Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomputerguy View Post

I have a question a little off topic
How is the Ultimate Internet anyone have it am getting tomorrow for 18.00 dollars more
is it as awesome as they say? I am crawling out of my skin An INTERNET addicted will netfliks run better?
thanks for anyones input i know MB probably over kill

First off, are you in a safe place?

Second, what the hell is netfliks and was it a brown dot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 990 Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

netflix sorry can not spell
Is it really better I hope so were am living the network slows a bit at times
I hear the 50mb service is different and runs on another bandwith is that true at all am so glad you don't have to pay 144.00 a month know thanks COX
post #273 of 990 Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg02445 View Post

It's not over the air. I watch via antenna also, and have no problem there. I noticed the blocking on the Office recording. It seems to happen everywhere though.

Still having the same issue? The engineer I spoke to here recommended the box be swapped out, based on what you wrote here.
post #274 of 990 Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:

netflix sorry can not spell
Is it really better I hope so were am living the network slows a bit at times
I hear the 50mb service is different and runs on another bandwith is that true at all am so glad you don't have to pay 144.00 a month know thanks COX

I didn't test it myself, but I was in contact with many of testers, who all seemed very pleased with the speeds. Here's a review by one of them.

That's all I'll say because I know this isn't the appropriate venue.
post #275 of 990 Old 03-21-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJW_CoxNE View Post

I didn't test it myself, but I was in contact with many of testers, who all seemed very pleased with the speeds. Here's a review by one of them.

That's all I'll say because I know this isn't the appropriate venue.

Not the right place, notes, just wanted to throw in my two cents, I will make it short.

I signed up for a month or two when I moved over here. It runs on the DOCSIS 3.0 system which uses channel bonding to increase bandwidth capability. 3 channels on the down, and 1 on the up. Two of those channels down aren't used by any one but DOCSIS 3.0 users, so that really speeds things up. I have heard friends getting 7-8MB or 60-70Mb down. But unless your using Newsgroups or the like, its's just complete overkill. Thats why I switched back after a couple months. Funny though..I got to keep the N router and docsis 3.0 modem...hmmmmm.
post #276 of 990 Old 03-24-2010, 02:21 PM

FYI - starting tomorrow there's a free preview of Showtime On DEMAND. It runs through Sunday. They've recently upped the number of HD movies available (they always had a good number of episodes of their shows).
post #277 of 990 Old 03-24-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

FYI - starting tomorrow there's a free preview of Showtime On DEMAND. It runs through Sunday. They've recently upped the number of HD movies available (they always had a good number of episodes of their shows).

thanks for the info but i have showtime but will they be doing that with EPIX HD in april
post #278 of 990 Old 03-26-2010, 08:51 AM

Hi all Just wanted to Let Everyone now that Starz Showtime & Cinamax On Demand Now have thire own sepatre Channels . for HD On demand for they are right below thire Regaulr on demand channels for exp starz on Demand if you go right Below it says STazHDod click on it and all the HD progaming is thrie now As of 11:50 starz HD on demand has not been loaded but showtime and max HD on Demand have been loaded .

Have a good day All
Matt
post #279 of 990 Old 03-26-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:

thanks for the info but i have showtime but will they be doing that with EPIX HD in april

No, they won't be doing that with Epix. The channel will be available to customers who want to purchase it a la carte.
post #280 of 990 Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

No, they won't be doing that with Epix. The channel will be available to customers who want to purchase it a la carte.

how much for the channel any idea it should be with the money
post #281 of 990 Old 04-01-2010, 07:08 AM

To EJW_Cox NE

With Warwick Mall Now closed Indefently what does cox Plan on doing about folks in warwick west warwick Etc. who want to change boxes or pay bills etc? Is cox plaing on opening another store.? in warwick or west warwick from what i herad the warwick mall may not re-open for a long time i was hearing on the raido On 630 Wpro From Someone who works At Warwick mall That Warwick Mall Might Not Be Able to open for 8 to 9 months . Iam Hopeing it's Sooner than 8 to 9 months But i guess we will Have to wait and see what Happens in any case warwick Mall Will Be Closed for a Long Time

Thank you
Matt
post #282 of 990 Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceWelkMH View Post

To EJW_Cox NE

With Warwick Mall Now closed Indefently what does cox Plan on doing about folks in warwick west warwick Etc. who want to change boxes or pay bills etc? Is cox plaing on opening another store.? in warwick or west warwick from what i herad the warwick mall may not re-open for a long time i was hearing on the raido On 630 Wpro From Someone who works At Warwick mall That Warwick Mall Might Not Be Able to open for 8 to 9 months . Iam Hopeing it's Sooner than 8 to 9 months But i guess we will Have to wait and see what Happens in any case warwick Mall Will Be Closed for a Long Time

