Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 316 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 542Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9451 of 9477 Old 09-15-2017, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,468
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa1062 View Post
Looks like he's in Avon. Definitely on the edge of WOIO's null and likely close enough to the lake for CFPL to be an issue.
The engineers @ WOIO assured me that the CFPL issue goes to the west side lake shore communities, then stated about their repeater for the Greater Akron area, the null to the north/northeast is specifically unaddressed, & it is what it is, & since WOIO was assigned RF 10 by the FCC they are stuck with it until the repack.... & we see how that went.
Bismarck440 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9452 of 9477 Old 09-16-2017, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,468
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeldo View Post
I might have not realized what else I could receive. I do have a lot of trees in the way and this affects reception somewhat in the summertime.
As fall/winter approaches, I note ION is slowly disappearing every so often now, I seem to have the opposite effect here & I lose my "fringe" stations during the winter months. The reappear as the leaves start to bud in the spring.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #9453 of 9477 Old 09-18-2017, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Andrew K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Does anyone know if WDLI TBN is entering a sharing agreement? Rabbitears indicates that it is going off the air, but I heard a conflicting story a couple months ago.
Andrew K is offline  
 
post #9454 of 9477 Old 09-18-2017, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Posts: 15,539
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
Does anyone know if WDLI TBN is entering a sharing agreement? Rabbitears indicates that it is going off the air, but I heard a conflicting story a couple months ago.
I have no inside information.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is offline  
post #9455 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 08:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I wonder how much longer W16DO is stuck with Retro TV? It would be nice to see them switch to a network that is a little more entertaining.
skiwest is offline  
post #9456 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,468
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwest View Post
I wonder how much longer W16DO is stuck with Retro TV? It would be nice to see them switch to a network that is a little more entertaining.
I happen to like the Saturday night Lineup, (Son of Ghoul, Offbeat Cinema, Horror Hotel)... though it will be going away for the winter.

They seem to get a lot of Canadian Produced programming. Didn't they once show the Movin' On Series from NBC '75-76 on Sundays?
OTA Newbie likes this.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #9457 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Son of Ghoul is locally produced, right? So that could likely continue even if they switched.
skiwest is offline  
post #9458 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,468
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwest View Post
Son of Ghoul is locally produced, right? So that could likely continue even if they switched.
Believe he was affiliated with WAOC 67 years back & the Cat picked him up. Does or is Retro / W16DO carried on Cable in Lake County? Not that I would get cable for this purpose, that's just not what I do... including what goes on at WOIO.... I'm just going to live without them or the Browns for that matter, hopefully they find another affiliate in '21.. if I'm still around.

I like Svenghoulie too, but again, that's another WOIO loss.... local programming can be great, & not only programming limited to this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeldo View Post
SI do have a lot of trees in the way and this affects reception somewhat in the summertime.
I noted over the past few years the treeline has changed quite a bit with the ash bore disease... still i lose stations in the winter months.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #9459 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
Believe he was affiliated with WAOC 67 years back & the Cat picked him up. Does or is Retro / W16DO carried on Cable in Lake County? Not that I would get cable for this purpose, that's just not what I do... including what goes on at WOIO.... I'm just going to live without them or the Browns for that matter, hopefully they find another affiliate in '21.. if I'm still around.

I like Svenghoulie too, but again, that's another WOIO loss.... local programming can be great, & not only programming limited to this area.



