AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Local HDTV Info and Reception (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-local-hdtv-info-reception/)
-   -   Seattle, WA - Wave Broadband (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-local-hdtv-info-reception/1244238-seattle-wa-wave-broadband.html)

thefalcon2k 04-21-2010 01:39 AM

This thread was long overdue to be created. Wave Broadband has been mentioned a handful of times in the Seattle Comcast thread (by me, and others), so I thought I would take the liberty to create a thread for creating a thread designated for Wave Broadband.

This year (2010), I've seen a handful of channels added to Wave Broadband, and I am quite surprised! I have yet to see any analog channels be converted to digital only! Anyway, here's what's been added to Wave Broadband in 2010 so far (for those you who are unaware):

131: Golf Channel HD
132: Speed Channel HD
133: CNBC HD+
134: FOX News Channel HD
136: CNN HD
160: Versus HD
166: Nickelodeon HD
173: FX HD
189: MLB Network HD (SD on 418)
749: Encore HD

thefalcon2k 05-10-2010 04:46 PM

Either yesterday or today, I had received a post card from Wave Broadband stating that during the "early morning hours" of Wednesday (which could also include late night Tuesday into Wednesday), there would be some brief interruptions of video services for a network upgrade.

A couple months ago (March, I think), this was also done with the Internet/Phone network for upgrades. I have already seen a phone upgrade, but internet has yet to be upgraded. What I was told about the internet was that there was going to be a 50 Mbps package being added, and a launch date still has yet to be determined.

Anyway, these TV enhancements mean that there will be new HD channels coming (without any analog shutdown), as well as new features (such as Program Guide features, DVR programming via web browser, Caller ID via TV, etc.)!

Stay tuned!

Following Update
DVR & HD-DVR boxes now have a firmware version of 22.55. Upgraded from 22.37.

seatownfunk 05-13-2010 11:37 AM

Awesome Im in Silverdale as well, I live not too far from Bangor (within walking dstance) Awesome you keep us guys informed!

Ken H 05-13-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalcon2k View Post

This thread was long overdue to be created. Wave Broadband has been mentioned a handful of times in the Seattle Comcast thread (by me, and others), so I thought I would take the liberty to create a thread for creating a thread designated for Wave Broadband.

Threads in this forum are for TV markets, not cities, and in some markets cable providers are large enough to merit their own topic, like Comcast in Seattle.

Wave is relatively small provider, but since the other local topics for Seattle are broken out and dedicated to OTA, DBS, Comcast, or Millennium, I'm going to rename this topic as Seattle, WA - Wave Broadband.

thefalcon2k 05-13-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

Threads in this forum are for TV markets, not cities, and in some markets cable providers are large enough to merit their own topic, like Comcast in Seattle.

Wave is relatively small provider, but since the other local topics for Seattle are broken out and dedicated to OTA, DBS, Comcast, or Millennium, I'm going to rename this topic as Seattle, WA - Wave Broadband.

That's fine, Ken. Even though Wave Broadband isn't available in Seattle. No argument, though.

Thanks for the correction.

thefalcon2k 05-13-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatownfunk View Post

Awesome Im in Silverdale as well, I live not too far from Bangor (within walking dstance) Awesome you keep us guys informed!

Actually, just like you, I'm just another Wave Broadband viewer! And, I'm just off of Ridgetop!

I just manage to get the "inside scoop" on things! Like, the DCX3400 just got into Wave Broadband not even 2 months ago. It's been with Comcast for quite a while. Believe me, it's nice having 250GB of storage for recording! That's double the recording time of my old box!

thefalcon2k 05-27-2010 04:45 PM

2 new HD channels were added today.

153: Comedy Central HD
154: Spike TV HD

SexyBeast 05-30-2010 04:29 AM

I have Wave Broadband in Woodland, Ca near Sacramento. Spike and Comedy Central were just added here too. Channel 743 for Comedy Central and 744 for Spike. Anyone know if that DCX3400 is available from Wave in this area?

seatownfunk 06-02-2010 03:32 PM

not sure but here in Silverdale its weird I got a DCX-3400 and a "get this"
DCX-3400-M

thefalcon2k 06-05-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

not sure but here in Silverdale its weird I got a DCX-3400 and a "get this"
DCX-3400-M

Yeah, I have the DCX3400 as well. It's nice because it's nearly double the recording space to my old DCT6416!

Also, I heard that Wave is working on a deal with a new DVR provider (TiVo & Moxi were mentioned to me). Obviously, they're only picking one, and I hope that it's Moxi because of the features available compared to TiVo.

I'm more interested in Moxi because ... while both Moxi & TiVo allow Remote DVR recording (via internet), Moxi also has an iPhone (and iPod Touch) application ($3.99, but worth it)! Moxi & TiVo also allow the use of external hard drives!

seatownfunk, Do you remember the little postcard you got from Wave a while back stating that they would be turning off the cable boxes for an upgrade? That postcard also said that the addition of new HD channels every month was "just the beginning", and they also have some "amazing new things planned". Well, this is it! I just hope to see it before the end of the year!

thefalcon2k 06-05-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyBeast View Post

Anyone know if that DCX3400 is available from Wave in this area?

Your best bet is to go check out the Wave Broadband Store. The closest office I can find is at:
1296 E. Gibson Rd, Suite D
Woodland, CA 95776
Hope this helps!

seatownfunk 06-05-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I have the DCX3400 as well. It's nice because it's nearly double the recording space to my old DCT6416!

Also, I heard that Wave is working on a deal with a new DVR provider (TiVo & Moxi were mentioned to me). Obviously, they're only picking one, and I hope that it's Moxi because of the features available compared to TiVo.

