Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 227 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 215Likes

post #6781 of 6792 Old Today, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxg0754 View Post
Yeah WVIZ's subchannels are not the best, mainly cause a good amount of programming is more fast paced with motion,
It looks like WEKA-LD may be on the air or will soon, it was reported on TeeVeeGuyd's visitors posts that it was on the air at about 820pm,
Which could mean that W25EK may not be far behind, Even Buzzr's site says they are on WEKA-LD 27.2 although on TeeVeeGuyd it was stated Buzzr 27.3 SonLife 27.2 and Shopping on 27.4 nothing for 27.1 has been mentioned yet

TeeVeeGuyd's facebook page link
https://www.facebook.com/TheTeeVeeGuyd/
Thanks for the heads up on WEKA. I got something lingering right now on RF 27 but it's not strong enough to decode. If it's WEKA, they maybe in the testing stages and not at full power.

EDIT: I did not get a stronger signal with a direct connection to my antenna. The meter on the Zenith converter box bounces back and forth with the highest peak just touching the green area. This tells me that WEKA isn't broadcasting from downtown Cleveland. I would love to get BUZZR. Too bad WRAP wasn't up to grab it, and W16DO/WAOH apparently doesn't have the equipment to transmit additional subs.

Newer is not always better.

Last edited by snowdog 88; Today at 11:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6782 of 6792 Old Today, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Nope, From Downtown Cleveland they are asking for license to cover
WQDI also now has a construction permit from Downtown Cleveland
https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?facid=184283
post #6783 of 6792 Old Today, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Nope, From Downtown Cleveland they are asking for license to cover
But since they are broadcasting today (per the "other board"), I would assume it would be from the site near Medina which is "licensed", & not the one downtown they only have an applied for?
post #6784 of 6792 Old Today, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Yeah WVIZ's subchannels are not the best, mainly cause a good amount of programming is more fast paced with motion,
It looks like WEKA-LD may be on the air or will soon, it was reported on TeeVeeGuyd's visitors posts that it was on the air at about 820pm,
Which could mean that W25EK may not be far behind, Even Buzzr's site says they are on WEKA-LD 27.2 although on TeeVeeGuyd it was stated Buzzr 27.3 SonLife 27.2 and Shopping on 27.4 nothing for 27.1 has been mentioned yet

TeeVeeGuyd's facebook page link
https://www.facebook.com/TheTeeVeeGuyd/
WEKA-LD 27.2, 27.3 and 27.4 are on the air for me in Euclid.....I did have to manually add that channel.
post #6785 of 6792 Old Today, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

WEKA is not strong enough to decode on my outdoor antenna, but I was able to pull it in with my coat hanger antenna. I had to move the antenna around until I found a sweet spot. Very weak for me and right on the decoding threshold. Unusual that my outdoor antenna isn't receiving WEKA as it's pointed in it's general direction but not exactly at Cleveland. Reception must be very directional or there's multipath. WRAP came in weak but steady when it was broadcasting from downtown and it was heavily nulled in my direction. I hope their RF 43 app gets approved as that will bump the wattage from 5 kW to 15 kW.

post #6786 of 6792 Old Today, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA Newbie View Post
WEKA-LD 27.2, 27.3 and 27.4 are on the air for me in Euclid.....I did have to manually add that channel.
So if they are getting out to Euclid & in Parma they have difficulty they must be broadcasting from downtown (they'll have to rectify that), I thought it was just an application & not approved?

Good Signal in Euclid?
post #6787 of 6792 Old Today, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on WEKA. I got something lingering right now on RF 27 but it's not strong enough to decode. If it's WEKA, they maybe in the testing stages and not at full power.

EDIT: I did not get a stronger signal with a direct connection to my antenna. The meter on the Zenith converter box bounces back and forth with the highest peak just touching the green area. This tells me that WEKA isn't broadcasting from downtown Cleveland. I would love to get BUZZR. Too bad WRAP wasn't up to grab it, and W16DO/WAOH apparently doesn't have the equipment to transmit additional subs.
May be weather related? Any idea if they are @ power & where (what building) they mounted their stick?

