Wilkes Barre, PA - HDTV - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 701 Old 05-02-2003, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I get the same thing. I posted twice that Adelphia would soon be carrying HD. My one post just disappeared into thin air and the other had a sentence or two removed. Now I like Mark and Stu, but why the hell would they edit that out?

Jeff

Blu-ray Insider -- Compression and Authoring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 701 Old 05-03-2003, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

I don't know why he edits anything I can understand if there is profanity or something like that!
But In my response to his home theater I said Know that we know your a D* sub, are you willing to pay 10$ a month as has been speculated here.
Boom gone edited out, yet he continues to allow posts about Locals on Satellite and equipment go unanswered or left with ridiculous answers!

Every time someone posts about Locals on Sat., I send a response saying contact your Sat. provider and ask them, or what did D* or E* say, he cuts it or doesn't post it at all.

Yes by the way I have it on very good authority that Adelphia is within a few months of launching an HD Tier...This is great news especially with The D* HD situation as it is now!

E* is looking like a good choice for HD now, Quoted to have 7 HD channels by summer!

Take care

Wake me when HD gets Here!
post #243 of 701 Old 05-04-2003, 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jsb_hburg
I tried using a 100 inch long 31 or 32 element closeout Radio Shack antenna and these channels register 0 to 11% signal strength. We are about 40 miles from the tower.

About 50 feet of RG-6 cable connects the VHF antenna to the VHF/UHF pre-amp on the UHF antenna about 20 to 25 feet apart.

Any suggestions on an antenna to pull in WYOU and WBRE from about 40 miles?

Thanks in advance

jsb_hburg,

I live near Lake Wallenpaupack so I'm about 35 miles from their transmitters. I'm using a Jerrrold VIP-307SR VHF antenna, which is probably the biggest one you can get. It is mounted 25' about my roof and I still can't receive WBRE-DT or WYOU-DT.

I had scaffolding setup on the roof to erect the mast and antennas, so while I was up there I hooked up a portable digital field strength meter directly to the antenna terminals and did not have even a fraction of the signal necessary to receive their digital signals. However, 100000watts.com has both stations listed as running on a STA with only 1.45KW of output. Their permit is for 30KW so I am hopeful that I will be able to receive them in the future.

Before using the Jerrold I was using a fairly large Winegard VHF antenna. Changing to the Jerrold really cleaned up my reception of channel 12 in Binghamton, so if you are getting some signal now, maybe upgrading to an antenna with more gain will get you there.

Also, what kind of preamp or amp are you using and is it located right on the mast adjacent to the antenna or is it in the house? If not on the mast now, I highly recommend the Channel Master Titan series of mast-mounted preamps.

-John
post #244 of 701 Old 05-04-2003, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

John,

We ultimately increased the height of the ChannelMaster eight-bay bowtie by about 10 feet to improve the signal strength of the HDTV signals. Spending perhaps another $600 just to get DTV signals from WBRE and WYOU and possibly not pulling them in seemed like insult upon injury. We had thought about spending another $200 on a quality antenna and up to $400 on new Zenith STB.

My communications with the chief engineer did not sound promising either. He said that they were operating at one-third full power, implying 10 Kw. So, we concentrated on UHF for now since HDTV is present there at least. When WBRE and WYOU join today's technology completely, we will install a new antenna. I am very disappointed but that is Nexstar for ya'.

We are using a mast-mounted Titan2 pre-amp (UHF/VHF). I highly recommend them as well.

Regards,
Joe

Going "over the top" with OTA, Netflix, Drobo FS and Apple TV!
post #245 of 701 Old 05-04-2003, 08:05 PM

Joe,

I certainly agree with the "insult to injury" theory. Last fall I was excited that WNEP-DT was on the air and WBRE and WYOU were soon to follow, so I foolishly went out and bought a new HDTV. ABC HD was great, so I even more foolishly bought a STB and DVHS recorder so I could time-shift some of our favorite programs, still thinking WYOU and WBRE would not be far behind. When winter finally broke I hopped up on the roof to install the new extra-large VHF antenna and it didn't help. Here it is, six months and thousands of dollars later and all I can receive is ABC and PBS. Man, am I p'd off.

At any rate, I just checked the FCC database at http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?state...&mlon2=&slon2= and it seems to indicate that thay are only operating at 1.45KW. I'm still hopeful that when they increase their power I will be able to receive them.

I haven't gotten a reply from their engineer in my last few emails. Do you have any idea when they plan to increase their output?

Happy HDTV'ing

-John
post #246 of 701 Old 05-05-2003, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by jhutchey
Joe,
Here it is, six months and thousands of dollars later and all I can receive is ABC and PBS. Man, am I p'd off.

Unfortunately I am about to make it worse for NEPA!

