Portland, ME - HDTV - Page 168 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #5011 of 5013 Old 09-21-2015, 03:10 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WMTW translator

Originally Posted by KEVINL71 View Post
I haven't been here in a few months, so please bring me up to speed: Doesn't WMTW-TV (ABC) channel 8 have an in-town Portland translator on channel 26 or whatever?

Correct. WMTW has a translator on UHF channel 26. The antenna is on the Time and Temperature building in downtown Portland.
Sponsored Links
post #5012 of 5013 Old 09-21-2015, 03:48 AM
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thank you! Does this mean that somebody in, let's say, the Old Port, might receive WMTW-TV twice? On both channel 8 AND 26? Or...would their receiver only retain the stronger of the two signals into memory?
post #5013 of 5013 Old Today, 05:57 AM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
antenna/amplifier help

Getting WCSH-6 not very easy where we are. We have a channel master CM-3018 60 mile range antenna roof-mounted approximately 30 ft up. Channel Master CM-3414 4-port distribution amplifier, and a Channel Master 7777 pre-amp mounted just below the antenna. We have always had an issue bringing in WCSH and I think it's because CBS, NBC, ABC towers all pretty much line up one behind the other in relation to our house with CBS being closest. We don't have an issue bringing in CBS or ABC with signal strength up around 100% and signal quality above 80% pretty consistently. NBC signal strength is also up around 100% but signal quality is extremely low to non-existent. Without the pre-amp signal strength on NBC goes down to 30-50% but quality goes up to about 15-30% but still get a lot of pixelation and outages.

Wondering if the 7777 pre-amp is too strong? Should we try the 7778 pre-amp or are there other suggestions? Or should we just resign ourselves to not getting our daily dose of our favorite local news personalities and NBC Nightly News.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radar-Digital.png
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	959618  
Sponsored Links
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception