Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #451 of 7936 Old 12-06-2003, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
INHD's two channels are free in the Charlotte area. ESPN is not a done deal yet and TWC claims they were trying to be able to give it to us free. And most importantly, it is a national contract not just Raleigh. Whatever they get we get at the same time.

The SEC game looks great right now in HD.

Hugh Campbell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 7936 Old 12-07-2003, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I got a PM from a TW customer in SC. They got a mail from TW stating that HDNET (2 Channels) would be added to the hd tier and so would ESPN-HD. They thought before new years as well and that HDNET could be added within a week - this is happening right now and I love TW in Charlotte for saying the package is coming before it is a done deal we will not charge. Now when it is a done deal and they have the actual HD-Suite package then charge me that is fine. These will be (except ESPN) HD Only channels and it is just like adding HBO etc - new channels that needs to make their money. I think that it is beyond question that we will be charged. TW across the board is setting up this package - and I am so HAPPY I didn't get D*
post #453 of 7936 Old 12-08-2003, 05:54 AM

OK guys start checking those "hidden" channels.

- Scott
post #454 of 7936 Old 12-08-2003, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mhdiab
Now when it is a done deal and they have the actual HD-Suite package then charge me that is fine.

Anyone think that come 2006 they'll eliminate the HD surcharge, since that's supposed to be the US broadcast standard? Or will HD only remain a "specialty" niche of the DTV standard?

Also, I assume TW will not include the local channels in the pay HD tier, since, as mentioned in a much earlier post, local channels -- whether SD or HD -- should legally be considered part of basic service.

Remember, there's a TW guy on this forum, so let's not get too excited about the fact that we're willing to pay for stuff!
post #455 of 7936 Old 12-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

If I were TWC I would be looking at it from a long range standpoint. Let's assume that by 2010 all programming will be broadcast in 16.9 HD. By that time or sooner we will all be use to paying extra for certain premium channels like ESPN-HD, INHD, HDnet, etc. Does anyone really think TWC or any cable company will reduce the price to what we all pay for basic? This is a good opportunity for the sats and cable cos to factor in additional consumer costs which will never disappear. At the current time it may be justified to a degree, not sure about that at all, when so few customers watch HD. It will not be justified in five years. IMHO

Hugh Campbell
post #456 of 7936 Old 12-08-2003, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It will not be justified in five years. IMHO

I think it can always be justified if it is a channel package not available otherwise. This is no different than the sports package - so in five years they aren't broken up in HD or SD, but there will still be packages / a la carte. This is a tier and right now they are called HD-Suite just like there is HBO, Cinemax etc
post #457 of 7936 Old 12-08-2003, 08:16 PM

Anybody else having trouble with WSOC-DT? Since last Friday all I can receive is multi-colored pixels and audio bursts. Have they changed something in their transmission chain? I really miss MNF in HD. I'm using a Samsung SIR-T150 and a 4-bay bowtie antenna.
post #458 of 7936 Old 12-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

It's coming in here just fine. Getting it OTA and via cable. No problems with the signal and no changes over the past few days.

Hugh Campbell
post #459 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone have problems with the first four basic channels? ABC, CBS, NBC? Only on the analog not the Digital channel. Would appreciate any info. I came home last night and the quality on those were terrible - lots of disturbance etc and breaking up.

Over TW by the way - Thanks!
post #460 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 08:12 AM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, November 24, 2003

TIME WARNER CABLE AND FOX SPORTS NET TEAM-UP TO BRING HIGH-DEFINITION NBA AND NHL GAMES THROUGHOUT THE SEASON TO MAJOR MARKETS FROM COAST TO COAST BEGINNING DEC. 5

Time Warner Customers in Austin, Charlotte, Desert Cities, Eastern Carolina, Green Bay, Greensboro, Hawaii, Houston, Los Angeles, Memphis, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Raleigh-Durham, San Antonio, San Diego, South Carolina and Waco to receive HD game coverage of NBA Champion Spurs, Lakers, Timberwolves, Magic, Bucks, Grizzlies and NHL's Kings, Wild, Lightning, and Hurricanes

LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK - Fox Sports Net owned and operated regional sports networks are collaborating with Time Warner Cable to bring 96 games and almost 300 combined hours of high-definition telecasts of local professional sports events to Time Warner Cable customers in major U.S. markets from coast to coast. It all tips off in Orlando with Fox-owned Sunshine Network's telecast of the NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs and Orlando Magic on Friday, Dec. 5.

