Charlotte, NC - TWC - Page 271 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
post #8101 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 88
no..I don't ..where is ybsane when you need him..

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MeTv, or AntennaTv; my employer; or its parent company.
Nor my wife for that matter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8102 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
As of May 20th I think the idea to kill analogs is there, that's when Programming Legal Notices was last updated. The QAM shuffle is still in there next week, not sure if they need to kill any analogs to do these particular changes tho, cause I don't know what channel they're moving to

On or after June 9th, Time Warner Cable will be making technical changes to our cable system that may disrupt your ability to view the following unencrypted (“in the clear”) channel on a digital television or other device that includes a QAM tuner (“a ClearQAM device”): WBTV HD, WBTV D2, WHKY, WAXN HD, WNSC, WUNG, Time Warner Cable News. If this occurs, you will need to go into the settings menu on your ClearQAM device and perform a new channel scan in order to resume viewing this channel. Customers using digital cable set-top boxes will not notice any change.

Last edited by jmccurrytech; Yesterday at 02:54 PM.
post #8103 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccurrytech View Post
Ah man... hope they don't put it off, just kill it and get it over with. At least I know we won't see static, killing that many carriers at once would cause the system to go crazier than it already is. Do you know how many they can safely kill at a time?
Charter in Lincolnton shut off all the analog signals except channel 2 (which ran a static notice), encrypted the existing digital channels and moved them to new frequencies, and activated the new digital carriers and channels, all within 2 hours.
post #8104 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox18doe View Post
no..I don't ..where is ybsane when you need him..
They are starting tonight and will be done by June 15th. That's when Google starts in Charlotte...

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
post #8105 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM

Quote:
NONE of the TWC contacts I have could confirm what would actually happen tomorrow ( actually midnite tonight I guess). ..Guess we'll get ready for all the "where did your channel go" emails and calls..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsane View Post
They are starting tonight and will be done by June 15th. That's when Google starts in Charlotte...
Found a TW Guy on break in his car (not a van, a regular passenger vehicle with time warner on it of course). He said the same about analog cut off, said my hub was scheduled for upgrade in late July. Works for me
post #8106 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Found a TW Guy on break in his car (not a van, a regular passenger vehicle with time warner on it of course). He said the same about analog cut off, said my hub was scheduled for upgrade in late July. Works for me
I am curious is TWC upgrading to 860MHz in Charlotte proper? I noticed ke4pym posted a snapshot of his spectrum analyzer page on his SB6183 and he is showing a signal at 861MHz I am guessing this could be part of why 771MHz and 777MHz now have QAM carriers in Charlotte?
post #8107 of 8111 Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Don't see any blue screens yet, but the "This channel is going digital" crawl is coming on a few times an hour on the channels I've looked at. Sad thing is, some people won't even notice, or know what that means.
post #8108 of 8111 Old Today, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
No changes in uptown that I can see.
post #8109 of 8111 Old Today, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Sad thing is, some people won't even notice, or know what that means.
Yep.. and there will be more than one when this actually does happen that are caught off
gaurd and call TWC and all the local stations complaining.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MeTv, or AntennaTv; my employer; or its parent company.
Nor my wife for that matter!
post #8110 of 8111 Old Today, 11:52 AM

Here in the Gastonia system, channel 20 and pretty much every channel 60+ displays the "Get your tv picture back" message. The others are rotating the digital adapter scroll at least a few times an hour.
post #8111 of 8111 Unread Today, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Yep.. and there will be more than one when this actually does happen that are caught off
gaurd and call TWC and all the local stations complaining.

I have a feeling that this will be close to the 2009 digital conversion. For the most part *snore*. A few companies will use TWC's bad press to their advantage and try to drum up subscriptions for themselves (neglecting, of course, to mention that they all need converters too). Some rookie reporter at one of the local stations will do a consumer reporter segment starring the old couple somewhere whose grandson bought them a new HDTV for Christmas but now they need a box to watch anything.

As for me, I'm holding out hope that the extra space will cause TWC to decide to carry more of the digital subnets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page