Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #901 of 4280 Old 02-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Member
 
AB8MO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Newbury, Ohio
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I agree with HilltopStudios. If more people who pay for cable found out what lousy pictures they were actually receiving, then maybe something would be done to improve the picture to what is found OTA. ;-)
AB8MO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 4280 Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Michael P 2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 1,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post

It's 10:45 Sunday morning and I have a puzzling issue with the locals.

Both OTA and D* locals (3-1, 5-1, 8-1, and 19-1) appear to be upconverted SD because they are 4:3 vice 16:9. I have the same issue on both the HD TV in the family room and the one in the den. Some of the programs are major network shows; so I'm sure they are normally HD (i.e., Face the Nation and Meet the Press). I'm getting normal HD on my other D* channels.

Anyone else notice this issue; and does anyone know the cause?

When you say "D*" do you mean Dish Network or Direct TV? Over on the DBS Forums "D*" is Direct TV and E* (for Echostar) is Dish Network.

In any event, on Sunday morning the only HD is Ch 3 News from 9 - 10:30, FOX News Sunday on WJW, CBS This Morning, and George Stephanopolis on ABC. All these shows are over by 10:30 AM, so that is why you saw so much SDTV 4x3.
Michael P 2341 is offline  
post #903 of 4280 Old 03-06-2010, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cleveland/Akron/Canton, OH - TV market
Posts: 4,763
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm wondering what (if any) atmospheric conditions were causing dropouts on many of the OTA channels earlier this week. I was seeing it even on WVPX-23 and WEAO-49, which I can get in my teeth usually.

I was even getting occasional dropouts in strong signals like WKYC-3 and WEWS-5.

It seemed to get better later in the week, so I'm ruling out antenna issues for the most part. I have a modest indoor antenna which normally has no problems with the above.
Inundated is online now  
post #904 of 4280 Old 03-06-2010, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nickdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
When is the WOIO channel 24 going to start? I'm curious to see how that's gonna work out. I'm gonna have two strong versions of CBS and still no FOX.
nickdawg is offline  
post #905 of 4280 Old 03-07-2010, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
JJkizak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TWINSBURG, OHIO
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
3.1, 5.1, 8.1, and 19.1 are all coming in at 98% signal strength as of yesterday.
JJK
JJkizak is offline  
post #906 of 4280 Old 03-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Newbie
 
samcraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ok this doesnt have much to do with ota I'm just looking for a little help locally here. I am in need of a satellite installer in the canton/massillon area. what I need is an old dish, simply to point at 129 or 61.5 for hd, and I need my dish500 re-aimed. My wonderful 12 year old son hit it with a baseball. I am a single father to a 2 year old so I really dont have time to just go outside and do it and I refuse to pay for a dish upgrade or extended contract. So I am asking if anyone here wants to make a quick 50$. I am currently laid off so I am home all day. Thankyou
samcraig is offline  
post #907 of 4280 Old 03-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Newbie
 
TVRadioLave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry I am not in your area (Cochranton, Pa.) but I do have a few spare parts from Dish & Directv. It's amazing what you find at garage sales & flea markets. I use the Dish 1000 now but dropped the locals for digital over the air. I have a 500 Dish as well just sitting around and had no problems aiming either Dish with my signal finder. You can usually find details at the Dish website.
TVRadioLave is offline  
post #908 of 4280 Old 03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Senior Member
 
salemtubes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Salem, Ohio
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post

I'm wondering what (if any) atmospheric conditions were causing dropouts on many of the OTA channels earlier this week. I was seeing it even on WVPX-23 and WEAO-49, which I can get in my teeth usually.

I was even getting occasional dropouts in strong signals like WKYC-3 and WEWS-5.

It seemed to get better later in the week, so I'm ruling out antenna issues for the most part. I have a modest indoor antenna which normally has no problems with the above.

I experienced the same problem here in Salem with my deep fringe setup. Everything seems to be back to normal now.
salemtubes is offline  
post #909 of 4280 Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Newbie
 
samcraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVRadioLave View Post

Sorry I am not in your area (Cochranton, Pa.) but I do have a few spare parts from Dish & Directv. It's amazing what you find at garage sales & flea markets. I use the Dish 1000 now but dropped the locals for digital over the air. I have a 500 Dish as well just sitting around and had no problems aiming either Dish with my signal finder. You can usually find details at the Dish website.