Fox Sports Net regional networks contributing local HD game production include Fox Sports Net North, Fox Sports Net South, Fox Sports Net Southwest, Fox Sports Net West, West 2 and Sunshine Network in Florida. Every fan already receiving these networks via a Time Warner Cable system now also have access to at least 10 HD NBA and 10 HD NHL local games this season. The combined 96 local games and 288 hours of additional HD programming already on the schedule make FSN and Time Warner Cable two significant providers of locally produced HD programming and two of the more prolific HD providers in the country.

Time Warner Cable's robust, high-definition offering is one of our many key differentiators in the marketplace, said Chuck Ellis, executive vice president and chief marketing officer for Time Warner Cable. Building on our relationship with Fox Sports Net, we are able to strengthen our high-definition offering by adding their regional, high profile sporting events which are of great interest to consumers in our local markets.

Time Warner Cable will offer the local high-def games to digital subscribers at no additional charge. Fox Sports Net and Time Warner Cable also continue to offer standard definition telecasts of each of these games to subscribers as part of the core Fox Sports Net regional service distributed throughout the region.

Providing high-def telecasts across multiple cities, sports and teams on any given night is enormously challenging said Randy Freer, chief operating officer of Fox Sports Networks. We have always believed that fans are most passionate about their local teams. By offering these local HD games, we can enhance the viewing experience for Time Warner Cable's digital subscribers and generate even more fan enthusiasm for our local teams and their telecasts. This is a wonderful example of a cable operator and programmer coming together for the betterment of the local cable television consumer.

Fox Sports Net and Time Warner Cable's first NBA and NHL HD schedules are attached. The HD telecast of games is subject to schedule change and local availability. An extensive schedule of HD local telecasts of local Major League Baseball teams in each Time Warner Cable service region will be released early next year.

Fox Sports Net reaches more than 80 million homes through its network of 20 regional sports channels. FSN, based in Los Angeles, serves as the cable TV home to 67 of the 80 MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States, and produces over 4,500 live events each year. In addition to home team games, FSN telecasts a wide variety of national sports events and programming, including Best Damn Sports Show Period. For the latest up-to-the-minute sports news and opinions, visit the FOX Sports/Fox Sports Net website at www.FoxSports.com.

Fox Cable Networks, a wholly owned division of Fox Entertainment Group (NYSE: FOX), includes more than 20 major domestic cable and satellite networks in which Fox Entertainment Group or News Corporation (NYSE: NWS) hold interests. Together these networks reach more than 275 million subscribing TV households and represent one of the media industry's largest and most diversified groups of programming assets. FCN networks include FX, Fox Sports Net, National Geographic Channel, SPEED Channel, Fox Movie Channel, Fox Sports World, Fox Sports Digital Pacific, Central and Atlantic, Fox Sports en EspaƱol and Fuel.

Time Warner Cable owns and manages cable systems serving 10.9 million subscribers in 27 states, which include some of the most technologically advanced, best-clustered cable systems in the country with more than 75% of the Company's customers in systems of 300,000 subscribers or more. Utilizing a fully upgraded advanced cable network and a steadfast commitment to providing consumers with choice, value and world-class customer service, Time Warner Cable is an industry leader in delivering advanced products and services such as video on demand, high definition television, high-speed data, wireless home networking and digital video recorders. Time Warner Cable is a company of Time Warner Inc.

CONTACTS:
Fox Sports Net: Lou D'Ermilio, 212-556-2573
Tom Chiappetta, 212-556-2477

Time Warner Cable: Keith Cocozza, 203-351-2039

FOX SPORTS NET
NBA HD GAMES SCHEDULE 1

Most events will include the following shoulder HD programming:
Pre-game Runs 30 minutes prior to start of game.
Post-game Ends ~30 minutes after end of game (subject to length of game, overtime, weather etc.).
Show following post-game Will not exceed 120 minutes after post-game.
Time of game represents start time in RSN time zone.

