Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 245 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 270Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7321 of 7349 Old 08-11-2016, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Nebraska and Saskatchewan received this evening here in Akron Ohio (attached photos).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1470964880359.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1597865   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1470964917141.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1597873  
Andrew K is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7322 of 7349 Old 08-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Is anyone having issues receiving WOIO's RF 10? (Those who can normally receive it without problems).

I'm not experiencing any breakups, but I've noticed lately (last 4 days) that their signal doesn't seem to be as strong as it should be. (SNR is currently at 27.5 dB, normally up to 31 dB).

Newer is not always better.

Last edited by snowdog 88; 08-14-2016 at 07:16 PM.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7323 of 7349 Old 08-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthEast Ohio, USA
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post

Is anyone having issues receiving WOIO's RF 10?

I'm not experiencing any breakups, but I've noticed lately (last 4 days) that
their signal doesn't seem to be as strong as it should be.

(SNR is currently at 27.5 dB, normally up to 31 dB).



How's does that SNR translate with the signal level?

I do believe that this season's weather pattern for much of the summer is messing with my TV52's signal. Not as strong with some bad break-ups due to dipping to the 40's and 30's at times.

52 was bad for me at 9am and ok enough at 9pm today.

I'll have to survey the other OTA channels and see if I can detect other signal reductions.

I don't recall having this much trouble last summer.

.

- Pj
My Model-Specific Message Threads with Settings for the 2016 Vizio P50-C1 & the XR6P10 Tablet.
(The Above Needs Updating - Hopefully during August.)
Post Number One of the Main 2016 P-Series Message Thread - Continually Updated with Info.
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #7324 of 7349 Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
How's does that SNR translate with the signal level?

I do believe that this season's weather pattern for much of the summer is messing with my TV52's signal. Not as strong with some bad break-ups due to dipping to the 40's and 30's at times.

52 was bad for me at 9am and ok enough at 9pm today.

I'll have to survey the other OTA channels and see if I can detect other signal reductions.

I don't recall having this much trouble last summer.

.
Signal level is in the high 70's, normally 100.

When I first caught this, it was raining heavily and storming outside, so I thought the weather was to blame. The one day when we had all that lightning (when Andrew noted WQHS was off air/reduced power), WOIO went out twice for several seconds as if their tower got struck. The signal has recovered a few times since then, but it now seems to be reduced. 8 seems fine, so I don't think it's my antenna/setup.

I don't think I'm receiving interference from CFPL. If I did, it would only be temporally and not an all day thing.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7325 of 7349 Old 08-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthEast Ohio, USA
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post

...Signal level is in the high 70's, normally 100...

I'm thinking it's this year's wx pattern with all this heat/humidity/ and temperature inversion capping, etc. A quick check shows my OTA signals are not quite what they were last summer. Maybe it's the ChemTrailing or a large influx of evil spiritual entities messing-up signal levels. It's the End-Times, you know.

Maybe something from space is coming our way. NASA just said they're shutting down the ISS video feed to the public come Sep 1st, 2016.

My friend in Tallmadge says he does not see the 'Greenies' (OTA) with today's RifleGuy. It looked real bad to me with greens and pinks throughout, plus the Green Pulsing.

My friend's TV is a Toshiba (24"). Could some tuners be 'holding back' on the Greenies while others let it fly through?




.

- Pj
My Model-Specific Message Threads with Settings for the 2016 Vizio P50-C1 & the XR6P10 Tablet.
(The Above Needs Updating - Hopefully during August.)
Post Number One of the Main 2016 P-Series Message Thread - Continually Updated with Info.
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #7326 of 7349 Old 08-16-2016, 09:14 AM
Senior Member
 
nsa1062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Nope, no issues here (NW of Medina)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Is anyone having issues receiving WOIO's RF 10? (Those who can normally receive it without problems).

I'm not experiencing any breakups, but I've noticed lately (last 4 days) that their signal doesn't seem to be as strong as it should be. (SNR is currently at 27.5 dB, normally up to 31 dB).
nsa1062 is offline  
post #7327 of 7349 Old 08-16-2016, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Maybe WOIO tweaked its signal to send more of it toward Akron and less toward Bismarck's house
OTA Newbie likes this.
Andrew K is online now  
post #7328 of 7349 Old 08-17-2016, 05:18 AM
Member
 
dleising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone having issues with WEWS this morning? Was strong for me then went completely dead.
dleising is online now  
post #7329 of 7349 Old 08-17-2016, 05:27 AM
Member
 
dleising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleising View Post
Anyone having issues with WEWS this morning? Was strong for me then went completely dead.
Its back now, although the signal is all over the place.
dleising is online now  
post #7330 of 7349 Old 08-17-2016, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleising View Post
Its back now, although the signal is all over the place.
It's the tropo affecting it. It could be that CHCH or WPSU is wiping it out. I just had WJET Erie decode OVER WOIO's Akron repeater. Toronto and Buffalo DTVs were strong this morning.
Andrew K is online now  
post #7331 of 7349 Old 08-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleising View Post
Its back now, although the signal is all over the place.
Sounds like the same problem I have with WUAB from time to time.

