Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 312 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 515Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9331 of 9341 Old 08-16-2017, 06:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwest View Post
Here is the fall schedule for Me TV on WOIO 19.2 (I assume they are planning to keep it around for a while):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-p...t6NUxJM2s/view

Nothing to get excited about. I was hoping they would give MASH, Andy Griffith and Hogan's Heroes a rest or at least moved to a different time slot, but no dice.
Thanks! Been looking for this on their site, but all I got was the current schedule. Weekday line up is disappointing, though. They placed the new additions at the worst possible times. And yes, I wish they would give MASH & Hogan's Heroes a rest ...and especially The Brady Bunch & Saved By The Bell. -gag-

Glad they kept ALF, but Sunday mornings at 6 AM?! I'm not even up at that time, so I guess it's getting DVR'ed.

They bumped Svengoolie up two hours! That's good as lately I've been falling asleep near the end. And Touched By An Angel Sunday afternoons/evenings is another plus.

Looks like a lot of H&I additions in the early morning hours, too.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9332 of 9341 Old 08-17-2017, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Cleveland 19 News got a slight graphics update along with an animated logo.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #9333 of 9341 Old 08-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Here is the fall schedule for Antenna TV on WJW 8.2:

http://antennatv.tv/wp-content/uploa..._4thQ_2017.pdf

It looks like we are still stuck with a steady dose of Norman Lear sitcoms in primetime. Sunday evening doesn't look too bad, I might watch a couple of those programs. I'm glad to see they are doing one episode of each show in the evening instead of two episodes back-to-back.

Last edited by skiwest; 08-17-2017 at 10:00 AM.
skiwest is offline  
 
post #9334 of 9341 Old 08-17-2017, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,438
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 157
These High VHF Diginets are slowly eroding out of my reception window, leaving me with Laff, Get, Movies, & Grit, & sometimes Retro. Even WEAK has been a disappointment only received them a half dozen evenings this summer (unlike last summer, they must have done something over the winter). I think someone mentioned earlier a concept of a lineup from the specific past. What would be a bold move for one of these diginets, would be a Saturday Morning lineup from the Late 60's early 70's era (before the invasion of Sid & Marty Kroft).

I don't think the above would fly due to the E/I requirements of Saturday & Sunday mornings. I may be just regressing, but even some very vintage Sesame Street may even be entertaining.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #9335 of 9341 Old 08-17-2017, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 99
The Grit affiliation for WUAB 43.3 should be ending tomorrow. I can't remember the time when 43.3 switched to Grit, but Wikipedia says that the network was launched on August 18, 2014 at noon. (WUAB was a launch affiliate).

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #9336 of 9341 Old 08-18-2017, 05:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
JJkizak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TWINSBURG, OHIO
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
Cleveland 19 News got a slight graphics update along with an animated logo.
I believe 43.1 did also but they were overscanning in the 16 x 9 mode last night a touch.
JJK
JJkizak is offline  
post #9337 of 9341 Old 08-18-2017, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,438
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
The Grit affiliation for WUAB 43.3 should be ending tomorrow. I can't remember the time when 43.3 switched to Grit, but Wikipedia says that the network was launched on August 18, 2014 at noon. (WUAB was a launch affiliate).
The Beginning of the End of Raycom.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #9338 of 9341 Old 08-18-2017, 08:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
When is 43 shutting down and moving to 19? What will happen with the 43 tower? Are there any FM's using it?
skiwest is offline  
post #9339 of 9341 Old 08-18-2017, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,438
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
I wish they would give MASH & Hogan's Heroes a rest ...and especially The Brady Bunch & Saved By The Bell. -gag-

Glad they kept ALF, but Sunday mornings at 6 AM?! I'm not even up at that time, so I guess it's getting DVR'ed.

They bumped Svengoolie up two hours! That's good as lately I've been falling asleep near the end.
Don't like Hogan?? Hogan was hilarious! Gee wish Me-TV was a Staple here (rather than be like CleCakYngMfd, & mock it & complain about the green flashes)... (52 made a rare appearance the other morning, probably the last I'll see of that.

Or you can get the ALF DVD's like I did! Hypothetically Svenghoulie runs opposite of Offbeat Cinema on 16, but will now run against Son of Ghoul. At least 16 has been on pretty much 90% this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwest View Post
When is 43 shutting down and moving to 19? What will happen with the 43 tower? Are there any FM's using it?
by 1/23/18
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #9340 of 9341 Old 08-18-2017, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwest View Post
When is 43 shutting down and moving to 19? What will happen with the 43 tower? Are there any FM's using it?
106.5 The Lake is on the WUAB tower. I think 104.1 used to be there too, but moved to the old WVIZ analog tower several years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
Don't like Hogan?? Hogan was hilarious! Gee wish Me-TV was a Staple here (rather than be like CleCakYngMfd, & mock it & complain about the green flashes)... (52 made a rare appearance the other morning, probably the last I'll see of that.

Or you can get the ALF DVD's like I did! Hypothetically Svenghoulie runs opposite of Offbeat Cinema on 16, but will now run against Son of Ghoul. At least 16 has been on pretty much 90% this summer.
Hogan's Heroes is fine, but they need to give it a rest or cut back on it's airings. It just started over again earlier this week.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #9341 of 9341 Old 08-18-2017, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,438
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post

Hogan's Heroes is fine, but they need to give it a rest or cut back on it's airings. It just started over again earlier this week.
Would like to see those again, they were on too early for me back when 19 used to be receivable, before August of '15 when some unknown change was made. ... either with them or on the CFPL end.
Bismarck440 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off