Bad news for Triad, NC area ABC fans... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-08-2002, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Last night on a whim, I did an OTA scan on my HD box. I found WXLV45 up & running on 29-1 and -2. The "HD" sub channel on 29-1 had no picture or sound, while the "SD" sub had badly mulitpathed video with DD2.0 sound. Good, right?

Today I called the enginneer at WXLV to thank them for getting the digital channel up and ask if there was anything I could do to help from a feedback standpoint. Frank and I talked for about 1/2 an hour, and he told me that even though he just spent $5.5 million on equipment, the corporate wing of WXLV would not give up an additional $45,000 for the piece of equipment that allows transmission of a HD signal. He says there will probably not be HD-ABC from them this year, if not longer.

I told him to hang in there, that I understand that all involved are learning on the fly, but this really disappoints me. I was really looking forward to ABC's full prime time lineup, and have been counting the days until 5/1 mainly for the ABC feed. I hope Frank was wrong about no HD this year, but the way the business end runs these poor TV stations, I'm not holding my breath.

:(
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page