post #7921 of 7930 Old 08-03-2014, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by stannc View Post
So the TG862 that I have won't be able to handle 16x4? I'm at 8x1 in Union County, have been since the first of the year.
The current CMTS unit's that TWC has in their hub sites (Cisco 10K) will not handle 16x4 and the 750mhz architecture of the system is not big enough also. Maybe sometime after around 5-years the technology will allow for an all IP design and then things will be different for video and internet protocols.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7922 of 7930 Old 08-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsane View Post
I would not worrying about upgrading in the Charlotte market area for two reasons: The Cisco 10K's that are deployed only handle 8x4 and second the markets that have 16x4 bonding (Arris CMTS units) are 862-1Ghz systems and this market is only 750Mhz except for the Huntersville/Statesvilles systems which where built to 1Ghz but are operating at a 862Mhz.
I have heard that we have both Cisco and Arris CMTS systems deployed in town. Is that true?
post #7923 of 7930 Old 08-03-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke4pym View Post
I have heard that we have both Cisco and Arris CMTS systems deployed in town. Is that true?
Yes, the majority are the Cisco's but a few hub sites have the Arris C4 in them.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
post #7924 of 7930 Old 08-03-2014, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
The current CMTS unit's that TWC has in their hub sites (Cisco 10K) will not handle 16x4 and the 750mhz architecture of the system is not big enough also. Maybe sometime after around 5-years the technology will allow for an all IP design and then things will be different for video and internet protocols.

Can TWC replace all the hubs within 18 months? If not, it was awfully silly of them to name Charlotte as one of the Maxx cities by the end of 2015.
post #7925 of 7930 Old 08-04-2014, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
TWC is killing analog along with 16x4 bonding so yes the 750MHz will support it they just have to remove the analog channels first.
post #7926 of 7930 Old 08-04-2014, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
I would not worrying about upgrading in the Charlotte market area for two reasons: The Cisco 10K's that are deployed only handle 8x4 and second the markets that have 16x4 bonding (Arris CMTS units) are 862-1Ghz systems and this market is only 750Mhz except for the Huntersville/Statesvilles systems which where built to 1Ghz but are operating at a 862Mhz.
hmm most of the new CMTS' are from CASA Systems according to:

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/tim...ris/2013-10-21

also TWC has former Comcast systems in LA running at 750MHz all-digital getting MAXX internet speeds.
post #7927 of 7930 Old 08-04-2014, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Gotta give props when deserved...

We built our house late last year. I'm now a DirecTV subscriber, but still have TWC for internet. IMHO you can't beat TWC's internet service- at least for now- but that's beside the point.

This past Friday I had some landscaping done last week and they accidentally cut the TWC wire that was buried. I called Thursday morning and they got there Friday morning.

The TWC tech was a sharp guy- probably late 20s, early 30s. Firm handshake, looked me right in the eye. Had his sh*t together.

He fixed the buried cable, but what really made me happy was that I've had an old cable that was no longer in use aerial trespass my front yard from my neighbor's house. Total eye sore. Part of the cable actually laid on the corner of my front porch roof.

For MONTHS I tried to get TWC to remove the cable. One time they actually came out, it was in January and it was snowing/sleeting (I give them the benefit of the doubt for that one). But they never rescheduled.

Fast forward to last Friday. I asked the TWC tech what I could do to get this removed. He told me to use the phrase "aerial trespass" when calling TWC, which I did. I got the runaround and was told someone would call me in the next week or so.

Well the tech who was at my house that morning called me to say that he spoke to his supervisor and offered to come and remove the eyesore cable.

This guy took the initiative to call his boss and escalate this issue- that wasn't his problem.

He came back and removed the wire. I was giddy all weekend. I got his name and tweeted to TWC Help to let them know how happy I was about this tech.

Just wanted to let other folks know that as much as everyone complains about crappy service, sometimes you find that diamond in the rough.
jrs likes this.
post #7928 of 7930 Old 08-13-2014, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need some advice -

I currently have Directv. I have a family member that is moving in with me and need to add another receiver. Directv wants another 2 year commit for that receiver and I do not want to do that. I am thinking about switching to TWC. I currently have both internet and home phone with them. It has been several years since I had TWC Cable. How is the HD quality? Is the guide any better? Is the guide in HD yet? What receiver do I want?

Thanks
post #7929 of 7930 Old 08-20-2014, 08:44 AM

Liked: 13
Distorted Audio on WCNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
Exact same issue here. I've heard it on The Blacklist, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Revolution, so it's not specific to only one show, either.
Do you still have the noise issue?
post #7930 of 7930 Old 08-20-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I don't think so. Taxi Brooklyn is the only NBC show I've watched since the season ended for those four shows. I haven't noticed it at all on that show.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page