Harrisburg, PA - HDTV - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 969 Old 01-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Member
 
mctwin2kman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just ordered E* HD and was wondering if locals are in HD yet in the market. If not I am wondering why at least Fox 43 is not since the E* receive site is on there property outside the main studio! LOL! I used to be an Engineer there and know for a fact that they feed there audio and video directly into the E* shack.
mctwin2kman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 969 Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
akron05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK - put on your brainstorming hats:

I have a home in southern York County. I have 5 digital TV's throughout the house and also two radios I wish to have hooked into the system. House is about 3900 square feet. I haven't yet used it but there is an antenna, not sure the size but it's a typical UHF/VHF combo, on the tower, which is a 45 foot tower about 40 feet from the house.

First question: How much of a preamp will I need to have that much cable length and also the large number of televisions?

Second: Would I be able to get away with having two antennas in opposite directions to pick up Harrisburg/York/Lancaster along with Baltimore stations? Between my mother-in-law, who is from Baltimore, and the rest of my family, who would prefer to watch our own DMA, a rotor is about impossible, then considering the DVR/TIVO issues it gets even worse!

Or - am I at the right distance to be able to use the right antenna that is somewhat bi-directional and luck out picking up a few stations "off the back" of the antenna and just point it one way? I am assuming replacing the antenna might be the best course of action.
akron05 is offline  
post #363 of 969 Old 01-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Member
 
derwin0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Seven Valleys, PA
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctwin2kman View Post

Just ordered E* HD and was wondering if locals are in HD yet in the market. If not I am wondering why at least Fox 43 is not since the E* receive site is on there property outside the main studio! LOL! I used to be an Engineer there and know for a fact that they feed there audio and video directly into the E* shack.

No, the only people in the Harrisburg market that get locals in HD are in Franklin County where they get both Harrisburg & Washington locals that include the Washington ones in HD.
derwin0 is offline  
post #364 of 969 Old 01-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Member
 
derwin0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Seven Valleys, PA
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by akron05 View Post

Second: Would I be able to get away with having two antennas in opposite directions to pick up Harrisburg/York/Lancaster along with Baltimore stations? Between my mother-in-law, who is from Baltimore, and the rest of my family, who would prefer to watch our own DMA, a rotor is about impossible, then considering the DVR/TIVO issues it gets even worse!

Or - am I at the right distance to be able to use the right antenna that is somewhat bi-directional and luck out picking up a few stations "off the back" of the antenna and just point it one way? I am assuming replacing the antenna might be the best course of action.

I'm in Seven Valleys, and can pretty much pick up all of Baltimore and Harrisburg UHF stations with a 4228 pointed to Baltimore. I also have a 3671 for VHF pointed to Harrisburg for WHP & WHTM (only 2 in both markets that are on VHF for digital).

So your best course is a 4228 for UHF pointed to Baltimore (it'll easily pick up Harrisburg UHF off the backend), and almost anything for VHF pointed to Harrisburg for WHP & WHTM. The 4882 might get WHTM as it's High VHF (ch 10), but it won't touch WHP who is Lo VHF (ch 4)
derwin0 is offline  
post #365 of 969 Old 01-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Senior Member
 
akron05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by derwin0 View Post

I'm in Seven Valleys, and can pretty much pick up all of Baltimore and Harrisburg UHF stations with a 4228 pointed to Baltimore. I also have a 3671 for VHF pointed to Harrisburg for WHP & WHTM (only 2 in both markets that are on VHF for digital).

So your best course is a 4228 for UHF pointed to Baltimore (it'll easily pick up Harrisburg UHF off the backend), and almost anything for VHF pointed to Harrisburg for WHP & WHTM. The 4882 might get WHTM as it's High VHF (ch 10), but it won't touch WHP who is Lo VHF (ch 4)

Does WHP plan to stay on Channel 4, or will it switch back to 21 after Feb 09? What about WHTM? Isn't there a website that has that information somewhere?

Also - since I'm closer to Baltimore than Harrisburg would it possibly work better for me to go the opposite - and point towards H'Burg and get Baltimore off the back? You are more equidistant from either city, I'm a good 10 miles closer to Baltimore's towers than Harrisburg's towers according to Antennaweb.
akron05 is offline  
post #366 of 969 Old 01-16-2008, 07:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Trip in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA, US | Age: 25
Posts: 14,313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by akron05 View Post

Does WHP plan to stay on Channel 4, or will it switch back to 21 after Feb 09? What about WHTM?

