Charlotte, NC - TWC - Page 285 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

Old 11-29-2016, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxcom View Post
I also use a TIVO but the tuning adapter was not working this morning and the light was flashing.
Operator error?

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MeTv, or AntennaTv; my employer; or its parent company.
Nor my wife for that matter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet2029 View Post
Personally reverted to the old way of letting the arrow keys control seeing what's on the current channel now/later or other channels without leaving that channel instead. Didn't like that you lose that. The rest of it seems nice.
I used that on occasion as well... as you've noted it's no longer an option since the direction keys now bring up "Recently Viewed" (up/down buttons) or the top menu (left/right buttons). The old method of navigating the guide via the directional keys was a MUCH more useful utilization of those keys, IMO.

I'm not sure I will ever have any use for the new Recently Viewed feature (seems like a poor excuse to show off all the pretty but useless graphics), and we really didn't need ANOTHER way to access the Top Menu (Menu or A buttons weren't enough?) that I never used anyway (I have my Harmony remotes Menu buttons set to directly access Settings). Not only that, now every time the box is turned on, I have to look at that useless menu for several seconds, and I have not found a way to defeat this "feature".

Meanwhile, the always aggravating bug remains that makes DVR playback stop and pop out to the menu if you use 3x or 4x FF near (but not all the way to) the end of a show, and they have not reinstated the ability (that was lost in ODN 7) to Rewind back into the show from that unwanted menu.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 8.0.0_21
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet2029 View Post
Personally reverted to the old way of letting the arrow keys control seeing what's on the current channel now/later or other channels without leaving that channel instead. Didn't like that you lose that. The rest of it seems nice.
Discovered that if you disable the Recently Viewed feature in the Settings menu, the old guide navigation within the banner is restored...

/Settings/Display/Recently Viewed

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 8.0.0_21
Old Today, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post
Discovered that if you disable the Recently Viewed feature in the Settings menu, the old guide navigation within the banner is restored...

/Settings/Display/Recently Viewed
Yeah that's how I did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement