Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 249 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 285Likes

Old 09-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Comet TV

Just read on the "other board" that WQDI/20 added the Comet network to one of their subchannels. That stinks since I can't decode WQDI where I'm at. I can just barely decode WEKA/41 (or <blank>/27 seeing that their PSIP is still out) on my living room TV with my outdoor antenna. Comet would have been nice on WJW 8.3 as they have a few Tribune affiliates.

Comet, Buzzr, & Newsmax should all be carried on WAOH/W16DO as they cover the Cleveland and Akron area better then WQDI & WEKA combined. (But we all know Media-Com doesn't have the up-to-date equipment to do that). Even WRAP/32 would have been perfect for these networks if they were able to get back on the air.

Newer is not always better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2016, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 106
More new logs from last night's tropo...

9 WWTV Cadillac, MI @ 288 miles
13 WNMU Marquette, MI @ 480 miles
39 WFRV Green Bay, WI @ 394 miles

(All received in Akron Ohio, where all signals end up)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1474824567907.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	1683985   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1474824609988.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	1683993   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1474824633702.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	1684001  
Old 09-26-2016, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 652 Post(s)
Liked: 126
^^^ It's Akroncentric!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Just read on the "other board" that WQDI/20 added the Comet network to one of their subchannels. That stinks since I can't decode WQDI where I'm at. I can just barely decode WEKA/41

Comet, Buzzr, & Newsmax should all be carried on WAOH/W16DO as they cover the Cleveland and Akron area better then WQDI & WEKA combined. (But we all know Media-Com doesn't have the up-to-date equipment to do that).
Do they get cable coverage in this area?

I'm thinking WEKA & W16DO will go away in my area come winter (along with Ion)

I only decoded WQDI one Saturday morning, they may have boosted the power in testing temporarily.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
^^^ It's Akroncentric!!

Do they get cable coverage in this area?

I'm thinking WEKA & W16DO will go away in my area come winter (along with Ion)

I only decoded WQDI one Saturday morning, they may have boosted the power in testing temporarily.
Low power's rarely ever get cable coverage, unless they are the only station in a market to carry a major network like NBC, CBS, etc.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Low power's rarely ever get cable coverage, unless they are the only station in a market to carry a major network like NBC, CBS, etc.
COX carried 35/29 when it was analog, but they digitized it so only those with digital TV's received the station.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P 2341 View Post
COX carried 35/29 when it was analog, but they digitized it so only those with digital TV's received the station.
TWC Akron carried 35/29 also, but I think they dropped them several years ago. (Probably when they dropped "The CAT" branding).

Funny thing is that I don't remember their picture being so awful on TWC. Lets hope that Media-Com buys new equipment for their TV stations after decommissioning WJMP/1520.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Watching channel 5 right now (The Now) and noticed that the Circle 5 logo is different. I wonder if this is part of the re-branding to News 5 Cleveland as indicated by the name change on their Facebook page.

EDIT: The News Channel 5 branding is officially gone! It's now News 5. Not crazy about the logo, though. It looks like a lottery drawing ball.

Also, I think I resolved my reception issues with WEWS. I was getting about a 80% stable signal for WEWS, with dropouts during windy/rainy weather. A few weeks ago, I flipped my Youngstown antenna around and pointed it towards the Parma farm. Since then, reception of WEWS shot up to 100%. My Youngstown antenna sits right below my main antenna, and the two are not directly connected to each other. The only thing I can think of is that my Youngstown antenna (pointed towards Youngstown) was creating multipath issues with WEWS.

Last edited by snowdog 88; 09-26-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 652 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Watching channel 5 right now (The Now) and noticed that the Circle 5 logo is different. I wonder if this is part of the re-branding to News 5 Cleveland as indicated by the name change on their Facebook page.

EDIT: The News Channel 5 branding is officially gone! It's now News 5. Not crazy about the logo, though. It looks like a lottery drawing ball.
A hot topic for the "other board", you know someone has a masters in marketing & graphics that had the genius idea & thought this one up... so don't be so quick to insult

Sent from a desktop PC with Windows 7

You may dislike...... SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER! (With no way to close the float box)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement