Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 180 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 118Likes
post #5371 of 5372 Unread Today, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

a) TV stations can't enable or disable aspect ratio adjustments.

b) ...the transmission is flagged as 4:3 ... thus the box has disabled it.

c) WEWS flags the transmission as 16:9, you now can adjust it ...

d) Again, this is in the box and not the station.

- Trip

All I know, is when I add a+b+c+d and mix it in a blender, it comes out to someone/something controls the BOX to say I CAN adjust the ratio or I CANNOT. 'c' tells me the station or nutwork is doing the flagging to my box thus, indeed something upstream is the controller, not strictly the box, yes/no?

- Pj
Vizio P-Series - 2014 P502ui-B1E (50") TV, Firmware: 1.1.19. Win7 Pro and FireFox 37.0.1, Desktop.
Other Equipment: ClearStream-4 connected to dying DTX9950 to Composite-In of Philips 3576H; local CableTV to RF-In - connected to 2nd-time boards-replaced Philips 19PFL3403D (See www.BadCaps.Net - Poorly made caps).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 5372 Unread Today, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post

I don't think using a DC power adapter in place of the power supply would work since the main board likely requires more then one voltage, or rail, much like a motherboard inside a desktop computer.

You would have to use resistors to drop the voltage down to the correct value for each of the rails. Otherwise you can fry the unit and render it inoperable by providing the lower powered rails too much voltage.

How precise must the voltages be?

I see printed on the main board are 5.5v and 3.3v.

- Pj
Vizio P-Series - 2014 P502ui-B1E (50") TV, Firmware: 1.1.19. Win7 Pro and FireFox 37.0.1, Desktop.
Other Equipment: ClearStream-4 connected to dying DTX9950 to Composite-In of Philips 3576H; local CableTV to RF-In - connected to 2nd-time boards-replaced Philips 19PFL3403D (See www.BadCaps.Net - Poorly made caps).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page