Day Date Time League Away Feed Home Feed

Los Angeles Lakers
Tues Dec-9 7:30 NBA New York @ Los Angeles
Fri Dec-12 7:30 NBA Dallas @ Los Angeles
Fri Dec-19 7:30 NBA Denver @ Los Angeles
Sun Dec-21 6:30 NBA Phoenix @ Los Angeles
Sat Jan-17 7:30 NBA LA Clippers @ Los Angeles
Tues Feb-17 7:30 NBA Portland @ Los Angeles
Mon Mar-15 7:30 NBA Orlando @ Los Angeles
Fri Mar-19 7:30 NBA LA Clippers @ Los Angeles
Fri Mar-26 7:30 NBA Minnesota @ Los Angeles
Sun Mar-28 6:30 NBA Utah @ Los Angeles

Memphis Grizzlies (times shown in EST)
Fri Dec-12 7:30 NBA Memphis @ Miami
Fri Dec-19 8:00 NBA Miami @ Memphis
Wed Jan-28 8:00 NBA Portland @ Memphis
Fri Jan-30 8:00 NBA Utah @ Memphis
Fri Feb-6 8:00 NBA Milwaukee @ Memphis
Mon Feb-9 9:00 NBA Memphis @ Denver
Tues Feb-17 8:00 NBA Dallas @ Memphis
Fri Mar-12 8:00 NBA LA Clippers @ Memphis
Fri Apr-2 8:00 NBA Phoenix @ Memphis
Tues Apr-13 8:30 NBA Memphis @ Dallas

Milwuakee Bucks
Wed Jan-7 7:00 NBA Phoenix @ Milwaukee
Fri Jan-9 7:30 NBA Miami @ Milwaukee
Sat Feb-7 7:30 NBA New Orleans @ Milwaukee
Tues Feb-17 7:00 NBA Orlando @ Milwaukee
Tues Feb-24 7:00 NBA Minnesota @ Milwaukee
Fri Feb-27 7:30 NBA Memphis @ Milwaukee
Wed Mar-10 7:00 NBA Atlanta @ Milwaukee
Fri Mar-12 7:30 NBA Denver @ Milwaukee
Sun Mar-28 3:00 NBA Houston @ Milwaukee
Tues Mar-30 7:00 NBA Indiana @ Milwaukee

Minnesota Timberwolves
Mon Jan-19 5:00 NBA New Orleans @ Minnesota
Sun Jan-25 2:30 NBA Phoenix @ Minnesota
Mon Jan-26 8:00 NBA Minnesota @ Denver
Sun Feb-1 1:00 NBA Philadelphia @ Minnesota
Sunday Feb-22 2:30 NBA San Antonio @ Minnesota
Tues Feb-24 7:00 NBA Minnesota @ Milwaukee
Wed Feb-25 7:00 NBA New Jersey @ Minnesota
Fri Feb-27 7:00 NBA Golden State @ Minnesota
Sun Mar-21 3:00 NBA Denver @ Minnesota
Tues Mar-23 7:00 NBA San Antonio @ Minnesota

Orlando Magic
Fri Dec-5 8:00 NBA San Antonio @ Orlando
Fri Jan-16 7:00 NBA Boston @ Orlando
Wed Feb-11 7:00 NBA Miami @ Orlando
Wed Feb-18 7:00 NBA Utah @ Orlando
Tues Feb-24 7:00 NBA Portland @ Orlando
Wed Mar-3 7:00 NBA Milwaukee @ Orlando
Wed Mar-10 7:00 NBA Washington @ Orlando
Fri Mar-26 7:00 NBA Indiana @ Orlando
Wed Mar-31 7:00 NBA Chicago @ Orlando
Fri Apr-2 7:00 NBA Atlanta @ Orlando

San Antonio Spurs
Mon Dec-15 7:00 NBA Memphis @ San Antonio
Wed Dec-17 7:30 NBA Toronto @ San Antonio
Fri Dec-26 7:30 NBA Orlando @ San Antonio
Wed Jan-14 7:30 NBA Minnesota @ San Antonio
Wed Jan-21 7:30 NBA New Jersey @ San Antonio
Mon Feb-2 8:00 NBA San Antonio @ Utah
Mon Mar-1 7:30 NBA Memphis @ San Antonio
Thur Mar-18 8:30 NBA Minnesota @ San Antonio
Thur Mar-25 7:30 NBA Detroit @ San Antonio
Wed Apr-14 7:30 NBA Denver @ San Antonio
FOX SPORTS NET
NHL HD GAMES SCHEDULE 1

Most events will include the following shoulder HD programming:
Pre-game Runs 30 minutes prior to start of game.
Post-game Ends ~30 minutes after end of game (subject to length of game, overtime, weather etc.).
Show following post-game Will not exceed 120 minutes after post-game.
Time of game represents start time in RSN time zone.

Day Date Time League Away Feed Home Feed

Carolina Hurricanes
Tues Jan-6 7:00 NHL St. Louis @ Carolina
Thur Jan-15 7:00 NHL Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Sat Jan-31 7:00 NHL Carolina @ Detroit
Tues Feb-3 9:00 NHL Carolina @ Colorado
Thur Feb-12 7:00 NHL Washington @ Carolina
Thur Feb-19 7:00 NHL Toronto @ Carolina
Sat Feb-21 7:00 NHL Boston @ Carolina
Tues Mar-2 7:00 NHL Columbus @ Carolina
Sat Mar-13 7:30 NHL Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Tues Mar-23 7:00 NHL Philadelphia @ Carolina

Los Angeles Kings
Mon Dec-8 4:30 NHL Los Angeles @ Detroit
Sat Dec-20 7:30 NHL Colorado @ Los Angeles
Wed Jan-7 7:30 NHL Los Angeles @ Anaheim
Thur Jan-22 7:30 NHL Detroit @ Los Angeles
Thur Jan-29 7:30 NHL Colorado @ Los Angeles
Sat Feb-28 1:00 NHL Anaheim @ Los Angeles
Thur Mar-4 7:30 NHL Minnesota @ Los Angeles
Wed Mar-10 6:00 NHL Los Angeles @ Phoenix
Sat Mar-20 7:30 NHL Detroit @ Los Angeles
Mon Mar-29 6:00 NHL Los Angeles @ Colorado

Minnesota Wild
Mon Jan-12 7:00 NHL Nashville @ Minnesota
Wed Jan-14 7:00 NHL Los Angeles @ Minnesota
Fri Jan-23 9:30 NHL Minnesota @ Anaheim
Thur Jan-29 7:00 NHL Montreal @ Minnesota
Sun Feb-22 6:00 NHL Colorado @ Minnesota
Thur Mar-4 9:30 NHL Minnesota @ Los Angeles
Sun Mar-14 7:00 NHL Columbus @ Minnesota
Tues Mar-16 7:00 NHL Ottawa @ Minnesota
Mon Mar-29 6:00 NHL Minnesota @ Detroit
Wed Mar-31 7:00 NHL Colorado @ Minnesota

Tampa Bay Lightning
Fri Jan-2 3:00 NHL Columbus @ Tampa Bay
Thur Jan-15 7:00 NHL Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Thur Feb-12 7:00 NHL Montreal @ Tampa Bay
Sat Feb-14 7:30 NHL Florida @ Tampa Bay
Thur Feb-26 7:00 NHL Toronto @ Tampa Bay
Sat Feb-28 7:30 NHL Washington @ Tampa Bay
Fri Mar-5 7:30 NHL New Jersey @ Tampa Bay
Thur Mar-25 7:00 NHL New Jersey @ Tampa Bay
Sat Mar-27 7:30 NHL Washington @ Tampa Bay
Thur Apr-1 7:00 NHL Florida @ Tampa Bay
post #461 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the above info. What channels will this be shown on?

Hugh Campbell
post #462 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by n4fw
Anybody else having trouble with WSOC-DT

Yes. Something happened to the OTA signal. I used to get it at 50%, now it's down to 30%. Two other reports are on the Charlotte OTA thread.

--Dale--
post #463 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

[quote]Originally posted by sengsational
[b]Yes. Something happened to the OTA signal. I used to get it at 50%, now it's down to 30%.

If you are watching a program in HD you either get it 100% or you don't get it at all. Therefore, I don't know how you could be getting it at anything less. I've seen no difference in the HD signal from WSOC via OTA, although it has the weakest signal of all for me and by that I mean I have to have the antenna turned just right or no signal at all.

