HD reception - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-26-2002, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
:confused: New to this hd tv; hooked up the Mits 500 last night, received beautiful broadcasts on 3 major, 2 local channels; tonight, only CBS received, although at least one other national network had HD programming broadcast. Is reception always hit or miss? Weather related? (had a light snowfall between viewings) or equipment? Located in Chicago, IL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-26-2002, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
WE don't have enough info to go on. Where are you located? what type of antenna are you using? Generally, if you're in a metro area you should get consistent reception of all the channels, though there have been reports of buildings blocking the signal for some. If you are more rural you have to deal with and outdoor antenna and perhaps a pre-amp. I'm about 60 miles from Detroit and get 2 of the 6 HD channels consistently, and 3 of the remaining 4 occasionally. I'm installing a dedicated high gain UHF antenna and high gain pre-amp to solve the spotty reception problem. For me, regardless of the work, it's well worth it. The HD quality is great!
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page