I kinda miss the good old days.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2002, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
when basically the only thing out there was the RCA DTC-100. The hope, the rumors, the belief that any month all these new receivers were going to come out and be totally superior to the DTC. Meanwhile all the hackers managed to make their systems work with modified retrace timings etc...

and of course the funniest of all, tons of people waiting and waiting, some up to a year and a half for a new model to appear and make their life wonderful! complaining the whole time about bumped release dates...

Ahhh those were the days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2002, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well keep heart...the DTC-100 is one of only two HD STB that have not been discoed...says something doesnt it?
Old 02-18-2002, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
yeah it was fun back then.

all queries were answered, people were polite.

i'm trying to kick the habit.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:36 PM

Liked: 10
I know I bought my 6000 shortly after the 8svb module was out for it. What's the point in waiting a year ... or whatever.. just buy it now.. be happy if something comes out better sell your old one and buy a new one.. SO what if you lose a couple hundred dollars.. $200 over a year.. so less tehn $20 a month.. big deal.. I enjoyed that year more then anyone else with that old outdated non-digital piccture..

Only loss I really hated was my television, I bought my Panasonic CT32XF56 only does 480p.. right when came out of back order status everywhere.. then couple months later they came out with teh 32HX40.. 1080i.. for about the same price so that was a bit depressing but what the hell I like my television..

And research on television in price range i was willing to pay.. on setting up a UHF antenna and so on was alot of fun.. Wanted some of that fun again.. so redoing my antenna setup to try to get better signal quality.. and San Diego.