I get an average signal strength of 84% with WEWS. Should be much higher with their 1000 kW signal. Heck, even W16DO blows them away with their 10 kW signal with a strength of over 95%.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7332 of 7349 Old 08-17-2016, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthEast Ohio, USA
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleising View Post

Anyone having issues with WEWS this morning?

Was strong for me then went completely dead
.


Don't know about this morning, but during the Brownz Pee-Wee game last week, TeeVee Dead-on-Five was busting up, pixelating, and dropping-out at times. This is from local Cable. I record/watch TV3 News at 7pm (1080i) and do not see this problem. I think I'll setup a recording session for Thursday's Brownz Pee-Wee game. Maybe, just maybe they can for once, produce a technical problem-free production... let alone any signal reception problem.

Speaking of news... be it TV3 or the other locals... why do they show a lot of non-local clips in SD? Looks horrible on my 50" screen. Same for sports 'lowlights', such as WOIO with ugly compressed video artifacts.


.


- Pj
My Model-Specific Message Threads with Settings for the 2016 Vizio P50-C1 & the XR6P10 Tablet.
(The Above Needs Updating - Hopefully during August.)
Post Number One of the Main 2016 P-Series Message Thread - Continually Updated with Info.
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #7333 of 7349 Old 08-17-2016, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post
Don't know about this morning, but during the Brownz Pee-Wee game last week, TeeVee Dead-on-Five was busting up, pixelating, and dropping-out at times. This is from local Cable. I record/watch TV3 News at 7pm (1080i) and do not see this problem. I think I'll setup a recording session for Thursday's Brownz Pee-Wee game. Maybe, just maybe they can for once, produce a technical problem-free production... let alone any signal reception problem.

Speaking of news... be it TV3 or the other locals... why do they show a lot of non-local clips in SD? Looks horrible on my 50" screen. Same for sports 'lowlights', such as WOIO with ugly compressed video artifacts.
Can't say about the non-local clips, but remotes are now mostly done through the internet and 3G/4G connections, hence the bad compression artifacts and low definition quality. This makes the newscasts look unprofessional as if the cameraman is using his iPhone to transmit the report back to the station.

Are radio stations using the internet as a STL? Listen very closely to some of the big name FM stations (not in HD) and you'll hear compression artifacts in the audio. Are they doing this because of iHeartRadio or because they can avoid the relicensing of their microwave STL?

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7334 of 7349 Old 08-17-2016, 09:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Gary16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is no one at WOIO monitoring the audio levels on 19.2? The overall level is low but their local inserts are at least twice as loud. This definitely violates FCC rules as well as my eardrums.
Gary16 is offline  
post #7335 of 7349 Old 08-17-2016, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary16 View Post
Is no one at WOIO monitoring the audio levels on 19.2? The overall level is low but their local inserts are at least twice as loud. This definitely violates FCC rules as well as my eardrums.
I e-mailed the engineer about this two months ago when the same problem occurred! The levels were promptly fixed, but I noticed they dropped back down sometime Tuesday afternoon.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7336 of 7349 Old 08-17-2016, 10:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Gary16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
[QUOTE=I e-mailed the engineer about this two months ago when the same problem occurred! The levels were promptly fixed, but I noticed they dropped back down sometime Tuesday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you can email again?
Gary16 is offline  
post #7337 of 7349 Old 08-18-2016, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary16 View Post
Any chance you can email again?
http://www.cleveland19.com/story/149455/management (Under managers, send an email to engineering).

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7338 of 7349 Old 08-18-2016, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Signal level is in the high 70's, normally 100.

I don't think I'm receiving interference from CFPL. If I did, it would only be temporally and not an all day thing.
What, not an all year thing?

in the past year I've seen WTOL more than WOIO, & that has only been a half dozen times.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
Maybe WOIO tweaked its signal to send more of it toward Akron and less toward Bismarck's house
They apparently did, about a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
It's the tropo affecting it. It could be that CHCH or WPSU is wiping it out. I just had WJET Erie decode OVER WOIO's Akron repeater. Toronto and Buffalo DTVs were strong this morning.
I have yet to see much Tropo this year, except for the negative effects, something has been eroding WJW's signal for me in the past 6 weeks or so.

No Erie yet this year. (for as clse as I am)

is WEWS getting the Browns games this year or just Pre Season?

