Charlotte, NC - TWC - Page 284 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #8491 of 8494 Old 08-11-2016, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccurrytech View Post
If they kill promos and retention offers, they could lose 25%+ of customers and still make more than they do now. Plus, they know Google and AT&T aren't going to deploy fiber everywhere in their footprint. Charter appears to be ready to "count their loses" while dragging their feet in terms of upgrades.

The day they downgrade my speed and increase my prices will be the day I move to an apartment in Charlotte that has Google Fiber.
Charlotte, Columbia and the surrounding areas have the new CASA CMTS units so they ready for an all IP Docsis platform, the last ones to be completed was the Laurinburg, Darlington, and Florence hubs. Florence is an old Vision cable system and is being upgraded now in the OSP.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8492 of 8494 Old 08-12-2016, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsane View Post
Charlotte, Columbia and the surrounding areas have the new CASA CMTS units so they ready for an all IP Docsis platform, the last ones to be completed was the Laurinburg, Darlington, and Florence hubs. Florence is an old Vision cable system and is being upgraded now in the OSP.
Well it looks like they are killing the retention offers. They just raised my rate taking away one of the smaller discounts after only 6 months. While we enjoyed the free speed bump from 17 to 60mbps there has been a whole summer of down and up connections. They replaced coax both outside and inside the house I've been told but the problem went away when they replaced the recently installed cable modem. They also informed me they charge extra for WiFi so I told them to disable it and I would use my own router.

After all this I looked at my bill and found they had charged me $50 to make the repairs. I managed to get them to take that off the bill but they wouldn't give me the discount again even though they said the month before they would reinstate it. My issue isn't so much the taking away of the small discount, as much as I wonder what they will raise the price to next January, when we usually do our yearly negotiations. Last January I was able to talk them down from $170 a month for Standard TV-Standard Internet-Phone, to 141.61. The new rate is only a few dollars more but at some point I feel the need to say stop.

It might be a good idea or the dumbest thing I've done lately but AT&T will be at my house to install U-Verse in about a week. There is a fiber hut about a half mile away so I won't get as fast a connection, it will be back down to the 18mbps I had before the TWC speed increase. A couple of years ago they dug up the phone lines to remove the old coils they once had to use for the POTS lines. So will see how it works over old copper.

I've had TWC for internet since 2001 and the TV-internet-phone bundle since 2012. I know they need to make money but I'm tired of the service problems and rate increases.

A long time ago probably more than 10 years ago I was in one of the underground BellSouth facilities that is on Independence near Margret Wallace. They had fiber out there then so it's my hope that AT&T will wake up and install more fiber in the neighborhoods. I'm probably dreaming but I read an article that said financially AT&T is in a better position to offer fiber than Google. Time will tell and Google is taking way too long.
post #8493 of 8494 Old 08-15-2016, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4DXL View Post
Well it looks like they are killing the retention offers. They just raised my rate taking away one of the smaller discounts after only 6 months. While we enjoyed the free speed bump from 17 to 60mbps there has been a whole summer of down and up connections. They replaced coax both outside and inside the house I've been told but the problem went away when they replaced the recently installed cable modem. They also informed me they charge extra for WiFi so I told them to disable it and I would use my own router.

After all this I looked at my bill and found they had charged me $50 to make the repairs. I managed to get them to take that off the bill but they wouldn't give me the discount again even though they said the month before they would reinstate it. My issue isn't so much the taking away of the small discount, as much as I wonder what they will raise the price to next January, when we usually do our yearly negotiations. Last January I was able to talk them down from $170 a month for Standard TV-Standard Internet-Phone, to 141.61. The new rate is only a few dollars more but at some point I feel the need to say stop.

It might be a good idea or the dumbest thing I've done lately but AT&T will be at my house to install U-Verse in about a week. There is a fiber hut about a half mile away so I won't get as fast a connection, it will be back down to the 18mbps I had before the TWC speed increase. A couple of years ago they dug up the phone lines to remove the old coils they once had to use for the POTS lines. So will see how it works over old copper.

I've had TWC for internet since 2001 and the TV-internet-phone bundle since 2012. I know they need to make money but I'm tired of the service problems and rate increases.

A long time ago probably more than 10 years ago I was in one of the underground BellSouth facilities that is on Independence near Margret Wallace. They had fiber out there then so it's my hope that AT&T will wake up and install more fiber in the neighborhoods. I'm probably dreaming but I read an article that said financially AT&T is in a better position to offer fiber than Google. Time will tell and Google is taking way too long.
AT&T is installing fiber on my street off Carmel near Johnston.
W4DXL likes this.
post #8494 of 8494 Old Today, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Decided to wait for Gigapower or Google Fiber. Plan to switch cancelled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page