I messed with the 500 alittle but cant seem to get any better then 66% signal on 119 and 62% on 110. I use an antenna for all my local and split the dish cost between my uncle and his friend. the problem is that 90% of the hd programming is on sat 65 and honestly whats the point of having a hd tv without hd. So Im stuck looking for a way to pick up 65 withought having to buy a new dish.
samcraig is offline  
post #910 of 4280 Old 03-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Member
 
MichaelJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green, OH
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
samcraig, I sent you a private message.
MichaelJay is offline  
post #911 of 4280 Old 03-16-2010, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 1,240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Id use italics but the control panel on this board is non functional on my pc...

For digital channel 16 has already been amended to reduce ERP to 10 kW and change the directional pattern, to account for WSEE/35 Erie's RF 16 facility. It also makes the case that 16 - reserved for land mobile use - can be used in the Cleveland market...citing, among other things, WEWS/5's digital faciliity on channel 15, another land mobile channel.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws....ility_id=41074

I don't think the FCC has a clue that Erie does not reach this far west, nor is Erie a secondary market out here.

There was a small mention of CHIW but no null needed on that end.

Again the northeast gets the short end of the stick... I was kinda looking forward to Retro TV.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #912 of 4280 Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 1,240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post

This map shows the reason why WOIO-DT is having so many issues. The map represents the coverage of CFPL's analog station on channel 10. Notice the shade of blue that covers a large chunk of the lakeshore counties...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...PLCoverage.jpg

I don't Get CFPL here even rotoring north.... occasionally the snowy analog reminants from CFPL but nothing watchable... anymore.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #913 of 4280 Old 03-20-2010, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Michael P 2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 1,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post

Id use italics but the control panel on this board is non functional on my pc...

For digital channel 16 has already been amended to reduce ERP to 10 kW and change the directional pattern, to account for WSEE/35 Erie's RF 16 facility. It also makes the case that 16 - reserved for land mobile use - can be used in the Cleveland market...citing, among other things, WEWS/5's digital faciliity on channel 15, another land mobile channel.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws....ility_id=41074

I don't think the FCC has a clue that Erie does not reach this far west, nor is Erie a secondary market out here.

There was a small mention of CHIW but no null needed on that end.

Again the northeast gets the short end of the stick... I was kinda looking forward to Retro TV.

There used to be an analog 35 in Erie. When atmospheric conditions were just right that is what I saw on my TV instead of "The Cat". Keep in mind I live in the Cleveland antenna farm and can see the tower from my yard! Granted, our humble little ch 35/soon to be digital 16 does not have anywhere near the power of WSEE, however the atmosphere has can do strange things, even with LPTV signals. Therefore protection to Erie and Canada has to be considered.

BTW: Here's the coverage map for W35AX as digital ch 16 from the FCC site: RTV CLE

Here's their Akron "sister" station's digital map (they plan to flash-cut and stay on 29 in digital): RTV AKR
Michael P 2341 is offline  
post #914 of 4280 Old 03-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mike_Stuewe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Avon, Ohio (Cleveland West Side)
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
anyone see audio sync issues with basketball on WOIO? I have DirecTV and am trying to figure out if its a WOIO issue or DirecTV.
Mike_Stuewe is offline  
post #915 of 4280 Old 03-21-2010, 02:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
toby10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,899
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenager62 View Post

Having trouble in the Elyria area again. On regular intervals the pictures freezes for a split second and does this over and over again at 2 minute intervals, just like clock work.
Some of the channels are BBCA HD, SPEED HD, and NBA HD.

I'd expect a lot of reception problems getting those ch's OTA.
toby10 is online now  
post #916 of 4280 Old 03-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Member
 
nsa1062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was fine OTA, at least when I was watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Stuewe View Post

anyone see audio sync issues with basketball on WOIO? I have DirecTV and am trying to figure out if its a WOIO issue or DirecTV.

nsa1062 is offline  
post #917 of 4280 Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Member
 
ThriftyAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi folks - we're moving to Medina, OH and our providers are Armstrong and Dish or DTV. Are you happy with Armstrong? I have TWC now and actually like it alot.

Coupons are like free money. Who doesn't like free money?
ThriftyAmy is offline  
post #918 of 4280 Old 03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Michael P 2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 1,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriftyAmy View Post

Hi folks - we're moving to Medina, OH and our providers are Armstrong and Dish or DTV. Are you happy with Armstrong? I have TWC now and actually like it alot.

I have a coworker who has Armstrong in Medina. He calls them "Strong-Arm".
I guess that's Medianan for "Crime Warner".