Sent from a desktop PC with Windows 7

You may like...... Ads, with misleading links & more flash content!
You may also like.... Ads that cover what you are trying to read

You may also like.... Jerky & unresponsive script
You may also like.... Browser windows that restart after being closed (so you may read advertising content you may have missed).

For "the best" viewing experience... please "upgrade"...... Google Chrome
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #7339 of 7349 Old 08-18-2016, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
unclehonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
is WEWS getting the Browns games this year or just Pre Season?
just pre-season.
unclehonkey is online now  
post #7340 of 7349 Old 08-18-2016, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Michael P 2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 1,373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Are radio stations using the internet as a STL? Listen very closely to some of the big name FM stations (not in HD) and you'll hear compression artifacts in the audio. Are they doing this because of iHeartRadio or because they can avoid the relicensing of their microwave STL?
What you are hearing is the audio watermark for the "People Meter". It sounds like a very short digital delay effect. It's actually a pair of tones that gets mixed into the audio. The people meter uses these tone to ID the stations that are being listened to, and then use that data to generate the ratings.

I noticed that all I Heart Media stations use these tones when I drove to Columbus. I switched from WTAM to WTVN during The Rush Limbaugh show. I heard a similar but obviously different tone coming from WTVN.

Making matters worse stations use this device to make sure the watermark is always heard above whatever is in the program audio at any given moment.
I also believe Sirius XM is using watermarks as well. I used to blame the low bit rate they used on their satellite, but what I'm hearing is very similar to what I hear on both AM & FM stations. Non-commercial stations are probably the only ones left not using watermarks.

Last edited by Michael P 2341; 08-18-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Michael P 2341 is offline  
post #7341 of 7349 Old 08-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Signal level is in the high 70's, normally 100.
I don't think I'm receiving interference from CFPL. If I did, it would only be temporally and not an all day thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
Maybe WOIO tweaked its signal to send more of it toward Akron and less toward Bismarck's house
A splitter that I recently replaced in order to improve reception on my RCA DTA880 was degrading WOIO's signal as well as as a few other stations. Signal strength is now back to where it was before after switching the faulty one out.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7342 of 7349 Old 08-18-2016, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P 2341 View Post
What you are hearing is the audio watermark for the "People Meter". It sounds like a very short digital delay effect. It's actually a pair of tones that gets mixed into the audio. The people meter uses these tone to ID the stations that are being listened to, and then use that data to generate the ratings.

I noticed that all I Heart Media stations use these tones when I drove to Columbus. I switched from WTAM to WTVN during The Rush Limbaugh show. I heard a similar but obviously different tone coming from WTVN.

Making matters worse stations use this device to make sure the watermark is always heard above whatever is in the program audio at any given moment.
I also believe Sirius XM is using watermarks as well. I used to blame the low bit rate they used on their satellite, but what I'm hearing is very similar to what I hear on both AM & FM stations. Non-commercial stations are probably the only ones left not using watermarks.
Interesting... They are probably losing listeners to Sirius XM and internet radio and what more accurate rating numbers? Of course, this only applies to streaming platforms?

I don't blame them. Terrestrial radio is doomed! Doomed I tell you! Stations still can't figure out why people are listening to other sources for their music. Half of them sound exactly alike and play the same awful music over and over again! No variety or genre anymore that makes a particular station stand out! Won't be long until radio stations drop all local personalities and affiliate themselves with a 24/7 iHeart network. Oldies are slowly dying out from broadcast radio. Youngstown listeners are still bickering over the shift to country on WBBG 106.1. Really nothing for me to listen to since WDOK dropped it's soft rock format and went to New/Star 102. (Yuck!). I keep WMJI on in the car but rarely pay attention to it. (Songs are TOO repetitive, DJ's NEVER shut up, audio processing PUSHED to the limit). Because of the bad selection of stations in our area, I often listen to my own CD's or iPod instead. (Sometimes Real Oldies on iHeart Radio), but that's it.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7343 of 7349 Old 08-18-2016, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthEast Ohio, USA
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 70
And now, some great one-liners by SnowDog...


Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post

Terrestrial radio is doomed! Doomed I tell you!



Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post

Stations still can't figure out why people are listening to other sources for their music...

Half of them sound exactly alike and play the same awful music over and over again!

No variety or genre anymore that makes a particular station stand out!

Youngstown listeners are still bickering over the shift to country...

Songs are TOO repetitive...

DJs NEVER shut up, audio processing PUSHED to the limit...

I often listen to my own CD's or iPod instead...



That first line had me going. Funny.

Once upon a time, I became familiar with 'Podcasts' and iTunes... then the AM/FM radio stations of the world 'died' in my little world.

I have an iFartRayDeeOh App on my Vizio Tablet, but I only got as far as the opening screen to 'Sign-in or Register'. No way. So I have the 'Tune-in Radio' App. It has pop-up ads and 30-second audio ads at times before playing my selection. I would've paid for it, but not at $10 per month.