21.

10.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

Trip in VA is offline  
post #367 of 969 Old 01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Senior Member
 
akron05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by derwin0 View Post

I'm in Seven Valleys, and can pretty much pick up all of Baltimore and Harrisburg UHF stations with a 4228 pointed to Baltimore. I also have a 3671 for VHF pointed to Harrisburg for WHP & WHTM (only 2 in both markets that are on VHF for digital).

So your best course is a 4228 for UHF pointed to Baltimore (it'll easily pick up Harrisburg UHF off the backend), and almost anything for VHF pointed to Harrisburg for WHP & WHTM. The 4882 might get WHTM as it's High VHF (ch 10), but it won't touch WHP who is Lo VHF (ch 4)

Does the DB8 do better than the 4228 off the back of the antenna?
akron05 is offline  
post #368 of 969 Old 01-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Member
 
derwin0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Seven Valleys, PA
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by akron05 View Post

Does the DB8 do better than the 4228 off the back of the antenna?

I think they're both about the same. Construction is pretty similar.
The 4228 is better at pulling in High VHF, as to where the DB8 is strictly UHF. But reception of the 2 for UHF is pretty much the same.
derwin0 is offline  
post #369 of 969 Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Member
 
derwin0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Seven Valleys, PA
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by akron05 View Post

Does WHP plan to stay on Channel 4, or will it switch back to 21 after Feb 09? What about WHTM? Isn't there a website that has that information somewhere?

Also - since I'm closer to Baltimore than Harrisburg would it possibly work better for me to go the opposite - and point towards H'Burg and get Baltimore off the back? You are more equidistant from either city, I'm a good 10 miles closer to Baltimore's towers than Harrisburg's towers according to Antennaweb.

WHP is moving back to 21. WHTM will stay on 10.

The following will be on VHF:
8 - WGAL Lancaster
10 - WHTM Harrisburg
11 - WBAL Baltimore
13 - WJZ Baltmore
The rest will be on UHF

I think the 4228 or DB8 will be good for both sets. And since for now the only VHF are in Harrisburg, might as well point north for VHF, as neither a 4228 or DB8 will touch WHP.
Just do trial and error for the UHF to see which direction is better for you.

I'm lucky as they are about 180 from each other where I'm at. As where someone in Delta would not be.
derwin0 is offline  
post #370 of 969 Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Member
 
fletchmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got an HD set, and hooked an indoor antenna up to it (I live on the other side of Hershey from Harrisburg). I am getting the HD signals from NBC, CW, and FOX just fine, but not even a glimmer of a signal from ABC or CBS (27.1 and 21.1, respectively). I can pick up the analog broadcasts of both networks.

I'm attaching my TV Fools report --- I'm new to interpreting the info there, but of course I'm trying to sort out whether I can reasonably expect to receive CBS and ABC signals with a better antenna.
LL
fletchmath is offline  
post #371 of 969 Old 01-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Member
 
shepler76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Central, Pa
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchmath View Post

I just got an HD set, and hooked an indoor antenna up to it (I live on the other side of Hershey from Harrisburg). I am getting the HD signals from NBC, CW, and FOX just fine, but not even a glimmer of a signal from ABC or CBS (27.1 and 21.1, respectively). I can pick up the analog broadcasts of both networks.

I'm attaching my TV Fools report --- I'm new to interpreting the info there, but of course I'm trying to sort out whether I can reasonably expect to receive CBS and ABC signals with a better antenna.

You won't get ABC or CBS with an indoor antenna unless you are like right near the towers. These channels, digital broadcast, is in the VHF range (4,10) and are really hard to pull in.
shepler76 is offline  
post #372 of 969 Old 01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Member
 
fletchmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepler76 View Post

You won't get ABC or CBS with an indoor antenna unless you are like right near the towers. These channels, digital broadcast, is in the VHF range (4,10) and are really hard to pull in.

I realize that now. What I am wondering is, if I mount an antenna on the roof, how likely am I to receive these channels?

Thanks,
Ken
fletchmath is offline  
post #373 of 969 Old 02-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Member
 
shepler76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Central, Pa
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchmath View Post

I realize that now. What I am wondering is, if I mount an antenna on the roof, how likely am I to receive these channels?

Thanks,
Ken

were are you located?
shepler76 is offline  
post #374 of 969 Old 02-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Member
 
fletchmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepler76 View Post

were are you located?

About 5 miles east of Hershey.
fletchmath is offline  
post #375 of 969 Old 02-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Member
 
shepler76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Central, Pa
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchmath View Post

About 5 miles east of Hershey.

Then you should be OK with an antenna on your roof. Just make sure that it does VHF and UHF.
shepler76 is offline  
post #376 of 969 Old 02-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Member
 
mctwin2kman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just found a long piece of co-ax and am able to pick up WPMT and WGAL and WGCB so I am happy with that for the Super Bowl. May go get an antennae but I do not watch to much CBS/ABC. I may have to e-mail Jim Myers at PMT and see when they are switching over since they run direct to the receive box.
mctwin2kman is offline  
post #377 of 969 Old 02-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Member
 
mctwin2kman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Talked to Jim Myers at WPMT this morning. He said they have the line fed down to the Hut but that Dish is dragging there feet and has no ETA. Plus he thinks the OTA will be better over the Sat feed due to Compression. Not sure how true that is, but they do feed back to Dish via Fiber but I am not sure how much bandwidth they use. He did say they are adding another Fiber but that they said it was for redundancy.

Also wants me to let him know when they finally do upgrade it.

So I will keep in touch with him on this and pass on any updates I get. He is my old Boss so we talk once in a while.
mctwin2kman is offline  
post #378 of 969 Old 02-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Member
 
fletchmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctwin2kman View Post

Talked to Jim Myers at WPMT this morning. He said they have the line fed down to the Hut but that Dish is dragging there feet and has no ETA. Plus he thinks the OTA will be better over the Sat feed due to Compression. Not sure how true that is, but they do feed back to Dish via Fiber but I am not sure how much bandwidth they use. He did say they are adding another Fiber but that they said it was for redundancy.

Also wants me to let him know when they finally do upgrade it.

So I will keep in touch with him on this and pass on any updates I get. He is my old Boss so we talk once in a while.

I'm not sure I notice a gigantic difference between the quality of OTA networks and the HD channels on E*. I'm sure it's there, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'd like OTA reception of as much as I can get, though, if for no other reason than I can then record three shows at once on my 722.

The super bowl looked fabulous via my radio shack mushroom; I get solid reception using it for the NBC, PBS, and CW broadcasts; Fox is spottier; it is usually fine but on occasion I lose the broadcast.

I guess I'll give a rooftop antenna a try, and see what happens. I can get LOS to the south and west, so with luck I will be able to grab these low-VHF broadcasts. I have my doubts, though, since I don't even get the faintest sniff from them with the mushroom.

Hmmmm. Would it be a decent test to take the mushroom up to the roof? I can buy a run of cable and give that a go before I buy a real outdoor antenna, if it would tell me anything.
fletchmath is offline  
post #379 of 969 Old 02-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Member
 
shepler76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Central, Pa
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchmath View Post

Hmmmm. Would it be a decent test to take the mushroom up to the roof? I can buy a run of cable and give that a go before I buy a real outdoor antenna, if it would tell me anything.

You could try but it is not designed to pull in long range broadcasts, thats why it is small and your outdoor ones are huge...
shepler76 is offline  
post #380 of 969 Old 02-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Newbie
 
jmettee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glen Rock, PA
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been having a recent issue with DirecTV local HD channels. At various times not related to weather conditions, local HDs are having serious signal problems. Sat signals seem good. I'm trying to figue out if the problem is specific to my dish/box or if others are having similar issues. First started seeing this problem this past weekend or the end of last week. From what I've found so far, it's a D* problem (not on my end).

Is there anyone else on D* seeing this in this area? I'm mainly seeing it on WGAL8 & WPMT43. Our backup, an indor OTA antenna works fine when the D* signal is bad.

J
jmettee is offline  
post #381 of 969 Old 02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Member
 
drkashner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seven Valleys, PA
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmettee View Post

I've been having a recent issue with DirecTV local HD channels. At various times not related to weather conditions, local HDs are having serious signal problems. Sat signals seem good. I'm trying to figue out if the problem is specific to my dish/box or if others are having similar issues. First started seeing this problem this past weekend or the end of last week. From what I've found so far, it's a D* problem (not on my end).

Is there anyone else on D* seeing this in this area? I'm mainly seeing it on WGAL8 & WPMT43. Our backup, an indor OTA antenna works fine when the D* signal is bad.