Personally I'd go with Dish, but I'm a happy (and biased) Dish customer since 1997.
Michael P 2341 is offline  
post #919 of 4280 Old 03-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
ZManCartFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Medina, OH
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriftyAmy View Post

Hi folks - we're moving to Medina, OH and our providers are Armstrong and Dish or DTV. Are you happy with Armstrong? I have TWC now and actually like it alot.

When I first moved to Medina 7 years ago, I had Direct TV and loved it. But 3 or 4 years ago I switched to Armstrong due to the excellent bundle of internet, phone, and TV services. I've never looked back, and I've been extremely pleased ever since.

Yes, the price has crept up there but the service itself is fantastic. We've never lost television service, and internet service went down once. Because the phone went down with it, they actually rolled a truck to my house at 11 pm on a Saturday night to fix it. While the guy was here, he actually replaced a separate cable run due to a low reading he was getting. It was the single best service visit of any company I've ever dealt with.

I'm extremely pleased with them with the only three complaints being 1) the slightly high price, 2) the lack of the Big Ten network, and 3) the lack of the NHL Center Ice package. The last two are obviously personal biases.

Oh, they also have an excellent QAM lineup if that matters to you.
ZManCartFan is offline  
post #920 of 4280 Old 03-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Member
 
ThriftyAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZManCartFan View Post

Oh, they also have an excellent QAM lineup if that matters to you.

QAM?

I just wish I could get them to call me back. I've waited almost a week to "find out if they have service in my area". I know they have service in my area, I built a new house and the builder said they're the only cable service provider. It really takes them a week to figure this out on a street that has 50 houses already up on it.

Coupons are like free money. Who doesn't like free money?
ThriftyAmy is offline  
post #921 of 4280 Old 03-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
ZManCartFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Medina, OH
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriftyAmy View Post

QAM?

I just wish I could get them to call me back. I've waited almost a week to "find out if they have service in my area". I know they have service in my area, I built a new house and the builder said they're the only cable service provider. It really takes them a week to figure this out on a street that has 50 houses already up on it.

Sorry to hear you're having issues aleady. That's very unlike them in my experience.

QAM is digital cable without a box basically. Most newer sets with a digital tuner will pick it up.

Things have changed since I put this together, but here's a list as of September 2008. You can also get other people's video on demand selections in the 85's and 86's.

82-1 ESPN
82-2 Fox News
82-3 CNBC
82-4 CMT
82-5 Travel
82-6 Comedy
82-7 Lifetime
82-8 AMC
82-9 HGTV
82-10 Discovery
82-11 FX
82-12 Bravo
83-1 ESPN2
83-2 MSNBC
83-3 CNN Headline News
83-4 MTV
83-5 USA
83-6 ABC Family
83-7 E!
83-8 A&E
83-9 Animal Planet
83-10 Nickelodeon
83-11 Spike
83-12 TruTV
84-1 Cartoon Network
84-2 CNN
84-3 The Weather Channel
84-4 VH1
84-5 TLC
84-6 History
84-7 TV Land
84-8 TNT(*)
84-9 Food
84-10 TBS
84-11 WE TV
84-12 Sci-Fi
89-1 WKYC NBC
89-2 Fox Sports Net
89-4 Info
89-5 EWTN
89-6 WOAC Independent(*)
89-7 (Armstrong Info?)
89-8 TV Guide
89-9 Local Access (Medina 37)
89-11 Sports Time Ohio
90-1 WEWS ABC
90-2 WUAB MyTV
90-3 WJW Fox 8
90-4 WVIZ PBS
90-5 WNEO PBS
90-6 Inspiration
90-7
90-8 WOIO CBS(*)
90-9 WQHS Univision
90-10 FitTV
90-11 ION(*)
90-12 WBNX The CW
91-1 ShopNBC
91-2 (Unknown - showing infomercials the whole time)
91-3 Pentagon Channel
91-4 Home Shopping Network
91-5 C-Span
91-6 Disney
91-7 TCM
91-8 Nicktoons Network
91-9 QVC
91-10 (Armstrong Info?)
94-1 Local Access (Medina 36)
94-2 Shows No video input with a running timer but has audio that sounds like somebody's high school practice room
103-1 WJW Fox 8 (720p)
103-100 WEWS ABC 5 (720p)
104-1 WKYC-DT NBC (1080i)
104-2 NBC Weather Plus (480i)
104-3 WOIO CBS (1080i)
ZManCartFan is offline  
post #922 of 4280 Old 03-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Member
 
ThriftyAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nice info ZManCartFan. I'm holding out hope that Armstrong can satisfy my wants/needs.

