay TV industry is stepping in & taking over. Loads of Monthly Service fees too seem evident, & this is exactly why we are on an OTA forum (or most of us), is we want to avoid that.

Informative, yes & TY... so 14-28 is 15 channels, where are the other 6 or were you saying 21 UHF?

Lastly I hear that they were going to 36 with 37 being a buffer.
Andrew K likes this.
post #4743 of 4744 Unread Today, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
The CP you see in TV Query has long since expired and was for an auxiliary facility, and WJW has no valid permit to move to channel 31.

- Trip
I never really cared if WJW moved back to channel 31 or not. They're already doing quite well on channel 8 for me, and it's one of the best Cleveland signals where I live. I think most complaints come from people who are using crappy indoor antennas. I know at one point they had a request to increase power from 11 to 30 kW. What ever happened to that? I noticed on the Rabbitears website that there are a few vacant channels listed in the Cleveland market... RF channels 3, 5, 25, and 31. So if any channels above 36 are forced to move due to the repacking, then there are a few vacant ones still available.
post #4744 of 4744 Unread Today, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
No this don't sound like a good thing at all, sounds like the pay TV industry is stepping in &amp; taking over. Loads of Monthly Service fees too seem evident, &amp; this is exactly why we are on an OTA forum (or most of us), is we want to avoid that. <br />
<br />
Informative, yes &amp; TY... so 14-28 is 15 channels, where are the other 6 or were you saying 21 UHF? <br />
<br />
Lastly I hear that they were going to 36 with 37 being a buffer.
<br />
<br />
The FCC wants to be able to now have the ability to sell spectrum that equals 21 channels nationwide,<br />
And thank you for correcting i see now that 1 more channel has to be added to my figures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page