J

I've noticed some breakups on channel 8. Thats about the only local station we watch on DTV. We're used to watching Baltimore and Wash. stations OTA. It seems worse on the local news and sometimes there is a blip when changing scenes on NBC shows. I have the HR20-700 and thought maybe it was the DVR.

drkashner
drkashner is online now  
post #382 of 969 Old 02-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Newbie
 
jmettee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glen Rock, PA
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We have a non-DVR, the H20-100. It's not clear to me in your post. I assume you generally use D* for Harrisburg locals & your OTA for Baltimore....or OTA for everything?

J
jmettee is offline  
post #383 of 969 Old 02-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Member
 
drkashner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seven Valleys, PA
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmettee View Post

We have a non-DVR, the H20-100. It's not clear to me in your post. I assume you generally use D* for Harrisburg locals & your OTA for Baltimore....or OTA for everything?

J

OTA for everything. I can't get 27 or 33 OTA, so my antenna is pointed to Baltimore and Washington all the time. We hardly watch any Harrisburg locals, just Baltimore since I get all the networks from there. We watch the news on Channel 8 on DTV and I don't have to mess with rotating the antenna.

drkashner
drkashner is online now  
post #384 of 969 Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Member
 
fletchmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried an experiment today. Since RS has such a liberal return policy, I took a chance on their little 15-2187 antenna. I hooked it up inside first, and barely picked up PBS. I got nothing from any other channel; the RS mushroom does much better.

Okay, then, I took it to the roof, assuming the performance would improve. It did not -- I could only get a signal from one channel (PBS), and that was weaker than the signal picked up by the mushroom, which also locks on NBC, CW, and Fox.

WTF? I didn't expect miracles, but I sure didn't expect this! Does it seem likely that the antenna is defective, or is it just that bad of a design? I had read some positive things about it.

Taking it back tomorrow...

Ken
fletchmath is offline  
post #385 of 969 Old 02-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Member
 
ee1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

A relative who lives in Dillsburg just bought a Vizio LCD and asked for my help (I live in NC). As a first try, I had him borrow a Silver Sensor, point it to Harrisburg, and run a scan. He reported that that the TV found two digital channels but he gets only a blank screen when tuned to them. This persion is very very non technical so it is slow going. I did just check antennaweb and it looks like most of the Harrisburg digital stations are VHF. Any hope of OTA digital reception in Dillsburg? Is a rooftop antenna worth a try?

Thanks,


Well, it looks like no one is reading this thread anymore.
ee1993 is offline  
post #386 of 969 Old 02-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Member
 
fletchmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee1993 View Post

Hello,

A relative who lives in Dillsburg just bought a Vizio LCD and asked for my help (I live in NC). As a first try, I had him borrow a Silver Sensor, point it to Harrisburg, and run a scan. He reported that that the TV found two digital channels but he gets only a blank screen when tuned to them. This persion is very very non technical so it is slow going. I did just check antennaweb and it looks like most of the Harrisburg digital stations are VHF. Any hope of OTA digital reception in Dillsburg? Is a rooftop antenna worth a try?

Thanks,


Well, it looks like no one is reading this thread anymore.

I don't have anything useful to add, or I would have posted (I'm trying to sort this out, too).

I'd suggest you start by going to tvfools.com and typing in the address you're interested in.

For reference, I'm picking up NBC, FOX, PBS, and CW using an indoor OTA antenna. I can't get a peep from CBS or ABC (both VHF broadcasts). The NBC and Fox broadcasts occasionally cut out on me, but I hope that sticking the antenna on the roof will help end that.

I'm on the other side of Harrisburg from Dillsburg, and further away. I think you should have success with an indoor antenna. That's probably closer to York, too.
fletchmath is offline  
post #387 of 969 Old 03-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Member
 
jra166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
List of Harrisburg/Hershey Comcast QAM Channels. These are all the stations I pick up with only Basic Cable from Comcast with the QAM tuner in my HDTV. Maybe someone can post this on the first page?

8-1 WGAL-HD NBC HD
8-2 WGAL-WX NBC Weather
15-1 WLYH-HD CW15 HD
15-6 TWC Comcast Weather Channel
15-7 GOAC020 Advertising
16-1 WHTM ABC
16-2 WHP CBS
16-3 WGAL NBC
16-4 WITF PBS
16-5 WLYH CW15
16-6 WPMT FOX
16-7 WPHL Philidelphia 17
16-8 WGCB Christian Television
16-10 UNKNOWN
16-12 CN8 Comcast CN8
18-10 QVC QVC
21-1 WHP-HD CBS HD
21-2 WHP-MY WB
22-2 HISTORY History Channel
22-5 CMTV Country Music Television
27-1 WHTM-HD ABC HD
27-2 WHTM-DT (We) RTN, Retro Televison Network (Used to be ABC Weather)
33-3 WITF-HD PBS HD
43-1 WPMT-HD FOX HD
79-5 TCM Turner Classic Movies
79-7 FNC Fox News Channel
83-2 OnDemand Random
83-3 OnDemand Random
83-4 OnDemand Random
83-5 OnDemand Random
83-6 OnDemand Random
83-7 OnDemand Random
83-8 OnDemand Random
83-9 OnDemand Random
83-10 OnDemand Random
83-11 OnDemand Random
84-2 OnDemand Random
84-3 OnDemand Random
84-4 OnDemand Random
84-5 OnDemand Random
84-6 OnDemand Random
84-7 OnDemand Random
84-8 OnDemand Random
84-9 OnDemand Random
84-10 OnDemand Random
84-11 OnDemand Random
85-2 OnDemand Random
85-3 OnDemand Random
85-4 OnDemand Random
85-5 OnDemand Random
85-6 OnDemand Random
85-7 OnDemand Random
85-8 OnDemand Random
85-9 OnDemand Random
85-10 OnDemand Random
85-11 OnDemand Random
86-2 OnDemand Random
86-3 OnDemand Random
86-4 OnDemand Random
86-5 OnDemand Random
86-6 OnDemand Random
86-7 OnDemand Random
86-8 OnDemand Random
86-9 OnDemand Random
86-10 OnDemand Random
86-11 OnDemand Random
87-7 GAME8
88-21 70S
88-22 80S
88-23 ALT
88-24 BIGBAND
88-25 BLUEGR
88-26 BLUES
88-27 CLCNTRY
88-28 CLASRB
89-21 CLSRCK
89-22 ADALT
89-23 CTMPCH
89-24 DNCE
89-25 EASYLIS
89-26 RDISN
89-27 GOSPEL
89-28 HITLIST
89-29 SHWTUN
90-21 JAZZ
90-22 POPLAT
90-23 LTCLASS
90-24 METAL
90-25 RCKESP
90-26 MUSURB
90-27 AMERCAN
91-21 ARNHIT
91-22 ADALT
91-23 RBHIP
91-24 RAP
91-25 MCRGGAE
91-26 MCROCK
91-27 SNDSCP
91-28 TDCNTRY
91-29 SHWTUN
92-21 RETROA
92-22 OPERA
92-23 PARTY
93-21 STANDRD
93-22 SMJZZ
93-23 SMOOTH
93-24 SFTROCK
93-25 GOLDOLD
93-26 SEASON
93-27 SNDSCP
93-28 TDCNTRY
93-29 RBHIT
93-30 SHWCSE1
93-31 ELECTRN
102-7 PPVP
102-11 FSC
102-21 MC90S
jra166 is offline  
post #388 of 969 Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Newbie
 
dmendenjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First time poster, long time lurker...

I am starting to get ready to rid myself of comcast and decided to test the OTA waters today. So, I built one of the DIY hanger antennas and set it up in the attic. For the most part, I get the usual Harrisburg/Lancaster dma stations... except the very weak WHP-DT. There was also a few weird sub channels that came up. I think 36.2 (WITF-subchannel) has always been there, but the odd one was 23.12 (which would be a WLYH subchannel), has anyone heard if they are about to start multi-casting?
dmendenjr is offline  
post #389 of 969 Old 03-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Member
 
fletchmath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just thought I'd post an update. I (finally) put an antenna on my roof. It's the tiny RS indoor/outdoor model (15-2186). I put it on a 10' mast, and aimed it south, towards York and the NBC/FOX towers. I now pick those stations up with solid signals (with the antenna indoors, these stations cut out a lot). The PBS broadcast is still solid. So, a decent improvement without investing in a new antenna.

On the downside, I don't get either of the VHF broadcasts (ABC or CBS, channels 4 and 10), even with the antenna aimed directly at the tower. Now that I have the mast up and the cable run, I may experiment with some different antennas, just to see if I can grab something from the VHF broadcasts.
fletchmath is offline  
post #390 of 969 Old 03-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
KML-224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Britain, CT
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How did your analog reception do with the antenna up there?
KML-224 is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off