I noted over the past few years the treeline has changed quite a bit with the ash bore disease... still i lose stations in the winter months.
While I think it is the trees that cause WEAO to get weaker for me in the summertime, I have noticed that as fall approaches I don't receive WRLM as well although my antenna is pointed towards WEAO primarily. It will be interesting to see what happens after the channel switch and WEAO using horizontal/vertical polarization in the future if that will hurt or help at my location.
jkeldo is offline  
post #9460 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Andrew K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
I noted over the past few years the treeline has changed quite a bit with the ash bore disease... still i lose stations in the winter months.
If you have the antenna in the attic, it's already blocking a large percentage of signal. Trees block roughly 90% of UHF signals. An antenna in an enclosed attic suffers even more loss of UHF. The good news is that you don't need much signal to get a watchable picture. I had a large maple tree removed from my backyard a few months ago. It was about 15' away from my UHF antenna, but I didn't notice much difference before and after. I suppose your difference in summer and winter signals could just have to do with the weather. There's a lot of regional tropo in the summer caused by nighttime cooling. Maybe it's just enough to bring in the weaker semi-locals.
Andrew K is offline  
post #9461 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 1,325
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwest View Post
I wonder how much longer W16DO is stuck with Retro TV? It would be nice to see them switch to a network that is a little more entertaining.
I wonder how much longer they are going to broadcast a crappy analog image along with distorted audio. Would be nice if W16DO would add some subchannels with the popular diginets that WEKA & WQDI currently has. You know, those two stations that about 2% of viewers within their coverage area can receive.

If Media-Com dumped some money into W16DO and shifted their focus towards the Cleveland area, their .1 could be a 24/7 independently operated station with a wider selection of local content. I'm not asking for a format similar to what WOIO, WUAB and WBNX had before they dropped their independent formats, just something with a focus aimed towards local communities. They can keep S.O.G., but they should either drop or greatly revamp The Steve French Sports Talk Show as it looks like he's broadcasting from his basement. Heck, amateur videos on YouTube are more professional than his show. What a joke! And that church program that's on in the mornings... I hope they aren't paying more than $5 for Media-Com to broadcast it from their DVD player.

As for Retro, I wish they would go away or get sold off to someone else or change it's format. It was the first diginet that specialized in classic TV, but Me-TV and Antenna TV later on created too much competition, and the network had to resort to lesser known, bottom-of-the-barrel programming along with public domain copies of the more popular shows. (That Festival of Fear host looks like a horrible knockoff of Svengoolie). My guess as to why Media-Com replaced America One with Retro was that they were probably afraid their channels would be forgotten after the switch to digital as most over-the-air viewers would use their converter boxes exclusively and not watch the low powers still broadcasting an analog signal. Retro was probably the answer to convince viewers to use the pass-though on their converter boxes in order to watch their channels as (at the time) Retro had better programming than America One.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #9462 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Michael P 2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Parma, OH
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
My guess as to why Media-Com replaced America One with Retro was that they were probably afraid their channels would be forgotten after the switch to digital as most over-the-air viewers would use their converter boxes exclusively and not watch the low powers still broadcasting an analog signal. Retro was probably the answer to convince viewers to use the pass-though on their converter boxes in order to watch their channels as (at the time) Retro had better programming than America One.
Hey any network that carries Dr. Who can't be all bad!
America One no longer exists (since 2015). It's successor is called "Yootoo America". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_One
Michael P 2341 is offline  
post #9463 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
JJkizak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TWINSBURG, OHIO
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P 2341 View Post
Hey any network that carries Dr. Who can't be all bad!
America One no longer exists (since 2015). It's successor is called "Yootoo America". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_One
They also have the Beverly Hillbillies I think.
JJK
JJkizak is offline  
post #9464 of 9477 Old 09-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
nsa1062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Just the public domain episodes (with the theme music changed, since this is still copyrighted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJkizak View Post
They also have the Beverly Hillbillies I think.
JJK
nsa1062 is offline  
post #9465 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cleveland/Akron/Canton, OH - TV market
Posts: 4,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Surprised that no one has posted this yet. Cozi TV starts September 30th on a channel people can actually receive, WKYC/3.3.

http://wkycdirectorscut.blogspot.com...september.html
snowdog 88 and skiwest like this.
Inundated is offline  
post #9466 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
nsa1062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Excellent!

I guess no more weather radar. No big deal, it's mostly PSA's anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
Surprised that no one has posted this yet. Cozi TV starts September 30th on a channel people can actually receive, WKYC/3.3.

http://wkycdirectorscut.blogspot.com...september.html
nsa1062 is offline  
post #9467 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,468
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa1062 View Post
Excellent!

I guess no more weather radar. No big deal, it's mostly PSA's anyway.
The new station will replace the station's current weather channel on 3.3 that will no longer be available over the air after September 29th.

I will miss the WX.

