Providence, RI - Cox - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

EJW_CoxNE, may I ask where you got that info? Or rather how probable that info is? I also have been hearing whispers for..well almost two years now, of Tivo. They started with the upgrade from Aptiv. Then Comcast had problems with their roll out in the NE, so I thought Cox got scared off. Then I started hearing contrary, and much more solid, rumors about going with one of two groups they are choosing from for the guide. Can't remeber their names, but I think I heard about them on the CT forum. I will post when I dig them up.

EJW_CoxNE is a Cox New England Employee, he has taken over for Amy who used to be the "rep" here.
Ph8te is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-06-2009, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

Yes, I figured that. What I meant the dependability of the source. Are we talking a memo? Are are we talking someone mentioned it on a coffee break? I ask because it contradicts the info I have come across. I would rather EJW be right, but I wanted to compare notes so to speak.

I dont think he would divuldge his source of info, its just one of those things that if he posts it its mroe fact then fiction. Much like when Amy posted, she wouldnt give out sources, but she also wouldnt give out rumors. Unless your source is a verified insider I would take EJW's word more. This is just MHO though.
Ph8te is online now  
Old 11-06-2009, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

First this. In response to my previous post

http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/bit...gramming-guide

Second this. In response to Tivo (which I hope still holds true).

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post17464505

So Rovi, in conjunction with Bitstream's Font Fusion (I assume for HD 16:9 guide?) looks to be set up to be the new guide at the roll out of Multi DVR in Q1 of 2010? Not sure how Tivo ties in there, but I guess it could be a extra service? Maybe you don't get the Tivo function unless you pay for the extra Multi room DVR service?
But then multi DUI? Did not cox already have a problem with that when they tried to roll 6413 as HD only then brought them back refurbed to ask as DVR's? I would love to see Tivo, but not at the cost of dependability.

As for the first link, the font system will probably used with the new HD guide, the multi-room system AND the remote access system (Cell Phone, web). There are like 3 or 4 different systems I have seen so its anyones guess until it actually comes out.

From all that I have read the TiVo system is a different entity entirely. IT will server as a standalone option in the DVR choices. From waht I also know its still under testing(in New England I beleive) especially after the Comcast issues. Once testing gets finished and Cox feels comfortable with the data they ahve on it, I think we will see a release sometime in 2010.
Ph8te is online now  
Old 11-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
 
EJW_CoxNE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Honestly, I don't know that much about Tivo. I do know that it is getting much closer. As for multi-room DVR and remote scheduling - those are happening soon. As far as sources, I guess... me? Does that count? I'm asked to provide very little info until all details are in order, so if you hear it from me, it's true. I'll let you all know more as soon as I can. Trikein, do you work at Cox or something?

I don't know about hooking up an external drive yet. Personally, I'd like to see it as much as all of you, but we'll see.
EJW_CoxNE is offline  
Old 11-07-2009, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

Well I wasn't looking for your source, just the amount of confidence you have in the source in general. I think you answered my question; relatively confident. As for who I work for, I do not feel comfortable declaring that until I know the rules for stating such a thing. I sent you a message EJW, but here is good too. Is there some short of declaration process? Just don't want to start stepping on toes and getting fired.

From what I know about Tivo, I tend to agree. Makes sense to release it is as a extra service, but it would be unlike anything they have done before, so it has me curious. I guess I am trying to figure out the details of roll out before I am even sure of the major things. One thing I do hope they require is a dedicated receiver to have Tivo. Not something where you can call and "upgrade" your receiver to Tivo. That will be a mess.

AS far as decleration goes, never give out personal identifying information...You can say "I work for Cox" or something like that. I would not give out your actual name, rank, ect. EJW is "verified" by a former rep from Cox, so if you do work for them you probably could get verified though him. Other then that there is no real way to do it here.

As far as the roll out goes. Cox is very very quiet on the Tivo situation. Your not going to get much more information then what has been released publicly. I also agree that there will be a new box invloved as it will be totally new software platform. This is not something I think they can do over the phone as an upgrade. There is a lot involved with a release like that, where a lot of kinks have to be worked out before going public with that. Those that are in testing are most likely under a NDA so they wont be able to say anything even if they knew.
Ph8te is online now  
Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

OK, then, I do work for Cox. Technical support representative out of the West Warwick office for about three years now. I can confirm this in anyway anyone requires.

As for the Tivo situation, I agree and disagree. I hope, and believe, a new box will be required, but I think it could be done as a head end roll out. The reason I am afraid they will go this way is it offers a easy upsale for the Sale's representatives. I have hope however. I think they are going to wait for the DCX3416 and DCX3425. The 3416 will have the Tivo upgrade, while the 3425 will have the multi-room DVR. I am in no rush though. The more testing they do, the better it will be for customer and support representative alike.

I guess I should also mention here that very little of what I have said in any of these posts have been based on inside info. Most of it has been based on posts from these, and other AV forums. Also press releases, technical white sheets, and reports from trade shows. I just think there is so much accidental misinformation out there that I want to be part of the solution, not the problem. So, on that note, if I say anything you think is a line, or something you think I am making up, call me on it. I am here as much to learn then to preach.

You can always verify if you feel the need to thorugh EJW as he was verified via Amy. I dont think there is really a need to though.

As far as the TiVO goes, while they probably could do it via update over the lines, I highly doubt it as it introduces to many failure possibilites. IMO the most likely thing to happen is that they roll out TiVo with a new Box that has a higher capacity. By having a dedicated box they test harware compadibility on the one box that they will be using instead of the 3-4 that they currently have out. This IMO makes the most sense business\\ease of use wise. This new Box will also most likely have Tivo branding ;o).

Before TiVO though I think well see the multi-room DVR solution from Cox. This may also have a box with increased disk space, but onnly time will tell.

TiVo has been in testing since last year, IMO Cox might have been ready to release it, until the new of all the problems COmcast was having came out. This probably made Cox push the date so that they could work out the kinks to the system. Hopefully it will be fairly stable when they do release it, obviously there will be inital issues, but they should be limited.

I am in no rush either, as Id rather have a well tested system, rather then the latest and greatest without proper beta tests.

RIght now I think most people are looking for more space and more HD channels. While the Multi-room DVR and TiVO are nice, IMO people will get more excited about the Channels and expanded recording ability.
Ph8te is online now  
Old 11-12-2009, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Triken, just a word of warning, we jsut need to be very very very careful on how far off topic we go here. Usually detailed discussions of hardware are not allowed. So to those looking for the latest HD announcements I apologize......

As far as your question goes, I think there is a forum here that discusses the hardware and that would probably yeild more answers then I could give......

OK back on topic.....Looks like Cox is goign through another round of adding channels in other areas, hopefully well get them soon as well. Of course the ones added dont really interest me, but I still ahve hope that Cox will be able to close the deal on the HDNets, which would be a nice change of pace....
Ph8te is online now  
Old 11-12-2009, 05:57 AM
Member
 
Surferdude2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Triken, just a word of warning, we jsut need to be very very very careful on how far off topic we go here. Usually detailed discussions of hardware are not allowed. So to those looking for the latest HD announcements I apologize......

As far as your question goes, I think there is a forum here that discusses the hardware and that would probably yeild more answers then I could give......

OK back on topic.....Looks like Cox is goign through another round of adding channels in other areas, hopefully well get them soon as well. Of course the ones added dont really interest me, but I still ahve hope that Cox will be able to close the deal on the HDNets, which would be a nice change of pace....

Hey guys just my $.02 but I am interested in finding out about all things related to HD service for Cox including upcoming hardware (I am constantly running out of hard drive space) and even more importantly the Software that runs on it as well as HD. Frankly the passport interface on the current round of boxes leave much to be desired and is one of my main disappointments with Cox. They have been doing a nice job of adding HD channels (though sure we could always use more, HDnets would be nice and how about all the secondary Premiums in HD?)

So I didn't know there were restrictions on discussing hardware specifically related to what Cox currently offers and may offer in the future. Right now it's one of the things I am most excited about. If there are restrictions, so be it.

Also, many thanks to those who supply us with upcoming info and work hard to deliver us service from Cox.
Surferdude2000 is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ricomputerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

Well I wasn't looking for your source, just the amount of confidence you have in the source in general. I think you answered my question; relatively confident. As for who I work for, I do not feel comfortable declaring that until I know the rules for stating such a thing. I sent you a message EJW, but here is good too. Is there some short of declaration process? Just don't want to start stepping on toes and getting fired.

From what I know about Tivo, I tend to agree. Makes sense to release it is as a extra service, but it would be unlike anything they have done before, so it has me curious. I guess I am trying to figure out the details of roll out before I am even sure of the major things. One thing I do hope they require is a dedicated receiver to have Tivo. Not something where you can call and "upgrade" your receiver to Tivo. That will be a mess.

so is tivo coming or what sorry to step on Trikein or EJW and is there a new dvr with 250 mb harddrive? I called cox say's no
ricomputerguy is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
EJW_CoxNE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tivo is still on it's way. Right now there are some discussions regarding marketing taking place at the national level. Quite honestly, I'd say it has taken somewhat of a backseat to the changes and enhancements to Cox's own DVR. I know there are a lot of Tivo fans out there, so I can tell you that it is still coming.
EJW_CoxNE is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
EJW_CoxNE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also, FYI, NBC On DEMAND is now available in HD. And I'm 99% sure they'll be adding SNL once the new episode airs on Saturday. The content is similar to the SD section.
EJW_CoxNE is offline  
Old 11-14-2009, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

Hmm, well I was discussing HD recievers, and I thought this was a forum on all things Cox relating to HD. Looking at the topic now, I see its deals specifically with Info and reception, so my apologies. As a side note, that post did have a mention of the DCX3400, which was put into circulation this Monday. For those interested, it has twice the onboard memory and flash as previous models and a option to order them with 250GB harddrives.

As for a new GUI for the receivers, I believe there's alot of work being done on that as we speak. EJW would be able to comment more on that then I could. HD channels are always being added as well as you know, and I thought secondary HD Premium channels were added recently, but I will have to double check tat. Also, since Cox just finished the last founds of cleaning up legacy support for analog receivers, I am sure Cox will have even more room to add content.

One final note, anyone know of any specific topics that deal with Equipment of the Cox NE market? I didn't see any. Perhaps I will make one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferdude2000 View Post

Hey guys just my $.02 but I am interested in finding out about all things related to HD service for Cox including upcoming hardware (I am constantly running out of hard drive space) and even more importantly the Software that runs on it as well as HD. Frankly the passport interface on the current round of boxes leave much to be desired and is one of my main disappointments with Cox. They have been doing a nice job of adding HD channels (though sure we could always use more, HDnets would be nice and how about all the secondary Premiums in HD?)

So I didn't know there were restrictions on discussing hardware specifically related to what Cox currently offers and may offer in the future. Right now it's one of the things I am most excited about. If there are restrictions, so be it.

Also, many thanks to those who supply us with upcoming info and work hard to deliver us service from Cox.

While there is no probalem discussing hardware, you dont want to get too deep into the conversation ;o). This was one of the reasons we now have two HD threads for the Providence Market. There arent restrictions per say, but usually these threads are dedicated to the channels and HD service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

Sorry If I am stealing your thunder EJW, but I was up and since the press date was today, thought I would put the good news out there.

New HD Channels as of December 16th!


BBC America HD 732
History International HD 743
Investigation Discovery HD 754
G4 HD 756
Fuse HD 757
WE HD 766
Disney XD HD 773
IFC HD 778
ESPNU HD 780
ESPN News HD 781
Starz Edge HD 794

PS. Sorry for the horrible format, but after a half a hour, I gave up on trying to get the wraps tags to work. If anyone else can get it to look better, please do and I will delete mine. Thanks

Loosk good here, channels pretty much look like what the other markets are getting as well which is good. Nothing really for me, but ah well.

There is no hardware for the NE or any other area really, I beleive there is a hardware specific forum that discusses boxes, but that is just general talk. As I said, I ahve no problem talking hardware, I jsut dont want to get the thread filled with hardware, when someone is looking for channel information. Hopefully this makes sense.
Ph8te is online now  
Old 11-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Member
 
jakemgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

BBC America HD 732
History International HD 743
Investigation Discovery HD 754
G4 HD 756
Fuse HD 757
WE HD 766
Disney XD HD 773
IFC HD 778
ESPNU HD 780
ESPN News HD 781
Starz Edge HD 794

Nice find! Looking forward to having at least of those.

Hope we get some guide news soon. Not so into TiVo, but they really need an HD optimized guide.
jakemgold is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Member
 
yesterdaysdanish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anyone receiving TV Guide On Screen data? I'm on Cox cable with a cablecard and I haven't received data for a long time.
yesterdaysdanish is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterdaysdanish View Post

Is anyone receiving TV Guide On Screen data? I'm on Cox cable with a cablecard and I haven't received data for a long time.

I know I am via my TVs tuner....Have you tired going through the set up again to grab the signal again?
Ph8te is online now  
Old 11-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
Joe3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

Sorry If I am stealing your thunder EJW, but I was up and since the press date was today, thought I would put the good news out there.

New HD Channels as of December 16th!


BBC America HD 732
History International HD 743
Investigation Discovery HD 754
G4 HD 756
Fuse HD 757
WE HD 766
Disney XD HD 773
IFC HD 778
ESPNU HD 780
ESPN News HD 781
Starz Edge HD 794

Most of these channels are the reason I support the a consumers right to choose.
Joe3 is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ricomputerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how about WGN-HD or THE WEATHER CHANNEL
ricomputerguy is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Member
 
yesterdaysdanish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I know I am via my TVs tuner....Have you tired going through the set up again to grab the signal again?

Yeah I set the zip code in setup to all zeros and tried again. Still nothing. My guide used to work when I hooked up analog cable along with digital cable. Ever since the transition over to digital my guide hasn't worked.

I don't have a DVR or even a STB. Wondering if my cablecard is stripping out the signal for TVGOS or something.

Does anyone have the host channel? Maybe I can try forcing the host channel to see if that works.
yesterdaysdanish is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterdaysdanish View Post

Yeah I set the zip code in setup to all zeros and tried again. Still nothing. My guide used to work when I hooked up analog cable along with digital cable. Ever since the transition over to digital my guide hasn't worked.

I don't have a DVR or even a STB. Wondering if my cablecard is stripping out the signal for TVGOS or something.

Does anyone have the host channel? Maybe I can try forcing the host channel to see if that works.

I cant remember off the top of my head but it was posted in the other HDTV Providence thread a few months back....I know with the switch to digital there were a few people that had lost the signal, but I think either Cox or the Host channel fixed something and they started to get the schedules back. Takea look in that thread and you should find your anwser.
Ph8te is online now  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Member
 
yesterdaysdanish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I cant remember off the top of my head but it was posted in the other HDTV Providence thread a few months back....I know with the switch to digital there were a few people that had lost the signal, but I think either Cox or the Host channel fixed something and they started to get the schedules back. Takea look in that thread and you should find your anwser.

Thanks. Just dug through that other thread and found that the host channel is 95. I forced the host channel so I'll see if anything turns up.
yesterdaysdanish is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Member
 
yesterdaysdanish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

Wanted to throw a quick update out there about my problem. Turns out it was not related at all. Seems it has something to do with a glitch with the 6413. Swapped out for a 3416 and problem gone. At first I thought maybe a factory reset would have helped, but I asked around and others have had the exact problem. Sorry for false lead.

Don't be sorry any advice helps.

Well I woke up this morning with the guide still blank. I still don't have the time either so my tv isn't getting anything as far as TVGOS is concerned. I think I'm going to try pulling the cablecard overnight and see if that does anything.
yesterdaysdanish is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Senior Member
 
jreese831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: RI, USA
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomputerguy View Post

how about WGN-HD or THE WEATHER CHANNEL

How many times have people told us (and you specifically) that TWC-HD will be here once everything is ready and in place? I don't want to come across as a jerk, but you have repeatedly brought this up in both this thread and the old one, despite being told multiple times that it will happen when it happens. Filling up these threads with request after request for the same thing isn't going to benefit anyone. If you're not going to contribute useful commentary to the thread, perhaps you should refrain from posting.

Sorry for the rant, everyone; I just had to get that off my chest.

Thank you Trikein for that update on upcoming channels--I don't know how many I'll end up watching, but just knowing that Cox is continuing to provide us with more services is definitely worthwhile!

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C. Clarke
jreese831 is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ricomputerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
over at the cox ct they said TENNIS HD is coming
ricomputerguy is offline  
Old 11-17-2009, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,938
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreese831 View Post

How many times have people told us (and you specifically) that TWC-HD will be here once everything is ready and in place? I don't want to come across as a jerk, but you have repeatedly brought this up in both this thread and the old one, despite being told multiple times that it will happen when it happens. Filling up these threads with request after request for the same thing isn't going to benefit anyone. If you're not going to contribute useful commentary to the thread, perhaps you should refrain from posting.

Sorry for the rant, everyone; I just had to get that off my chest.

Thank you Trikein for that update on upcoming channels--I don't know how many I'll end up watching, but just knowing that Cox is continuing to provide us with more services is definitely worthwhile!

I always suggest that you add those that annoy you to the "ignore" list that way you can choose to either bypass thier posts or view them (if you want).

TWC HD will come when they update the local on the 8s to HD end of story. If you owuld like to know when that is heppeing I suggest you call or email them directly.

As for WGN HD, I wouldnt hold your breath. I would expect well see the HDnets before WGN .
Ph8te is online now  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
EJW_CoxNE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomputerguy View Post

over at the cox ct they said TENNIS HD is coming

NEW Channel launch (RI/CT/MA) on 12/19:

Tennis HD - 782

Launch Date: Saturday, Dec 19th

11 NEW Channel launch (RI/CT/MA) on 12/16:

Starz Edge HD - 794
WE HD - 766
IFC HD - 778
G4 HD - 756
History Intl HD - 743
ESPN U HD - 780
Disney XD HD - 773
ESPN News HD - 781
Fuse HD - 757
Investigation Disc HD - 754
BBC America HD - 732
EJW_CoxNE is offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Senior Member
 
EJW_CoxNE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ugghh..

Sorry to repost. YDD, I've forwarded your issue to one of our engineering teams . I'll try to get them to move on this ASAP.
EJW_CoxNE is offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Member
 
yesterdaysdanish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJW_CoxNE View Post

Ugghh..

Sorry to repost. YDD, I've forwarded your issue to one of our engineering teams . I'll try to get them to move on this ASAP.

Thanks! I really don't know what the issue is. It seems everyone else is getting TVGOS while I am not. Must be something on my end.
yesterdaysdanish is offline  
Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
jreese831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: RI, USA
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After reading through some of the CableCard threads in the HTPC forum, I'm starting to think about going down that road. However, when I looked at Cox's site for info on CableCards, they say something to the effect of "2-way TVs (the assumption being you will be using their CableCard in your TV) do not exist yet, so if you want IPG and VOD you need a STB." 2-way CableCards do exist, and the relevant PC hardware supports 2-way as well; with that in mind, does Cox offer 2-way capable CableCards, or are they waiting for the specification to become more widespread before upgrading?

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C. Clarke
jreese831 is offline  
Old 11-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
Joe3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJW_CoxNE View Post

NEW Channel launch (RI/CT/MA) on 12/19:

Tennis HD - 782

Launch Date: Saturday, Dec 19th

11 NEW Channel launch (RI/CT/MA) on 12/16:

Starz Edge HD - 794
WE HD - 766
IFC HD - 778
G4 HD - 756
History Intl HD - 743
ESPN U HD - 780
Disney XD HD - 773
ESPN News HD - 781
Fuse HD - 757
Investigation Disc HD - 754
BBC America HD - 732

Any word on TCM-HD.
Smithsonian-HD
MGM-HD
HDNet-Movies ???
Joe3 is offline  
Old 11-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Member
 
yesterdaysdanish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikein View Post

Editing this post after reading some of the other posts.

At first I thought it could be your TV settings, then read a bunch of posts. Then I thought it could be the broadcaster, then read a bunch more posts. Now I am leaning to a issue on the providers end. The odd thing is I am seeing postings about similar problems, different providers, different pieces of equipment, and different broadcast channels. My current hypothesis would be something to do with a change that happened with the DTV transition. That change was corrected, but maybe not saved to some sort of backup file so when they upgraded/repaired that system, it didn't come back on? Honestly though, I am ignorant of the details and I think EJW has it right sending it to a engineer. I will ask around at the office again, see if I can get any insight from the field.

Thanks a lot guys. Some really good customer support here.

I've tried pretty much everything I could think of trying to get TVGOS to work again. I've reset my TV back to factory settings. That didn't work. Also reset TVGOS a few times with no avail. I know us CableCARD users are, more than likely, few in number. So if Cox isn't rushing to fix this I understand. I've lived without a guide for a while so it's no big deal.

But it would be really sweet to have it back.
yesterdaysdanish is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off