Thank you
Matt

I am currently awaiting official word as to how we'll be addressing this. Just as the flood took Rhode Islanders by surprise, it also took us by surprise. But as I'm sure you can assume, addressing service issues that arose from the flood is our #1 priority right now. I will let you know as soon as I know. Good luck to everyone out there dealing with this.
post #283 of 990 Old 04-01-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:

how much for the channel any idea it should be with the money

Epix HD is $11.99. The online portion will launch later this year.
post #284 of 990 Old 04-01-2010, 01:51 PM

Sorry, one more thing. Cox will have exclusive rights to the Masters in 3D in Rhode Island. So anyone out there with a new 3D TV can tune to channel 784 and check it out. Details here.

We'll also be having several "viewing parties" where those without 3D TVs can stop by and try it out. While you're there, you can enter to win a 55" Samsung 3DTV and two pairs of glasses. Locations are here as well.
post #285 of 990 Old 04-02-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:

To EJW_Cox NE

With Warwick Mall Now closed Indefently what does cox Plan on doing about folks in warwick west warwick Etc. who want to change boxes or pay bills etc? Is cox plaing on opening another store.? in warwick or west warwick from what i herad the warwick mall may not re-open for a long time i was hearing on the raido On 630 Wpro From Someone who works At Warwick mall That Warwick Mall Might Not Be Able to open for 8 to 9 months . Iam Hopeing it's Sooner than 8 to 9 months But i guess we will Have to wait and see what Happens in any case warwick Mall Will Be Closed for a Long Time.

Customers who regularly do business at the Warwick location are being redirected to our other retail locations throughout the state:

- Lincoln: 1320 Eddie Dowling Highway. M-F 8:30am-6pm, Sat 9am-3p
- Pawtucket: 670 Narragansett Park Drive. M-F 8:30am-6pm, Sat 9am-3p
- Providence: 50 Houghton Street. M-F 8:30am-6pm, Sat 9am-3pm
- South Kingstown: The Cox Digital Store, 35 South County Commons Way. M-F 9am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 12pm-5pm

The company expects to open a regional center in the West Bay over the next few weeks, and will notify customers when a location is open for business. The company does not support retail transactions at its administrative headquarters in West Warwick.
post #286 of 990 Old 04-02-2010, 08:58 AM

Liked: 11
^^^^ Good to know.

1303 DVD
91 Blu-Ray
My Collection

post #287 of 990 Old 04-02-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Customers who regularly do business at the Warwick location are being redirected to our other retail locations throughout the state:

- Lincoln: 1320 Eddie Dowling Highway. M-F 8:30am-6pm, Sat 9am-3p
- Pawtucket: 670 Narragansett Park Drive. M-F 8:30am-6pm, Sat 9am-3p
- Providence: 50 Houghton Street. M-F 8:30am-6pm, Sat 9am-3pm
- South Kingstown: The Cox Digital Store, 35 South County Commons Way. M-F 9am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 12pm-5pm

Did the Portsmouth location close?

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C. Clarke
post #288 of 990 Old 04-05-2010, 09:58 AM

Update: with the Warwick branch closed indefinitely, we will be moving to a location in Cranston:

"The company will open a new Retail Center in Cranston's Chapel View Lifestyle Center on Wednesday, April 7, 2010. The hours of operation will be M-F 8:30 am-6 pm, Sat 9 am-5 pm and Sun 12 pm-5 pm."
post #289 of 990 Old 04-05-2010, 10:15 AM

More info can be found here
post #290 of 990 Old 04-16-2010, 04:15 AM

CBS 12 WPRI - The reception through Cox has been poor for month's. I thought it may be that I have Cox basic cable but saw someone else's tv had the same poor reception. Anyone know what's up?
post #291 of 990 Old 04-16-2010, 05:34 PM

As I posted on Radio Info.

Quote:

It's probably not poor reception, but rather ingress. WNAC digital operates on VHF channel 12. If you have a bad cable connection or a leaky one, the DTV signal ingressing will make the cable channel look weak (in the analog days you'd see a herringbone on it, and the blanking bar show up) but with digital, the digital signal looks like noise on top of the analog. Try channel 13, do you see the same "weakness" there? If you do or it doesn't look "as weak", that is your problem right there.

We feed COX via a baseband signal , not over the air, so if it isn't that, it will be a Cox issue.

I have a COX analog drop here in the shop and it looks as good as analog cable can look. (it's clean and not noisy).
So I suspect it is ingress.

