Pixels on the side of my samsung dynaflat hdtv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-12-2002, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My samsung dynaflat has noticeable pixels on the sides of the screen. I really notice it when I watch dvds. I'm watching my dvds through my xbox,could that be the problem? Will it help if I get a better dvd player? When I watch it in 16x9 compressed mode it's even worse. Do the pixels show more because it's hdtv? This hdtv stuff is confusing.

Thanks for your time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-13-2002, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #3 of 4 Old 03-15-2002, 04:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You might try a test DVD, such as the Avia, and put a crosshatch or dot pattern on the screen. Or try any built-in test patterns for convergence. Check to ensure the regions of the screen giving you trouble are converged; that is, a single color, with all three electron beams converged and no color fringing. Pixels, or picture elements, require accurate three-beam convergence to display anything, including test patterns. And extreme screen edges or corners are nearly impossible to converge perfectly. Also, different modes (DVD, HDTV) usually require separate convergence, so image edges may look bad for DVDs but okay for HDTV. Try any user convergence adjustments, if available; if they're not adequate, you may need service adjustments. If convergence isn't the problem, suggest providing a more detailed description of what you mean by pixels. -- John
post #4 of 4 Old 03-15-2002, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks John. I'll give that avia disk a try. The problem is on the left a right sides of the screen. It looks like the dots you see if you look closely at a computer moniter. When the picture moves it looks like a doted screen is in front of it,mainly on the sides. I have never noticed this on another tv. Very frustrating.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page