Hugh Campbell
post #464 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HughScot
in HD you either get it 100% or you don't get it at all. [/b]

My tuner card (MyHD) provides informational overlay text which includes a signal strength percentage. In general, 30% is about as low as it goes before it starts pixelizing and having sound dropouts. Any lower and I get a 'no signal' message. But it depends on consistency of the signal strength. I found that if it jumps around a lot, I get a lot more video and sound artifacts. If it stays a consistent percentage, once it locks-in, even at a rather low percentage, it's perfect.

--Dale--
post #465 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 06:14 PM

Anyone else getting just the SD (4:3) signal on WCNC (6) and WSOC (9) tonight? Both Frasier and According to Jim have usually been HD, but not tonight. Someone asleep at the helm? I'm getting HD OTA, BTW. 24 on Fox (18) and Teen-Show-du-jour on WWWB (55) are HD, as are PBS and WJZY (HDNet crap).

9:40 update: Looks like WSOC is cool now (Less Than Perfect is 16:9 HD)....
post #466 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 71
That's what ABC is feeding tonight, they're feeding an upconvert for some
reason...

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
post #467 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 06:52 PM

Forgot that you also had ABC knowledge!

But then why did WCNC just switch to HD in the middle of the show it's showing now? It was 4:3 until about 5 minutes ago, and when I just checked at 9:48 it was in all its 16:9 HD glory (even though the show sucks -- I'll watch anything in HD now that I got my new TV!).

Guess we chalk it up to new technology -- getting used to the currently manual process, that kind of thing?
post #468 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I dunno. I'm in Jackson TN, just put WBBJ-DT on air and noticed the ABC
issue while testing. I'd say that the WCNCissue maybe was one of several things:

a) no timer to program to enable the automatic switch (or)
b) bad or incorrect info on the show being in HD.
c) mis-programmed timer if so
d) or somebody just plain forgot and missed the switch
e) equipment issues

This sort of communication is still not quite there from the networks, some
are better than others. Also, rememeber that the guy in master control is rather busy just dealing with the normal analog feed as well as preparing
for news and other programming. Hope this helps.!

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
post #469 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 07:18 PM

Also WCNC just installed their Dolby 5.1 equipment and are testing that. So they have a lot on there plate!
post #470 of 7936 Old 12-09-2003, 08:30 PM

You guys rock! I bow to your great wisdom. This forum makes it fun to be an early adopter.

I'm still blown away that my little $30 Radio Shack antenna can pull in such a great picture from so many stations. I just need to be patient while everyone works out the kinks in their respective systems, but in the meantime, the information you guys provide is really helpful.

Thanks.
post #471 of 7936 Old 12-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Here is a note I just got from TW Cable in Charlotte re the HD-DVR box:

"Hi Hugh: sorry again that it took me so long to respond. The article is correct as far as it goes. We are beta testing the HD-DVRs in Green Bay, but don't think we'll get any until 2Q next year. It could be later, based on beta test results. I understand how anxious you are to get one....we love our digital DVR and have been putting off getting an HD set for this reason. Your name is on our list to call when we can get a supply.
Thanks for your interest......sue"

Hugh Campbell
post #472 of 7936 Old 12-15-2003, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

no rumors - nothing new in days - nobody with some inside news about HDnet and ESPN-HD??
post #473 of 7936 Old 12-16-2003, 07:31 AM

Talked to the TWC Office Manager in my town this past Friday and was told that there is NO agreement between TWC and ESPN or HDNET at this point and that she didn't know when they would add these channels...

As I stated previously, I only get basic cable from them at this point anyway--everything else--INCLUDING ESPN-HD, HDNET and HDMovies--I get from DIRECTV. I also get the HD local network feeds both OTA and from TWC basic.

As I've said before "Happy Waiting!"
post #474 of 7936 Old 12-16-2003, 02:30 PM

Well, if you go the the Titan Tv channel listings for Raleigh, Time Warner Digital Cable, they are now listing HDNET and HDNTM (HD net movies).
These just showed up this week.
This leads me to beleive the these channels will show up soon...

http://www.titantv.com/ttv/grid/grid...=digital_cable
post #475 of 7936 Old 12-17-2003, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Sweet - while I might not belive Titan TV - I am convinced that these channels are being added shortly - just like I was convinced that we will be seeing the Hurricanes in HD shortly and guess what - that was correct.