Again I thought they had to be licensed to be transmitting from downtown.
post #6788 of 6792 Old Today, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
May be weather related? Any idea if they are @ power & where (what building) they mounted their stick?

Again I thought they had to be licensed to be transmitting from downtown.
If anything, the weather maybe helping it. WCDN was coming in this afternoon and WOIO's repeater was coming in good too, even though my antenna is not aimed at Akron.

RF 27 is licensed at 5 kW and their tower is ~.5 miles south of Progressive Field by the Interbelt Bridge. This is the same tower for their other applications that broadcast from downtown. The tower is a somewhat taller than usual cell phone tower. Looks like the tower's height is limiting the coverage of the station. Not sure why they just didn't use some other station's tower in Parma.

post #6789 of 6792 Old Today, 07:29 PM

At least for me no sign of it in Parma, with an antenna indoors
post #6790 of 6792 Old Today, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I just checked on RF 27, and I'm not seeing anything at all. There's not even a sub-decode with the massive antenna aimed right at Cleveland. Downtown, where WEKA is supposedly broadcasting from, is in a hole anyways. The elevation of Lake Erie is around 570'. My elevation here is 975'. The Longley-Rice map shows me nowhere near the coverage area. I'm not even in the red. I don't care anyways. We don't need any more channel cloggers down here in Akron. Although Buzzr looks like an interesting sub-channel. I wouldn't mind seeing it replace any of the other Cleveland sub-channels.
post #6791 of 6792 Old Today, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
At least for me no sign of it in Parma, with an antenna indoors
Really? Wow.

Try this... I took a pair of rabbit ears, attached them to a tripod and placed it on a desk next to a window facing towards their transmitter. With the elements retracted and horizontal like an outdoor UHF antenna, I was able to receive a mostly solid signal of WEKA. It took me several minutes of adjusting the height of the tripod as well as it's location on the desk before I got an acceptable signal. For me, WEKA's reception is right on the decoding threshold with some occasional brief dropouts. My coathanger antenna would probably give me less dropouts, but it's too heavy and bulky.

Or I suppose you could use a snap-on UHF bowtie and attach it to a spare rod or tape it to a window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
I just checked on RF 27, and I'm not seeing anything at all. There's not even a sub-decode with the massive antenna aimed right at Cleveland. Downtown, where WEKA is supposedly broadcasting from, is in a hole anyways. The elevation of Lake Erie is around 570'. My elevation here is 975'. The Longley-Rice map shows me nowhere near the coverage area. I'm not even in the red. I don't care anyways. We don't need any more channel cloggers down here in Akron. Although Buzzr looks like an interesting sub-channel. I wouldn't mind seeing it replace any of the other Cleveland sub-channels.
Yeah, you're basically out of their coverage area. You'll have to wait until they sign on the Medina repeater.

Buzzr is what I've been watching. I don't care about SonLife or the shopping channel. BTW, is SonLife suppose to be in 16:9? I wonder what .1 will be (currently not active) since it seems like DrTV is being discontinued or replaced?

post #6792 of 6792 Old Today, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Really? Wow.

Try this... I took a pair of rabbit ears, attached them to a tripod and placed it on a desk next to a window facing towards their transmitter. With the elements retracted and horizontal like an outdoor UHF antenna, I was able to receive a mostly solid signal of WEKA. It took me several minutes of adjusting the height of the tripod as well as it's location on the desk before I got an acceptable signal. For me, WEKA's reception is right on the decoding threshold with some occasional brief dropouts. My coathanger antenna would probably give me less dropouts, but it's too heavy and bulky.

Or I suppose you could use a snap-on UHF bowtie and attach it to a spare rod or tape it to a window.

Yeah, you're basically out of their coverage area. You'll have to wait until they sign on the Medina repeater.

Buzzr is what I've been watching. I don't care about SonLife or the shopping channel. BTW, is SonLife suppose to be in 16:9? I wonder what .1 will be (currently not active) since it seems like DrTV is being discontinued or replaced?
On SonLife's website their stream is 16x9, for whatever reason with the small bug and full 16x9 material it seems their is more resolution to the network and feels more immersive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception