Providence, RI - Cox - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 990 Old 03-01-2012, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so when cox raises their prices (again) ..because of course we are the ones that suffer when ch 12 wants to charge top dollar for their crummy stations ..will people be outpouring their support to 12 like they supposedly did this week ...i love to know who emailed and contacted ch 12 in support as the station claimed...oh yes ch 12 your trying to overcharge cox we support you even though our bill will end up higher..i was hoping with 12 and 11 off the cable system we would get ch 4 and 25 in boston
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 990 Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxi View Post

i was hoping with 12 and 11 off the cable system we would get ch 4 and 25 in boston

Cox would never put those channels on cable here because they don't have an agreement to carry them in the Providence market.

You can get channel 4 and channel 25(plus all the rest) from Boston if you use an antenna. Depending where you are you might have to put something up outside though.
post #903 of 990 Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Liked: 11
Is anybody else here using a Tuning Adapter with a CableCard device (TiVo, InfiniTV, etc)? Mine has been locking up every couple hours lately, requiring a power cycle to fix. This is rather inconvenient, as I'm unable to watch or record anything. It's also a bit frustrating because there is absolutely no indication on the device itself that something isn't right.

I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue, or of perhaps I've just got a bad unit and need to exchange it.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C. Clarke
post #904 of 990 Old 03-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreese831 View Post

Is anybody else here using a Tuning Adapter with a CableCard device (TiVo, InfiniTV, etc)? Mine has been locking up every couple hours lately, requiring a power cycle to fix. This is rather inconvenient, as I'm unable to watch or record anything. It's also a bit frustrating because there is absolutely no indication on the device itself that something isn't right.

I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue, or of perhaps I've just got a bad unit and need to exchange it.

If you can, drop cox and move to Verizon FIOS.
post #905 of 990 Old 03-09-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3 View Post

If you can, drop cox and move to Verizon FIOS.

That's not really a very helpful answer.....and at any rate I don't believe FiOS is available where I live.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C. Clarke
post #906 of 990 Old 03-10-2012, 04:26 AM

I'm using an M-Card with my TiVo and haven't had an issue -it's been about 3 months. Although it took 3 cards to get it up and running -so issues are inherent.
post #907 of 990 Old 03-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN818 View Post

I'm using an M-Card with my TiVo and haven't had an issue -it's been about 3 months. Although it took 3 cards to get it up and running -so issues are inherent.

I too have been using a M-Card and a Tivo. I have had no issues. First cable card worked. And the only issue I ever had was after I got the turning adapter, it required a hit when SDV went live 3 months later. But has been working fine since.
post #908 of 990 Old 03-10-2012, 01:34 PM

From what I can tell, my issue lies with the Tuning Adapter. Since you guys seem to be reporting no issues I'll assume mine is just faulty and get an exchange. Hopefully that will take care of my problem.

Glad I haven't gotten rid of my DVR just yet!

post #909 of 990 Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Did Cox give this area truTV in HD last year temporarily for the NCAA tournament? Incredibly annoying that out of 100ish HD channels, one of the ones for the tournament isn't in HD!
post #910 of 990 Old 03-13-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

Did Cox give this area truTV in HD last year temporarily for the NCAA tournament? Incredibly annoying that out of 100ish HD channels, one of the ones for the tournament isn't in HD!

Yes they did, it came online a few days before the Tournament and went off line a week after.

I can't see why they wouldn't do it again? In fact, I have it right now on 1057 in HD
post #911 of 990 Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Yea got home and found it was added today, it wasn't there this AM. Great news.
post #912 of 990 Old 04-18-2012, 05:53 AM

Ok, so last week I got an offer for HBO and Cinemax free for 3 months, and half price for 3 more.

I took advantage of it and all channels were coming in fine on my tivo premiere.

This morning, I only have HBO, HBO2, Cinemax and moreMax. All the other versions such as HBO Signature, Family, HBO 1 and 2 West and all the other cinemax channels say not authorized where they were working before.

I just had them send a HIT through the only technical support chat, but same thing. They want me to schedule a truck roll for the issue. I don't think that is necessary.

I'm running out of time to trouble shoot the issue this morning, I have to leave soon to be into work for 10. Anyone have any idea's on what the issue might be or what I should try next?

Thanks
post #913 of 990 Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post

Ok, so last week I got an offer for HBO and Cinemax free for 3 months, and half price for 3 more.

I took advantage of it and all channels were coming in fine on my tivo premiere.

This morning, I only have HBO, HBO2, Cinemax and moreMax. All the other versions such as HBO Signature, Family, HBO 1 and 2 West and all the other cinemax channels say not authorized where they were working before.

I just had them send a HIT through the only technical support chat, but same thing. They want me to schedule a truck roll for the issue. I don't think that is necessary.

I'm running out of time to trouble shoot the issue this morning, I have to leave soon to be into work for 10. Anyone have any idea's on what the issue might be or what I should try next?

Thanks

I went from Cox to Verizon FIOS and my TiVos have never been happier. So if you have a TiVo that is the way to go. If not its all irritation and stress by minimal wage workers who are not worth even that amount of pay.
post #914 of 990 Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Does anyone know what 2608 feature channal 1 is
2646 triood and 2648 triood both say on demand whats the feature channel 1 for
post #915 of 990 Old 05-02-2012, 04:28 PM

no idea, my guess is it will be some kind of short cut to a area of the on demand menul
post #916 of 990 Old 05-02-2012, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomputerguy View Post

Does anyone know what 2608 feature channal 1 is
2646 triood and 2648 triood both say on demand whats the feature channel 1 for

in the omaha market they show movies on the feature channels don't have triood might have somethng to do withe the whole home dvr snce that Ipg is named trio.
post #917 of 990 Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Whole Home DVR updated
what were the updates for anyone know
post #918 of 990 Old 05-22-2012, 11:43 AM

is anyone having a problem of some high def channels stopping (for like a second) pixelating then going back to normal???
post #919 of 990 Old 05-22-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:

is anyone having a problem of some high def channels stopping (for like a second) pixelating then going back to normal???

Happens all the time when they splice back to the network from the local inserted break. Its great because half the time, when this pixelization happens, it hangs up the DVR when scanning through the break.

What is new, are these digital audio hits that seem to be happening frequently on TBS, Fox News Channel.

--Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer

Put your boots on folks, it's getting pretty deep in here!
Note: opinions and advice given here are mine and mine only.
post #920 of 990 Old 05-23-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1KNE View Post

Happens all the time when they splice back to the network from the local inserted break. Its great because half the time, when this pixelization happens, it hangs up the DVR when scanning through the break.

What is new, are these digital audio hits that seem to be happening frequently on TBS, Fox News Channel.

I think you're referring to something else; I've experienced what he's talking about, and it generally happens during the show itself. I can't remember which channels I've seen it on, but I'll try to pay more attention from now on.

The issue you're describing seems to be more like when some of the networks (looking at you, FX) still have SD commercials and the DVR has trouble dealing with the switch between HD and SD. I notice that mostly when fast-forwarding through the commercials.

post #921 of 990 Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I actually noticed several last night on Discovery and Nat Geo.

The worst is MYRITV(ch 1015). Every night like clockwork around 6:45 during Seinfeld. It's not my DVR, it's not the show, it's the station feed. Funny enough over OTA it's in SD, so they must have some kind of land-based link direct to Cox's headend.

Also I noticed now it's WJAR's turn to try and manipulate viewers into blaming Cox for not agreeing to their demands... ugh. Get ready for a week of non-stop crawlers and commercials telling you to call Cox blah blah blah.
post #922 of 990 Old 05-23-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

I actually noticed several last night on Discovery and Nat Geo.

The worst is MYRITV(ch 1015). Every night like clockwork around 6:45 during Seinfeld. It's not my DVR, it's not the show, it's the station feed. Funny enough over OTA it's in SD, so they must have some kind of land-based link direct to Cox's headend.

Also I noticed now it's WJAR's turn to try and manipulate viewers into blaming Cox for not agreeing to their demands... ugh. Get ready for a week of non-stop crawlers and commercials telling you to call Cox blah blah blah.

sometimes MYRITV isn't even on its just a blank screen use to happen on trutv but that seems ok now and msnbc (but i could care less about that channel lol)
post #923 of 990 Old 05-23-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreese831 View Post

I think you're referring to something else; I've experienced what he's talking about, and it generally happens during the show itself. I can't remember which channels I've seen it on, but I'll try to pay more attention from now on.

The issue you're describing seems to be more like when some of the networks (looking at you, FX) still have SD commercials and the DVR has trouble dealing with the switch between HD and SD. I notice that mostly when fast-forwarding through the commercials.

Correct. A problem that doesn't exist elsewhere (i.e. on Comcast).

The audio hits are a separate issue on Cox. I've seen (heard) this at other houses than my own too.

--Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer

Put your boots on folks, it's getting pretty deep in here!
Note: opinions and advice given here are mine and mine only.
post #924 of 990 Old 05-28-2012, 10:53 AM

Is anybody else having major pixelation problems on Spike HD (1026)? Or any other channel for that matter? It's happening on both our boxes at work but I don't know if it's an issue with our feed or something more widespread. Thanks!

post #925 of 990 Old 05-28-2012, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone seen this?

http://www2.turnto10.com/online/dont_drop_wjar/

Xbox Live: gt1racerlHDl
post #926 of 990 Old 05-28-2012, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

don't let them lie it's not cox dropping them it's the local station wanting more money from cox to carry the signal.
post #927 of 990 Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

WJAR is certainly taking a harder approach than WPRI did a couple months ago, and trying to tell consumers that Cox WILL drop the channel and as usual it's all the cable provider's fault. WPRI seemed to go more along the lines of "if we don't reach an agreement by xxx date..." WJAR's owner, Media General is just as much at fault as Cox is.

Please comment on WJAR's facebook page with how they are lying and trying to extort viewers just as much as they are Cox and get some educated comments in rather than the usual garbage "don't drop chanel 10 cox sux"

Also it's Media General's fault, not so much the people in charge at WJAR, they just take their orders from the station owner/their bosses at MG.
post #928 of 990 Old 05-30-2012, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

WHATS up with this
I need to pay 5.00 to get the Hallmark Movie Channel who talk about calling the Kettle Black cox is doing to us what channel 10 is doing to them wow the day i pay 5.00 for hallmark movie network is the day i pay 30 dollars extra a month to keep WJAR cox now bend over and stick hallmark movie network up your ass
post #929 of 990 Old 05-30-2012, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomputerguy View Post

WHATS up with this
I need to pay 5.00 to get the Hallmark Movie Channel who talk about calling the Kettle Black cox is doing to us what channel 10 is doing to them wow the day i pay 5.00 for hallmark movie network is the day i pay 30 dollars extra a month to keep WJAR cox now bend over and stick hallmark movie network up your ass

don't you get other channels besides Hallmark Movie Channel for that $5?
post #930 of 990 Old 05-30-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post

don't you get other channels besides Hallmark Movie Channel for that $5?

yes but the other channels i would not watch let me retract a little yes you do am not a movie channel fan the only channel i watch would be hallmark and lifetime movie which are not movie channels. movie channels are in my eyes hbo cinamax ect lifetime movie has ads along with hallmark movie if they were no ads i would be willing to pay am not paying 5 dallars for channls that run tv ads maybe am nuts but thats my two cents
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page