So will WEAK have to drop COZI?

Channel Fifty Too was coming in this AM, the Sub on 52.2 had a GREEN tint, & there was no PISP info.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #9468 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Senior Member
 
wd8kct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 15
WIVM - TV (Facebook)

****WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!***** If you love the REALLY SPOOKY MOVIE; Local sporting events and the coaches shows ... PLEASE help WIVM /WIVN remain on the air. Write to your congressmen and representatives even to the FCC ... Additional band with is being taken away from television networks and given to the cell phone industry. ALL of the programs we carry that you love watching will vanish is we lose our channel or do not received a replacement channel .. ONLY the VIEWERS can make a difference. There is no time frame from this happening .. could it be tomorrow? maybe but it will happen without your help. Please let everyone who can make a difference that you want to keep WIVM and WVIN on the air. THANK YOU
wd8kct is offline  
post #9469 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
nsa1062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I guess they could go to low-VHF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd8kct View Post
WIVM - TV (Facebook)

****WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!***** If you love the REALLY SPOOKY MOVIE; Local sporting events and the coaches shows ... PLEASE help WIVM /WIVN remain on the air. Write to your congressmen and representatives even to the FCC ... Additional band with is being taken away from television networks and given to the cell phone industry. ALL of the programs we carry that you love watching will vanish is we lose our channel or do not received a replacement channel .. ONLY the VIEWERS can make a difference. There is no time frame from this happening .. could it be tomorrow? maybe but it will happen without your help. Please let everyone who can make a difference that you want to keep WIVM and WVIN on the air. THANK YOU
nsa1062 is offline  
post #9470 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
nsa1062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 67
It's nice to have during storms, but there are so many commercials/PSAs it is mostly useless.

Now if WOIO only keeps MeTV when WUAB slides over (when is that supposed to happen? Soon I would guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
I will miss the WX.
snowdog 88 likes this.
nsa1062 is offline  
post #9471 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa1062 View Post
It's nice to have during storms, but there are so many commercials/PSAs it is mostly useless.
Don't worry. We still have Mark Johnson.
snowdog 88 likes this.
skiwest is offline  
post #9472 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Andrew K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,479
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd8kct View Post
WIVM - TV (Facebook)

****WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!***** If you love the REALLY SPOOKY MOVIE; Local sporting events and the coaches shows ... PLEASE help WIVM /WIVN remain on the air. Write to your congressmen and representatives even to the FCC ... Additional band with is being taken away from television networks and given to the cell phone industry. ALL of the programs we carry that you love watching will vanish is we lose our channel or do not received a replacement channel .. ONLY the VIEWERS can make a difference. There is no time frame from this happening .. could it be tomorrow? maybe but it will happen without your help. Please let everyone who can make a difference that you want to keep WIVM and WVIN on the air. THANK YOU
Last I checked, WIVX-LD had a construction permit to move their Loudonville transmitter (currently licensed to DT 51 and not being used) to Doylestown and broadcast on DT 13. Did anyone else notice this? I thought this was their plan to stay on the air.
Andrew K is offline  
post #9473 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 1,325
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
Surprised that no one has posted this yet. Cozi TV starts September 30th on a channel people can actually receive, WKYC/3.3.

http://wkycdirectorscut.blogspot.com...september.html
Great! They must have just posted that as I've been checking that site periodically to see if COZI or MeTV would end up on WKYC.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #9474 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 2,468
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa1062 View Post
It's nice to have during storms, but there are so many commercials/PSAs it is mostly useless.

Now if WOIO only keeps MeTV when WUAB slides over (when is that supposed to happen? Soon I would guess).
True the amount of PSA's has increased ... & no more Hollie Strano dance routines ... I still find the Radar useful for lake effect snow & oncoming storms.