I'm more interested in Moxi because ... while both Moxi & TiVo allow Remote DVR recording (via internet), Moxi also has an iPhone (and iPod Touch) application ($3.99, but worth it)! Moxi & TiVo also allow the use of external hard drives!

seatownfunk, Do you remember the little postcard you got from Wave a while back stating that they would be turning off the cable boxes for an upgrade? That postcard also said that the addition of new HD channels every month was "just the beginning", and they also have some "amazing new things planned". Well, this is it! I just hope to see it before the end of the year!

Aw thats Awesome

Do you know the difference between the dcx3400 and the dcx3400-m? I have 2 cable boxes one with m and one without, just plain dcx3400

thefalcon2k 06-05-2010 08:42 PM

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the differences are. But, the only thing I can think of is that the 3400-M has more recording space. I'll see what I can find.

thefalcon2k 07-08-2010 05:38 PM

Today, customers in the area can view these 3 new HD channels free of charge:

117: ION Television HD
164: E! Entertainment TV HD
179: ABC Family HD

As a reminder, these channels are available to you right now! Just tune your TV to one of the listed channels! If your TV says "This channel will be available shortly", call Wave Broadband at (866) WAVE-123, and they will reset your box for you without question!

thefalcon2k 07-14-2010 05:23 PM

If you are using a if you are using one of the following:
- DVR Box
- HD Box
- HD-DVR Box

Your converter box will be receiving an upgrade on 7/15/10 (tomorrow) between 1:00am & 3:00am (early morning hours).

Update (2:03am)
Menus are now being downloaded into your converter. Your guide software has been updated from Version 74.54-4003 to Version 78.44 - A28p0-2.0908.r4. This guide is also known as just "A28". As a reminder, if you have a standard digital converter box (the black one without a DVR), it will be upgraded at a later date. All other boxes have been upgraded.

For more details on the A28 guide, read these release notes.

seatownfunk 07-15-2010 05:48 PM

Ya I noticed I can now do a DVR cleanup, History and Setup!!
any other features?

thefalcon2k 07-20-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Ya I noticed I can now do a DVR cleanup, History and Setup!!
any other features?

Absolutely! One feature that's handy is if you're watching a Seattle Mariners game on FSN (for example). You'll then see a "Watch in HD" button added to the flip bar, and when you press it, you will automatically be tuned to the HD channel for the game!

thefalcon2k 07-20-2010 11:26 PM

It has come to my attention that Wave Broadband now offers free HD to all customers! Previously in the area, you would only get local channels, FSN HD, & HD Theater for free. Now, you will get all channels in HD except for:

- A&E HD
- History Channel HD
- MGM HD
- National Geographic HD
- NFL Network HD
- Universal HD

This package is roughly $5 extra.

thefalcon2k 07-21-2010 11:14 AM

If you are using a if you are using a standard digital converter, your converter box will be receiving an upgrade on 7/22/10 (tomorrow) between 1:00am & 3:00am (early morning hours).

Update (1:27am)
The boxes should be rebooting with the following:

Firmware: 08.16
Software: Version 78.04 (Modified A28 for standard digital cable boxes)

thefalcon2k 07-28-2010 10:36 PM

2 more HD channels added today!

135: MSNBC HD
180: FOX Business Network HD

These channels are available throughout Washington State as well as Wave Broadband customers in Oregon & California. Just turn your TV on and check your local listings!

thefalcon2k 08-11-2010 10:52 PM

NFL Red Zone is now available on channel 419! Are you ready for some football? Just so you know, NFL Red Zone is here to provide you with all football games inside the Red Zone (20 yard line)! And, for the record, this channel is not being broadcast in HD (yet).

On a side note, since the promise was made by Wave Broadband to provide new HD channels every single month, be sure to expect more to be added very soon (even though this new channel is not in HD)! Keep an eye on your "Guide" button!

Ken H 08-12-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

NFL Red Zone is now available on channel 419! Are you ready for some football? Just so you know, NFL Red Zone is here to provide you with all football games inside the Red Zone (20 yard line)! And, for the record, this channel is not being broadcast in HD (yet).

NFL Red Zone is available in HD, just not on Wave.

Ken H 08-12-2010 10:13 AM

A general question about the Seattle area:

Are Millennium Cable and Click! Network still around, or have they been absorbed?

thefalcon2k 08-12-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

A general question about the Seattle area:

Are Millennium Cable and Click! Network still around, or have they been absorbed?

Click! is still around, however Millennium Digital Media is now known as Broadstripe.

thefalcon2k 08-12-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

NFL Red Zone is available in HD, just not on Wave.

I know, Ken. I have friends on Comcast as well as Dish Network who get this channel in HD.

Ken H 08-12-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

I know, Ken. I have friends on Comcast as well as Dish Network who get this channel in HD.

Yeah, I get it on Comcast in Detroit, and without a pro team here, its changed the way I watch the NFL....

Ken H 08-12-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Click! is still around, however Millennium Digital Media is now known as Broadstripe.

Thx, I'll update the master US list.

thefalcon2k 09-17-2010 08:46 PM

2 new HD channels were added today:

155: CMT HD
156: VH-1 HD

thefalcon2k 11-02-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

And, for the record, this channel is not being broadcast in HD (yet).

As of this morning, this part of that message is a lie, HA HA! NFL RedZone HD can now be viewed on channel 187

thefalcon2k 11-06-2010 01:19 AM

Starting on 11/17, the following HD channels will be converted from the East Coast feed to the West Coast feed:

- Encore
- The Movie Channel
- Disney Channel
- TNT
- TBS

Make sure you update your DVR timers after this has occurred.