post #3811 of 3817 Old 02-01-2017, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpitz View Post
You can also try to switch the ports on the spliter in the cable box outside. Are the cables similar is length? or is one much farther than the other?
The cabling goes through the walls to the living room and den. I would imagine the living room cabling is longer (that's where the TV with issues is) since it is farther away from where the splitter is outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3812 of 3817 Old 02-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Is it a balanced splitter? Some splitters attenuate the signal differently in each port, supposed to be marked on the label next to each port how much the attenuation is.

post #3813 of 3817 Old 02-02-2017, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpitz View Post
Is it a balanced splitter? Some splitters attenuate the signal differently in each port, supposed to be marked on the label next to each port how much the attenuation is.
Looks like I jumped the gun. When I started testing channels last night they all came through just fine so it looks like either the signal was temporarily bad the first couple days or the TV just took a while to lock them all in. Very happy now and my new TV has a TV guide built in, the last one didn't and I missed it a lot. Thanks for the help!

post #3814 of 3817 Old 02-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Cool, I'm moving next month to my new house, so will be mounting the antenna in the attic and see how, if any, reception I get. I'll be very happy dumping cable again. Going to also look into CenturyLink for internet access, need to dump Comcrap completely, bunch of slimy sleazeballs, but i digress... lol

CenturyLink told me they may bring over 1gbps service to the area in spring 2018.

post #3815 of 3817 Old 02-17-2017, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know with a large directional and a preamp can you get Phoenix locals down in Vail? Looking at the contor maps, it looks like it's possible on the NW side of town where their signals begin to fall off.
post #3816 of 3817 Old 03-09-2017, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azusaguy View Post
Thanks for the reply. I think there's definitely some terrain maskin going on, which I guess shouldn't be surprising given how many land masses are between my house and the tower. The antenna is at least 30 feet of the ground, so I'm not sure going any higher would help. But it might. As soon as I'm allowed to I'm going to post all my radar graphs for communal ingestion and help.

Does anyone know if Fox is planning to erect a repeater any time soon?

Also, is it odd I can't get the CW? My understanding is the Winegard 8200U is one of the best OTA antennas out there and should pick up the signal. Again, i wish I could post links so you could see where I am.
I use a DB8e antenna and channelmaster rotator and live on the west side of the Tucson Mountains. I get everything except KGUN. It is just to weak.
The antenna you are using is not the best.
post #3817 of 3817 Unread Today, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else been seeing black lines on CBS/KOLD with Direct TV? Been happening for around three weeks now and it's very annoying. Here are some screens from Elementary on 3-26-17.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ele1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	2053521   Click image for larger version

Name:	ele2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	2053537   Click image for larger version

Name:	ele3.jpg
Views:	3