I would hope Me goes to 55 or elsewhere... i certainly can't get it on 19, plus I'll lose the Bounce.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
If you have the antenna in the attic, it's already blocking a large percentage of signal. Trees block roughly 90% of UHF signals. An antenna in an enclosed attic suffers even more loss of UHF. The good news is that you don't need much signal to get a watchable picture. I had a large maple tree removed from my backyard a few months ago. It was about 15' away from my UHF antenna, but I didn't notice much difference before and after. I suppose your difference in summer and winter signals could just have to do with the weather. There's a lot of regional tropo in the summer caused by nighttime cooling. Maybe it's just enough to bring in the weaker semi-locals.
That may make some sense, in addition to possibly snow on the roof obstructing a signal too (since I'm in an attic), though even when I had the Outdoor, the signals from 23 Ion faded in winter months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd8kct View Post
WIVM - TV (Facebook)

****WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!***** If you love the REALLY SPOOKY MOVIE; Local sporting events and the coaches shows ... PLEASE help WIVM /WIVN remain on the air. Write to your congressmen and representatives even to the FCC ... Additional band with is being taken away from television networks and given to the cell phone industry. ALL of the programs we carry that you love watching will vanish is we lose our channel or do not received a replacement channel .. ONLY the VIEWERS can make a difference. There is no time frame from this happening .. could it be tomorrow? maybe but it will happen without your help. Please let everyone who can make a difference that you want to keep WIVM and WVIN on the air. THANK YOU
Well, leek that on the Facebook, Eh?
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #9475 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 1,325
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa1062 View Post
I guess no more weather radar. No big deal, it's mostly PSA's anyway.
If the weather radar was better maintained and provided more info, then I would definitely want it to stick around. But ever since it resurfaced on 3.3, it has been nothing but the same 3 radars (2 now) and PSAs. They should have operated it similar to the old NBC Weather Plus that was shut down at the end of 2008. What we see now is something that would come out of a low budget station like W16DO, only with much better picture quality.

Smartphone apps are probably the reason why stations are dropping their weather channels. This likely wasn't the case with WOIO replacing the weather with MeTV as smartphones were still being adopted at that time. I think WOIO was just getting tired of producing the weather segments 4-5 times a day, even the reporters looked like they were getting tired. Otherwise, WOIO would have kept their weather and placed MeTV on WUAB. WKYC probably brought the radar back after replacing it with Justice due to viewer complaints. We'll see if that happens again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post
So will WEAK have to drop COZI?
They will have to.

Maybe they can move Decades from WQDI 20.5 over to 41.1 so I can actually see some of their shows whenever WEAK's signal is strong enough to decode.

Newer is not always better.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #9476 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
snowdog 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, OH
Posts: 1,325
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked: 102
OMG! For the VERY first time WQDI-LD FINALLY came in for me!!!!!

Signal strength: 1/10 - 2/10 bars.

WEKA's signal strength: 5/10 - 7/10 bars.

I'm going to enjoy WQDI while I can since this maybe the only time it will ever come in.

So if anyone is wondering... Yes, WQDI does exist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4863.JPG (96.9 KB, 24 views)

Newer is not always better.

Last edited by snowdog 88; Yesterday at 07:51 PM.
snowdog 88 is offline  
post #9477 of 9477 Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
 
dmking12370's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post
If the weather radar was better maintained and provided more info, then I would definitely want it to stick around. But ever since it resurfaced on 3.3, it has been nothing but the same 3 radars (2 now) and PSAs. They should have operated it similar to the old NBC Weather Plus that was shut down at the end of 2008. What we see now is something that would come out of a low budget station like W16DO, only with much better picture quality.

Smartphone apps are probably the reason why stations are dropping their weather channels. This likely wasn't the case with WOIO replacing the weather with MeTV as smartphones were still being adopted at that time. I think WOIO was just getting tired of producing the weather segments 4-5 times a day, even the reporters looked like they were getting tired. Otherwise, WOIO would have kept their weather and placed MeTV on WUAB. WKYC probably brought the radar back after replacing it with Justice due to viewer complaints. We'll see if that happens again...
I don't think that was entirely the reason. Notice that the announcement said that the weather radar would cease to exist as an over-the-air channel. My guess is that the radar would continue on those cable systems who have picked up the channel (and usually put the channel in the news/weather section and away from the other subchannels). I think this was partly due to pressure from NBC (which owns Cozi TV) and partly an attempt to increase the viewership (and ad revenue).
dmking12370 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off