Your best bet is to call Cox and have a tech come look at the signal in your house to make sure it is not leaking. Cable leakage is a serious deal with the FCC, and COX can shut the cable drop off, if the leakage is exceeding the FCC limits until it is fixed.

--Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer

Put your boots on folks, it's getting pretty deep in here!
Note: opinions and advice given here are mine and mine only.
post #292 of 990 Old 04-17-2010, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Epix HD is $11.99. The online portion will launch later this year.

WOW wish i saw this earller tryed to watch a epic movie online
what the deal with this i got the channel and was told i be able toi watch it online? wish i know that i guess verizon has all the rights to that end of epix deal what quarter will the online launch also anything on tivio or muliti room
DVR or a dvr with a bigger hard drive yet or cell phones
post #293 of 990 Old 04-17-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmoderator View Post

CBS 12 WPRI - The reception through Cox has been poor for month's. I thought it may be that I have Cox basic cable but saw someone else's tv had the same poor reception. Anyone know what's up?

Strikeforce on CBS HD looks awesome on Fios right now!
I'll have to check the Cox feed at my parent's house tomorrow.
post #294 of 990 Old 04-23-2010, 09:51 AM

To EJW_CoxNE

Hello EJW_CoxNE I Understand that the cooking Channel is coming to cox do you have a Lauch date for the cooking Channel ? Also Could you Please Tell Me If Thire is Any new HD Channels That are Coming to cox? I was Also wondering If thire any update on a New Guide ? By the way Sir Do you Know if The cooking Channel Wll Be In HD as Well ? Im looking Foward to the Cooking Channel Coming to Cox Cable

Thank you Again and Have a great Day
Matt
post #295 of 990 Old 04-23-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:

WOW wish i saw this earller tryed to watch a epic movie online
what the deal with this i got the channel and was told i be able toi watch it online? wish i know that i guess verizon has all the rights to that end of epix deal what quarter will the online launch also anything on tivio or muliti room
DVR or a dvr with a bigger hard drive yet or cell phones

The online library of Epix movies will be available within a few weeks.
post #296 of 990 Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM

Are people still experiencing poor quality on WPRI?
post #297 of 990 Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:

I Understand that the cooking Channel is coming to cox do you have a Lauch date for the cooking Channel ? Also Could you Please Tell Me If Thire is Any new HD Channels That are Coming to cox? I was Also wondering If thire any update on a New Guide ? By the way Sir Do you Know if The cooking Channel Wll Be In HD as Well ? Im looking Foward to the Cooking Channel Coming to Cox Cable

Fine Living Network (FLN) is changing to the Cooking Channel on May 31. There is the possibility of some new HD soon, and I'll let you know when I have details.
post #298 of 990 Old 04-28-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Fine Living Network (FLN) is changing to the Cooking Channel on May 31. There is the possibility of some new HD soon, and I'll let you know when I have details.

anything on the weather channnel in hd or wgn hd
anything on TIVO yet? can not wait for EPIX on-line
thanks for that info
post #299 of 990 Old 05-04-2010, 09:45 AM

@EJW_CoxNE

I was in Baltimore this past weekend for the Sox games (let's not talk about that though....) and at one point while flipping through the TV channels in the hotel I came across HDNet. I'd never heard of it before, but it looked like they have some pretty good programming lineups. I was just wondering if you know of any plans to bring this network to the New England area; some quick Google searches appeared to show that Cox does carry it in other markets.

If this has been brought up before, I apologize. I've tried to keep up with this thread (and the previous one before this) but sometimes we all miss stuff. Also, if emails and requests to Cox would be the best way to initiate or accelerate plans to bring this to our market, please let me know, as I would be more than happy to spread the word!

Thanks!

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C. Clarke
post #300 of 990 Old 05-05-2010, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreese831 View Post

@EJW_CoxNE

I was in Baltimore this past weekend for the Sox games (let's not talk about that though....) and at one point while flipping through the TV channels in the hotel I came across HDNet. I'd never heard of it before, but it looked like they have some pretty good programming lineups. I was just wondering if you know of any plans to bring this network to the New England area; some quick Google searches appeared to show that Cox does carry it in other markets.

If this has been brought up before, I apologize. I've tried to keep up with this thread (and the previous one before this) but sometimes we all miss stuff. Also, if emails and requests to Cox would be the best way to initiate or accelerate plans to bring this to our market, please let me know, as I would be more than happy to spread the word!

Thanks!

Its I beleive VERIZON has the only rights to it and its a pay channel and cox wants HD to be free Epix has on-line viewing but verizon has all rights for that to although Epix is working with COX with that to bring that to US
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page