I did one-time pay for three Apps. One is a 'storm-chasing' type Radar App. Another is a radio scanner App. The third is a scanning radio scanner program for my Win7Pro desktop.

I've been tortured enough over the decades by commercial radio and TV. No more. Sometimes, technology comes by for the rescue.



.

- Pj
My Model-Specific Message Threads with Settings for the 2016 Vizio P50-C1 & the XR6P10 Tablet.
(The Above Needs Updating - Hopefully during August.)
Post Number One of the Main 2016 P-Series Message Thread - Continually Updated with Info.
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #7344 of 7349 Old 08-19-2016, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Interesting... They are probably losing listeners to Sirius XM and internet radio and what more accurate rating numbers? Of course, this only applies to streaming platforms?

I don't blame them. Terrestrial radio is doomed! Doomed I tell you! Stations still can't figure out why people are listening to other sources for their music. Half of them sound exactly alike and play the same awful music over and over again! No variety or genre anymore that makes a particular station stand out! Won't be long until radio stations drop all local personalities and affiliate themselves with a 24/7

Because of the bad selection of stations in our area, I often listen to my own CD's or iPod instead. (Sometimes Real Oldies on iHeart Radio), but that's it.
Tut tut, it's true then, people really want to & are willing to pay for something they could get for nothing.

I seldom listen to music on radio except for possibly WNCX/WZAK on Sat nights & Dee Snyders Metal program on Sunday Evening. "Pop" music really don't appeal to me anymore (what actually is mainstream top 40??), not to mention the ever increasing advertising content. ... I miss Disco, & when R&B really was R&B

I listen to the Fan in the car, but even that gets old.... bad enough I dislike being in a car.

Edit, Don't you all just play with your electronic handheld devices, & are too busy for Radio?


Sent from a desktop PC with Windows 7 (or lower)

You may like...... Ads, with misleading links & more flash content!
You may also like.... Ads that cover what you are trying to read

You may also like.... Jerky & unresponsive script
You may also like.... Browser windows that restart after being closed (so you may read advertising content you may have missed).

For "the best" viewing experience... please "upgrade"...... Google Chrome

Last edited by Bismarck440; 08-19-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #7345 of 7349 Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
So... What happened to channel 25?

Was watching it and then it lost all PSIP data. Now I'm with channels 26-3, 26-4, 26-5, 26-6 and 26-9 with no labels.

RCA DVR only lets me view 25-1 (26-3) and now has a goofy label of PR60003.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7346 of 7349 Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
CleCakYngMfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NorthEast Ohio, USA
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post

So... What happened to channel 25?

Was watching it and then it lost all PSIP data.




I just checked on 25 moments ago by doing a 'ReScan' (Wipes out all, start afresh) with my ClearStream-4 pointed North.

I got everything, except 21 and 33 and 'I Hate Eight' 8. Good signals tonight. 25 is ok for me with PSIP/Guide/Numbers. You might want to 'ReScan', but you say it was there and disappeared while watching, so perhaps the signal took a dip and that's how the RCA unit reacts? So it never came back, assuming the signal was there or came back?





.

- Pj
My Model-Specific Message Threads with Settings for the 2016 Vizio P50-C1 & the XR6P10 Tablet.
(The Above Needs Updating - Hopefully during August.)
Post Number One of the Main 2016 P-Series Message Thread - Continually Updated with Info.
CleCakYngMfd is offline  
post #7347 of 7349 Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleCakYngMfd View Post


I just checked on 25 moments ago by doing a 'ReScan' (Wipes out all, start afresh) with my ClearStream-4 pointed North.

I got everything, except 21 and 33 and 'I Hate Eight' 8. Good signals tonight. 25 is ok for me with PSIP/Guide/Numbers. You might want to 'ReScan', but you say it was there and disappeared while watching, so perhaps the signal took a dip and that's how the RCA unit reacts? So it never came back, assuming the signal was there or came back?
All is fine now with WVIZ. When the PSIP came back, the RCA corrected itself.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is online now  
post #7348 of 7349 Old Today, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 103
There was a massive red tropo blob invading the area yesterday. I checked, and it was mainly limited to VHF and FM. I saw CIII analog channel 2 from Bancroft Ontario @ 355 miles and also heard Majic 100.3 from Ottawa Ontario (420 miles).

Andrew K is online now  
post #7349 of 7349 Old Today, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
All is fine now with WVIZ. When the PSIP came back, the RCA corrected itself.
Speaking of bizarre PSIP with WVIZ, my auto-scanner shows that WVIZ had the PSIP of “WOSU” at one brief point in time, just long enough for the scanner to catch and me not to notice for my OTA viewing. This was a few weeks ago.
Andrew K is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off