Coupons are like free money. Who doesn't like free money?
ThriftyAmy is offline  
post #923 of 4280 Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nickdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is WVPX going to start HD broadcasting sometime soon? I noticed this on TWC's programming notices page:

Quote:


On or after April 26, 2010, WVPX/ION HD will be added to Standard HD.

nickdawg is offline  
post #924 of 4280 Old 03-25-2010, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rluyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canton OH
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdawg View Post

Is WVPX going to start HD broadcasting sometime soon? I noticed this on TWC's programming notices page:

I have queried Ion concerning this and am currently waiting on a response. I believe Ion stations in other areas have had some HD for awhile.
rluyster is offline  
post #925 of 4280 Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rluyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canton OH
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Response received from Ion today states:

"Thank you for the feedback. ION Television is currently doing a rolling launch for HD broadcast. At this time an exact date is not available for when WVPX will be available in HD. Thank you for contacting ION Media Networks.

Tanisha
Audience Relations Coordinator
ION MEDIA NETWORKS"


That doesn't help much as I think the "rolling launch" has been going on for some time.
rluyster is offline  
post #926 of 4280 Old 03-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Member
 
ThriftyAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not happy with Armstrong still - finally got someone to call me back after complaining via online. They've finally agreed that they can install on our street but are so backed up that they can't do my install until April 9th. We move in on April 1st - are you kidding me!!?? I've only called since March 2nd to try and get this rolling.

Now I'm seriously debating getting a satellite. Armstrong quote me $50 for 3 HD boxes, and $30 for internet. What do you think?

Coupons are like free money. Who doesn't like free money?
ThriftyAmy is offline  
post #927 of 4280 Old 04-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
JJkizak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TWINSBURG, OHIO
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I thought that the Ten Commandments on ABC last night was really right on the money for color, contrast, sharpness, and resolution. There was some film jutter on the pans however.
JJK
JJkizak is offline  
post #928 of 4280 Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Member
 
AB8MO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Newbury, Ohio
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJkizak View Post

I thought that the Ten Commandments on ABC last night was really right on the money for color, contrast, sharpness, and resolution. There was some film jutter on the pans however.
JJK

I think the person who edited the movie for time and commercial spots did a real hack job. I understand they have to cut a ton out of the move already, but the abrupt changes seemingly from in the middle of scenes to commercials was very annoying.
AB8MO is offline  
post #929 of 4280 Old 04-10-2010, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 1,240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriftyAmy View Post

Not happy with Armstrong still - finally got someone to call me back after complaining via online. They've finally agreed that they can install on our street but are so backed up that they can't do my install until April 9th. We move in on April 1st - are you kidding me!!?? I've only called since March 2nd to try and get this rolling.

Now I'm seriously debating getting a satellite. Armstrong quote me $50 for 3 HD boxes, and $30 for internet. What do you think?

You could just buy an antenna (If you're moving into a house)... watch DVD's for 9 days??

Probably check this forum.....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...87017&page=736

More Pay TV oriented

Is this still an OTA forum here?.... reading the last page I'm doubting this of course I'm one of those cheap bastards that is happy with my 10 channels & thinks that $40/month the cable company is charging is way too high in this economy.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #930 of 4280 Old 04-10-2010, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 1,240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P 2341 View Post

There used to be an analog 35 in Erie. When atmospheric conditions were just right that is what I saw on my TV instead of "The Cat". Keep in mind I live in the Cleveland antenna farm and can see the tower from my yard! Granted, our humble little ch 35/soon to be digital 16 does not have anywhere near the power of WSEE, however the atmosphere has can do strange things, even with LPTV signals. Therefore protection to Erie and Canada has to be considered.

BTW: Here's the coverage map for W35AX as digital ch 16 from the FCC site: RTV CLE

Here's their Akron "sister" station's digital map (they plan to flash-cut and stay on 29 in digital): RTV AKR

I am much aware of WSEE, although as close as I am to Erie (but not that close) that was one Erie Station I was never able to pick up... Erie actually has a RTN affiliate on DTV 9 that barely makes it to downtown Erie anyway, makes me wonder if is RTN just seeking out Low Power affiliates.

I might have had a shot at the Cats initial transition, but with the FCC amendments likely forget it.... my point I really don't think the FCC is aware of the ridge propogation here when making these assignments & nulling the northeast with certain stations. We really need repeaters up here for OTA coverage if indeed this is the Cleveland Market (last time I checked it still was).

Comment on 19's 24/7 WX... it would be much better by showing the commercials up in the corner box, with the forecast/Temps in the sidebars... they used to do this now they go to full screen commercials.
Bismarck440 is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off