HDTV in Woodland - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-13-2002, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

First of all it's pretty cool to see all the sacramento area HD'rs here. I live in Woodland and I seem to have a problem accessing channel 10 in HD, all the others come in fine....any ideas?
I called them recently and I was told that they are broadcasting at 30% capacity. Anyone else with this problem?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-13-2002, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
30% power is still 300,000 watts effective radiated power. I do not believe any of the other Sacramento stations are operating at any higher power at present. How is your reception of analog channel 58? They broadcast from the same tower only three channels lower than KXTV's digital transmitter. KXTV-DT broadcasts on the highest frequency of any of the Sacramento DTV stations it is possible that there is a problem with your antenna system on the high end of the band.

Rory
post #3 of 6 Old 03-14-2002, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Well....my analog channel 58 is pretty snowy...do you have any recommendations on which antenna to use?

thanks

Chris
post #4 of 6 Old 03-14-2002, 02:28 PM

Chris,
I Use Radio Shack's UHF only YAGI. I think its around $40.00
mine is mounted in my attic and provides reception levels in the 80's it should be pointed s/se a bit to Hit the towers in walnut grove

Hope this helps

Excuse me? Which end up?
post #5 of 6 Old 03-15-2002, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cmdidio
Hey everyone,

First of all it's pretty cool to see all the sacramento area HD'rs here. I live in Woodland and I seem to have a problem accessing channel 10 in HD, all the others come in fine....any ideas?
I called them recently and I was told that they are broadcasting at 30% capacity. Anyone else with this problem?

thanks
Hi:

I live in Granite Bay area (sacramento)....I currently have Dish satellite. I know that my Sharp 9000 front projector is 'HDTV compatible.'....my question is

1. What do I need (in terms of additional equipment) to be able to watch HDTV programs through my projector??

I currently get ALL the local channels through my Dish.

Your help/advice appreciated. Thanks.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-15-2002, 07:07 PM

amarprakash:

The short answer is you need a HDTV set top box (STB) and an antenna. If you want to stay with Dish they make an HDTV receiver (the 6000) that has an optional module to receive over the air (OTA) DTV. I believe that you need a second satellite dish if you want HDTV from Dish. If you change from Dish to DirecTV you have a number of choices of STB that receive HDTV from DirecTV and over the air digital TV. I would suggest posting your question again over in the HDTV hardware section. I think you will get many more replies. You may also want to read the HDTV FAQ thread.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page