I finally got my HDtv and guess what it was dropped! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2002, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally buy my panasonic 34 wide hdtv and me and my friend are carrying it and my friend as were putting it down about 5 inches from the floors. Guess what he does he dropped it on the floor and the glass part of the tv slammed on the rug and i freaked out. When we checked it out nothing was cracked and its working fine. Should i have a tech come and check it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2002, 09:45 AM

you should get your friend thoroughly checked out and maybe change him, just to be sure

Mike

:)
Old 02-20-2002, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Might well be a good idea to bite the bullet and have a factory certified tech come and look at it ( on your dime I am afraid ) the manufacture could choose not to honor the warranty based on mishandling or abuse clauses of warranty terms unless a factory tech give his blessing the set was undamaged.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Not sure what instrument you play by ear;

So I heard hidef sets were comming down.--hmmm.

OK; If the set plays fine; If there is no visable damage-- Dropped?-- You gotta be kidding me ! ! /is what you say period.It could have been treated harshly in transit. Geo
Old 02-20-2002, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I have an extended warranty it was dropped like 6 inches from the ground and it landed on rug it was a hard impact it was smooth but it tipped over to the front of the screen and landed right on the glass screen. The only thing that happened was a slight half inch scatch on the top right corner which is barely visible! I called the place where i got it today and told them that the set was doing alot of red push and that it came with a slight scratch on the lens he said he would check it out! They have no way of finding out if i dropped it for all they know it could of been mishandled while it was being put in the box by the manufactere either way if he finds somthing thats wrong i will demand a replacement i do have a 3 year extended warranty with this company that offer full replacements if anything is wrong but as of now the tv is looking fantastic hd looks awesome but one thing some sattelite channels like espn and some local channels through direct tv look pretty bad out of focus crappy picture and yes i have both a component and s video connected is this normal!
Old 02-22-2002, 02:58 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddy13
I called the place where i got it today and told them that the set was doing alot of red push and that it came with a slight scratch on the lens he said he would check it out! They have no way of finding out if i dropped it for all they know it could of been mishandled while it was being put in the box by the manufactere either way if he finds somthing thats wrong i will demand a replacement
Sorry Eddy, but that's really low. Stand up and take a little responsibility! If something's wrong with the TV, your homeowner's insurance should cover the repairs. Frankly, If you make the store replace the set because of the scratch "it came with," or damage from the drop, that's really dishonest. :(

Movies look their best when they look like movies. More Patton-esque remasters!

Old 02-22-2002, 08:41 PM

So where did you bury your friend?:D

~spectr17
Old 02-24-2002, 02:12 PM

This might sound bad, but if it is a large chain like sears.. or something like that I would not feel bad at all doing that to them. They'll contact the manufacturer get it replaced for free.. replace it for you for free.. no one is really out.. maybe a lil'time on both parts but.. if it is a smaller shop.. where they have treated you well then I would say be honest..

But a 6 inch drop on carpet most likely there is no damage.. and will work fine for years to come.