Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 323 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 562Likes

post #9661 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P 2341 View Post
The first thing I thought when I saw who was considering the .10/bag tax (Cuyahoga County Council) was this: those who live close enough to the county line (i.e. Euclid) would just do all their shopping in Lake County (is Shoregate still around?). They would only be screwing the Cuyahoga County businesses. And the money being earmarked for lake cleanup? Ha, you know that money would end up elsewhere.
I'd be willing to bet the majority of the money earmarked for "lake cleanup" will go to administrative costs.

A lot of people re-use those blue bags for trash can liners, picking up dog poop and various other things. They will still need to use some kind of plastic bags for that. Will they still use the blue bag if they cost ten cents each? Will they start using other bags that cost less? Will they make a run to a store in a neighboring county to stock up on free bags? Will this lead to county council imposing a tax on ALL plastic bags? Seems like this could be a disaster. Cuyahoga County is already the highest taxed county in the state. Let's keep piling on more taxes.

Last edited by skiwest; Yesterday at 09:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9662 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Cleveland, OH - HDTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiwest View Post
I'd be willing to bet the majority of the money earmarked for "lake cleanup" will go to administrative costs.

A lot of people re-use those blue bags for trash can liners, picking up dog poop and various other things. They will still need to use some kind of plastic bags for that. Will they still use the blue bag if they cost ten cents each? Will they start using other bags that cost less? Will they make a run to a store in a neighboring county to stock up on free bags? Will this lead to county council imposing a tax on ALL plastic bags?

Really worth the gas to drive out of your way to potentially save a buck or two in bags? Not me, but then again were all different.

I do reuse bags but the majority of people don't...and plastic is causing environmental problems (see great Pacific garbage patch). Not that Cuyahoga county charging for bags will fix this but changing our mental approach to single use plastic stuff will, with time. A minute step in the right direction, IMO, and paper bags work well enough. I like the Aldi approach, they have been charging for bags for years.

Back to HDTV stuff now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by dleising; Yesterday at 09:18 AM.
post #9663 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleising View Post
Really worth the gas to drive out of your way to potentially save a buck or two in bags? Not me, but then again were all different.

I do reuse bags but the majority of people don't...and plastic is causing environmental problems (see great Pacific garbage patch). Not that Cuyahoga county charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be no big deal for those on the edge of the county. They are probably already doing that for cigarettes and alcohol.
OTA Newbie likes this.

post #9664 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael P 2341 View Post
The first thing I thought when I saw who was considering the .10/bag tax (Cuyahoga County Council) was this: those who live close enough to the county line (i.e. Euclid) would just do all their shopping in Lake County (is Shoregate still around?). They would only be screwing the Cuyahoga County businesses. And the money being earmarked for lake cleanup? Ha, you know that money would end up elsewhere.
Shoregate is about half of what it was, the western end of it was leveled for "upscale" housing & condos.... if you remember where Jotes was (now Marcs), that is the new western end.

Quote:
It would be no big deal for those on the edge of the county. They are probably already doing that for cigarettes and alcohol.
I swore up & down never to buy Alcohol in Cuyahoga county after the sin tax imposed, yet I found I could actually pay less there, this has to be on the disreibutor level & is absorbed by surrounding counties anyway.

Quote:
Cuyahoga County is already the highest taxed county in the state. Let's keep piling on more taxes.
Not to mention our Darling E-Check Program.

Is Retro's Sunday night Programming of Offbeat Cinema prempting regular programming? The Guide appears to be different.

Last edited by Bismarck440; Yesterday at 09:54 AM.
post #9665 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked: 152
The ATSC 3.0 test signal appears to be on DT 31 again. I'm noticed the signal strength shot up to 100%, but I can't get any decodeable ATSC 1.0 DTV signal. So they must be testing in ATSC 3.0 mode today.
post #9666 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM

Back to TV stuff. It's nice to have Cozi on a watchable channel once again. One little annoyance is that Columbo airs on Sunday evening on both Cozi and MeTV. One has the older episodes and the other has the newer episodes. That must annoy those who like Columbo as well as those who don't like Columbo. I happen to be in the latter group.
OTA Newbie likes this.
post #9667 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Back to TV stuff. It's nice to have Cozi on a watchable channel once again.
Sadly, I still watch COZI on WEAK 41.1 at times because WKYC 3.3 still has that green tint shift in it. Not sure if the engineers are looking into the problem.

I sent ANOTHER email to Antenna TV asking them to have WJW look into their green tint on 8-2. The network always replies back telling me that my message has been forwarded to an engineer at WJW, but I never hear a thing back from the station. The engineers there must not know how to reply to emails, or they are color-blind and think I'm crazy. If the picture was upside-down and mirrored with the color inverted, they probably would not fix it.

Newer is not always better.
post #9668 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Back to TV stuff. It's nice to have Cozi on a watchable channel once again. One little annoyance is that Columbo airs on Sunday evening on both Cozi and MeTV. One has the older episodes and the other has the newer episodes. That must annoy those who like Columbo as well as those who don't like Columbo. I happen to be in the latter group.
The newer episodes have actors you never heard of before.
JJK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page