188: ESPNU HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 Old 12-09-2010, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As 2010 comes to a close, Wave Broadband has actually lived up to their promise of adding new HD channels every single month. This year alone, Washington State has seen an increase of 23 new HD channels (so far), putting the total to over 60 HD channel choices. Few SD versions were added as well.

Here's what was added this year:

117: Ion HD
131: Golf Channel HD
132: Speed Channel HD
133: CNBC HD+
134: FOX News Channel HD
135: MSNBC HD
136: CNN HD
153: Comedy Central HD
154: Spike TV HD
155: CMT HD
156: VH-1 HD
160: Versus HD
164: E! HD
166: Nickelodeon HD
171: Hallmark Movie Channel HD
173: FX HD
179: ABC Family HD
180: FOX Business Network
181: Cartoon Network HD
187: NFL RedZone HD
188: ESPNU HD
189: MLB Network HD
418: MLB Network
419: NFL RedZone
749: Encore HD
post #33 of 51 Old 01-18-2011, 07:19 PM

Does anyone out there know whether Wave cable has a host channel for the TVGOS system? TVGOS = TV Guide On Screen - it's used on some TVs and a couple of DVR's for the program guide, setting the clock, and setting recordings. I recently moved to an area with Wave, and I'm trying to get my Sony DVR to work, but I can't find the TVGOS signal!

Thanks,

Art
post #34 of 51 Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Art,
At this time, I am unaware of the TVGOS system. Wave Broadband isn't quite a multi-million dollar cable system (much like Comcast or Time Warner), however they have made quite an upgrade in 2010 to adapt new technology into their cable system. Hopefully this could be considered either this or next year.

Sorry I couldn't be any more informative. If you have any questions on TVGOS, give them a call at (866) 928-3123.
post #35 of 51 Old 01-27-2011, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

On Tuesday morning (February 1st), the On Demand service will be disabled between Midnight & 8:00am for system upgrades. New features will be added once service is restored to all customers.
post #36 of 51 Old 02-10-2011, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Wave Broadband has started adding new HD channels to the lineup this year. As of this moment, AMC HD (151) is the only new addition. There will be much more added very soon.
post #37 of 51 Old 03-23-2011, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Today, IFC HD is now available on channel 193.
post #38 of 51 Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 PM

Hey falcon, do you know if wavebroadband broadcasts in clear QAM (unencrypted)? I was thinking about putting a TV tuner card in my computer and using it to tune and record TV.
post #39 of 51 Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Gregg, they do broadcast in ClearQAM! You can get all of the normal cable channels, plus HD Theater (141), the local channels in HD, South Kitsap School TV (205), Root Sports HD (130), Outdoor Channel (77), Great American Country (58), C-Span 2 (99), Music Choice (901-946), and some other things.
post #40 of 51 Old 05-11-2011, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

A few days ago, Wave Broadband introduced Starz Kids & Family HD to the lineup. It can be found on channel 705.
post #41 of 51 Old 05-25-2011, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

As of 5/24, Wave Broadband customers can now see Turner Classic Movies in HD on channel 175. If you have an HD converter, you can turn to this channel right now and enjoy it.
post #42 of 51 Old 06-22-2011, 07:54 AM

Greetings. My Mom is on Wave in Woodburn, Oregon. She's upgrading from an analog 4:3 TV to a Digital HD 16:9 TV. I'm trying to determine the options available from Wave for content but I find it a little confusing.

My Mom does not want a DVR.

We are going to start by using the TV's internal analog and digital tuners. This should give us the analog and in-the-clear (ITC) digital channels (both SD and HD).

Wave says they provide a digital set-top-box (STB). From what I can tell, this will add the encrypted standard definition (SD) digital channels.

Wave says they provide an HD digital-video-recorder (DVR). This will add the encrypted HD channels and recording capability.

Is there an option in between the STB and the DVR? Is it possible to get a digital tuner only (for less cost per month than the DVR) that tunes in both the encrypted SD and the encrypted HD channels, or is the DVR the only way to get the encrypted HD channels?

The Wave Broadband customer sales representative told me that Wave's tuners don't use cable cards, so it's no help trying to get information from them. They have no idea what they are talking about.

The goal here is to minimize the cost. The extra cost per month for the HD DVR is not acceptable.
post #43 of 51 Old 06-22-2011, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrock12 View Post

Greetings. My Mom is on Wave in Woodburn, Oregon. She's upgrading from an analog 4:3 TV to a Digital HD 16:9 TV. I'm trying to determine the options available from Wave for content but I find it a little confusing.

Because Wave Broadband isn't exactly a huge company, they lack a lot of technology options for TV watching options.

Quote:

We are going to start by using the TV's internal analog and digital tuners. This should give us the analog and in-the-clear (ITC) digital channels (both SD and HD).

This will give you all local channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, PBS) in HD. In my area, I am also able to get ROOT Sports in HD as well as HD Theater (Discovery). Aside from HD, you'll get a "select" few digital channels for free as well. You will also get access to Music Choice.

Quote:

Wave says they provide a digital set-top-box (STB). From what I can tell, this will add the encrypted standard definition (SD) digital channels.

Yes, this will give you all digital programming.