It is one thing when these rumors are coming out of one source, but when they are floating around from multiple sources and some happens to be official TW releases then it is just enough to convince me. Lower level TW people just happens to lack information or be misinformed about HD and it will probably be that way for the next 2-4 years.......

Either way - can't wait to show of HDNet to people and watch some NHL Hockey - Merry Christmas to us
post #476 of 7936 Old 12-17-2003, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sweet - while I might not belive Titan TV - I am convinced that these channels are being added shortly - just like I was convinced that we will be seeing the Hurricanes in HD shortly and guess what - that was correct.

It is one thing when these rumors are coming out of one source, but when they are floating around from multiple sources and some happens to be official TW releases then it is just enough to convince me. Lower level TW people just happens to lack information or be misinformed about HD and it will probably be that way for the next 2-4 years.......

Either way - can't wait to show of HDNet to people and watch some NHL Hockey - Merry Christmas to us

I don't doubt the above but when have you seen the Hurricanes in HD via TWC out of Charlotte? Or are you talking about the rumor that it will start on Jan. 6? Has HDnet been announced or is that still a rumor? I'm just interested in knowing if we have moved from the rumor stage to actual facts.

Hugh Campbell
post #477 of 7936 Old 12-17-2003, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not trying to get something started but here goes. I am a newbie HDTV owner and want the best SD picture I can get. I currently have TWC digital package and most SD stations suck. I am using the DVR box right now. I am scheduled to have HD installed this Friday. What can I do to get better SD? Is there something I should tell the cable person?

Why is it that some SD stations are good (HBO etc.) but other stations suck. HD is nice but let's face it there is only a few stations in HD.

Should I switch to Dish? I just can't stomach the 2 year contracts. I hate contracts.

I have to do something because some of my SD channels are so bad you can't watch them.

Thanks,
Rodney

Rodney
post #478 of 7936 Old 12-17-2003, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Did you read Scoofer's press release copy from 12/09??? It verified what about another ten threads all over this forum has confirmed which is that through the FSN deal we will have Hurricanes in HD here in Charlotte starting after the year for 10 games. Go back one page and you will see it (wasn't going to quote the full thread) that is in addition to official releases from multiple TW branches........
post #479 of 7936 Old 12-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Did you read Scoofer's press release copy from 12/09??? It verified what about another ten threads all over this forum has confirmed which is that through the FSN deal we will have Hurricanes in HD here in Charlotte starting after the year for 10 games. Go back one page and you will see it (wasn't going to quote the full thread) that is in addition to official releases from multiple TW branches........

Yes I did read that but I've yet to have anyone at TWC confirm that we will be viewing it. And I do know that Raleigh seems to have an inside track, but I'm just a little cynical until I see it myself.

I am probably looking forward to the hockey as much as anyone but with ESPN-HD having been promised for so long I'm just a little cautious. I am an optimist but with HD seeing is believing.

Hugh Campbell
post #480 of 7936 Old 12-17-2003, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by rcase13
Not trying to get something started but here goes. I am a newbie HDTV owner and want the best SD picture I can get. I currently have TWC digital package and most SD stations suck. I am using the DVR box right now. I am scheduled to have HD installed this Friday. What can I do to get better SD? Is there something I should tell the cable person?

Why is it that some SD stations are good (HBO etc.) but other stations suck. HD is nice but let's face it there is only a few stations in HD.

Should I switch to Dish? I just can't stomach the 2 year contracts. I hate contracts.

I have to do something because some of my SD channels are so bad you can't watch them.

Thanks,
Rodney

First of all it has been my experience that digital TV is not much better than analog. But when you get HD from TWC you should be very happy with the HD picture. If you have a large HDTV the analog signal will look poor at best. Just how bad it looks will depend on you particular set and the screen size. The larger the set the worse the SD picture quality. There is no getting around it. I bought the set (Pioneer Elite) that at the time, two years ago, provided me with the best SD picture as well as the best HD picture.

Last time I looked we get 12 HD channels from TWC so there is quite a bit of HD. To the best of my knowledge their is nothing TWC can do about the SD signal during installation. As for Dish I personally would not go that route as I've had both at the same time and I dumped the sat.

Hugh Campbell
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page