Oh what the heck! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-10-2002, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm probably one of the few (or many) who has money to blow on A\\V equipment just to say I have it or feed a expensive hobby habit. My family is well-off and "myself" lets just say buying video, audio, or just A/V equipment in general is like eating to me its pretty easy. Upgrading my home theater is like sex (maybe not like sex) the more I do it the more I want. So what's the problem you might ask. Its seems the A\\V industry (Pimps) always have something new we need just to get a better picture or nicer sounds. While we (Johns) splurge more money on slight improvements (Playboy bunnies) over our current equipment (wives, girlfriends). Example: I have two Toshiba HD TV's in 4:3 & 16:9 flavors, one Sony 36 inch HD XBR set, and one Bad @** HD 16:9 pioneer Elite. So this should just do me fine wright? Wrong!....................Just earlier today I purchased the Mitsubishi DLP WD-65000 ($13,499). Is this a cry for help or am I just one of the many in this forum who are Hard-core A/V son's-of-bi***. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Hard-core gaming A/V son-of-bi***.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-10-2002, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Hard core? Kid, you're barely in the minors...

Once you've convinced Dad to drop a few $100K on a full-blown setup, complete with with stacked G90's fed by Faroudja's best -- then you can consider yourself hard-core.

You have a right to install OTA and dish antennas on property under your control.
See http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html
post #3 of 3 Old 03-11-2002, 06:51 AM

Sounds like you're on the low end of average (and quality?) Check out some of the theaters here for impressive systems.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page