Quote:

Wave says they provide an HD digital-video-recorder (DVR). This will add the encrypted HD channels and recording capability.

That's correct.

Quote:

Is there an option in between the STB and the DVR? Is it possible to get a digital tuner only (for less cost per month than the DVR) that tunes in both the encrypted SD and the encrypted HD channels, or is the DVR the only way to get the encrypted HD channels?

I am surprised that Wave does not allow the use of the DCX3200-M. This does NOT include a DVR, but it does provide HD access. Other than that, there is no way to get just a standard HD digital converter without a DVR.

Quote:

The Wave Broadband customer sales representative told me that Wave's tuners don't use cable cards, so it's no help trying to get information from them. They have no idea what they are talking about.

This is incorrect. All DCX tuners require a Cable Card M-Card.

Quote:

The goal here is to minimize the cost. The extra cost per month for the HD DVR is not acceptable.

I completely understand. Personally, I would check the local office in Woodburn. They are more knowledgeable there than if you were to call the toll-free number and talk to someone there.
post #44 of 51 Old 06-29-2011, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

If you're a fan of any sporting event (such as UFC, for example), Wave Broadband has officially added Pay-Per-View in HD on channel 810! Keep in mind that this is the Port Orchard channel list. Channel numbers may differ in your area.
post #45 of 51 Old 07-10-2011, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Last year, Wave Broadband customers experienced Internet & Phone upgrades. Today, internet speeds can now reach 50 Mbps, and the phone has new features as well. Now, this year, Wave Broadband will be converting some analog channels to a digital format.

Starting on (or about) July 26th, the following channels (with a star next to it) will require a new digital converter in Port Orchard, WA:

3: Bremerton-Kitsap Access Television*
16: TV Washington*
47: Oxygen*
58: Great American Country
59: National Geographic Channel*
61: Northwest Cable News*
67: BET*
69: Discovery Fit & Health
71: Hallmark Channel*
77: Outdoor Channel
78: Cable Marketplace
79: Retro Television
80: Create TV
81: V-Me (Spanish)
82: Universal Sports
83: This TV

Channels without a star are already converted to a digital format that you would get free access to with the new digital converter. On top of all these channels, you will also get access to 46 channels of commercial-free CD quality music from Music Choice. Get your digital converter before July 31st to avoid the $2 monthly charge for 1 full year!
post #46 of 51 Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Just recently, Wave Broadband had discontinued services with TV Guide. At this time, the EPG on digital cable boxes still uses the TV Guide system, but this is most likely going to change soon.

The TV Guide Network has been replaced by Zap2it services, and an on-screen sample can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzHY4ipa784

This is most likely the case in all Wave Broadband stations (as well as Astound Broadband).
post #47 of 51 Old 02-13-2012, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art's TV View Post

Does anyone out there know whether Wave cable has a host channel for the TVGOS system? TVGOS = TV Guide On Screen - it's used on some TVs and a couple of DVR's for the program guide, setting the clock, and setting recordings. I recently moved to an area with Wave, and I'm trying to get my Sony DVR to work, but I can't find the TVGOS signal!

Thanks,

Art

Art, I just came across your post about TVGOS on Wave cable (didn't realize there was a Wave Broadband forum on AVS). Did you ever get your Sony DVR to get listings? I am also using a Sony DHG-HDD250 on Wave as well as a Moxi HD DVR. A couple years back I had emailed Wave and got through to someone at tech support who was able to turn on the TVGOS inserter. It was working good for about a month then one day the listings stopped. I ended up just hooking an antenna to the Sony to get the TVGOS listings from KIRO OTA. It has worked fine for me so I never bothered emailing back. I'm not sure if Wave is currently sending out TVGOS, but maybe I will try unhooking the antenna and see if the Sony DHG will find a new TVGOS host channel on cable. The link below says Wave does not provide TVGOS so it doesn't look good unless you have a OTA signal.

http://digitaltransition.macrovision.com/digtrans.aspx
post #48 of 51 Old 04-23-2012, 10:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
FYI

With the recent acquisition of cable overbuilder Knology by cable overbuilder WOW, industry analysts are now being quoted as saying "Wave Broadband is also reported to be on the block."

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #49 of 51 Old 11-18-2012, 01:03 PM

I’m new to the Bremerton area (Wildcat Lake) and just got Wave Broadband with the whole-house DVR and client. So far I like Wave, but not too keen on the DVR and client. The DVR works fine, but lacks data space (I prefer to record HD and within a week it’s already 60+% full) and apparently no way to expand. The client is also clunky, I get random pixilation and you can’t set up programming to the DVR.

I see there are several MFG’s/versions of DVR’s out there (Sony, Moxi, TiVo, etc.). Is there one that works best with Wave? That’ll record more than 1 show at a time? That offers the “whole house” option?
post #50 of 51 Old 11-18-2012, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I use both Sony and Moxi DVR's with Wave Broadband with good results. If your looking for multiple tuners and multi-room viewing then I would go with the Moxi as it is has three tuners and multi-room is available through the Moxi Mates. When the Wave Broadband tech brought out my cablecard for the Moxi he said he had never seen one before.
Spamcan likes this.
post #51 of 51 Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the info teeitup, I'll be doing some searching on those units and see what I wanna go with!
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page