As we have probably already noticed FOX 56 was not on the air May 1st,
although I was told they would be! Now apparently information available to me is....SEPTEMBER 1st!!!!!! The Damn FCC gave them an extension, or so they say I have yet to look this up.

That being said The situation with the Nexstar stations wont change anytime soon unless we all start calling everyday, and get our voices out!
The president of one of these stations told me and I quote "we will not be passing along HD until the market can support it." To which I replied how are you going to measure when the market can support it, to which I got no answer!....Man it sucks being 2 places out of the top 50!

So with this info we need to start a process of telling ourselves everyday to pick up the phone, send emails untill the boxes are full to get our message out there! If we spend thousands of dollars on TV then we also spend plenty of money on other things that the advertisers who buy time on these Non-HD stations! lets let them know we wont be buying from them and let them put some pressure on the stations as well!

As WNEP's web site opinion on HD says...Its still too expensive for the average person, so if we are upscale (Ugh I cant believe I said that!)
Then lets do as they do and start some commotion!

God I'm all fired up now!

post #247 of 701 Old 05-06-2003, 08:47 AM

chezbrgr2,

who have you been contacting for WYOU and WBRE (Nexstar). I would like to email them my dissapointment as well. My emails direct to WYOU or WBRE hardly ever get answered, and if they do its a "not in the near future for HDTV"

As far as there digital upconverted signal, i hardly ever get it, i get WNEP and WVIA fine with my OTA, but only if the wind blows the right way will i pick up WYOU or WVIA.

Heres the information I pulled up from the FCC's website on extensions, it shows wolf as getting an extension until 9/25/03.

dave

Application Search Details
File Number: BEPCDT-20021030AAF
Call Sign: WOLF-TV
Facility Id: 73375
FRN: 0002209013
Applicant Name: WOLF LICENSE CORP.
Frequency:
Channel: 45
Community of License: HAZLETON, PA
Application Type: CP EXTENSION
Status Date: 03/25/2003
Expiration Date: 09/25/2003
Tolling Code:
Application Service: DT
Disposed Date: 03/25/2003
Accepted Date: 10/31/2002
Last Public Notice: 04/01/2003
Last Report Number: 45454
post #248 of 701 Old 05-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member

Dave,

When I speak to anyone at WBRE or WYOU, I always speak with both Engineering and Programming directors if I can On the same call.
Barry, and Bob at WBRE eng. are both very helpful.

As far as E-mails go read this..........

To:
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 10:18 AM
Subject: hdtv

Please excuse the tardiness of my note. Your e-mail just surfaced from an accumulated pile of viewer comments/suggestions.

Our decision not to go full HDTV was not a lightly debated issue. As soon as there are enough digital HDTV sets in the market, we'll make that conversion quickly. This is an enormous financial undertaking as you probably realize. As the penetration of digital/HDTV receivers increases, we'll look at our timetable to convert and adjust it accordingly.

Very truly yours,

Lawrence P. Herbster
Vice President and General Manager
WBRE-TV

lparri@nbga.net

Hope this helps, Just remember they are our airwaves they are broadcasting on, and they do want to please us, but only when its convenient for them!

At WYOU I send emails to

22jditt@nbga.net <22jditt@nbga.net>

Talk to you soon....happy e-mailing

Lou

post #249 of 701 Old 05-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Hey all!

Thought I would post a most recent response from WYOU TV concerning HD transmission....read on........

Thank you for your inquiry. We are not alone, as many
medium to smaller ranked markets have also chosen to
broadcast a SD digital signal for now. Until an array of
technical issues relating to the broadcast of local HDTV
and standardization of HDTV sets/tuners for the consumer
are addressed, we, like hundreds of other broadcasters,
are not yet ready to go full blown HDTV. Mission
Broadcasting stations, which include WYOU; as well as,
those owned by Nexstar Broadcasting, including WBRE, have
opted to transmit SD until such a time that consumer
demand and technical standards reach a point that
justifies the financial commitment.
I have also passed your email on to our chief engineer
should they wish to provide you with additional comment.
I appreciate your interest and WYOU/Mission looks forward
to providing viewers with full blown digital in the
future.
Sincerely,

On Thu, 8 May 2003 08:11:41 -0400

And then My own response,

Mr. D,

Originally after reading your reply I was not going to respond, but after
taking a Second look at it I feel I must for it is filled with inaccurate
information.

First of all out of 210 DMA listed in this country we are ranked No 52. Your
first comment was medium to smaller ranked markets! I'm sorry but we seem to
be in the top 25% of all DMA's in this country, therefore I would hardly
consider your viewing market medium to small!

Secondly you stated " an array of technical issues relating to broadcast of
Local HDTV", do you mean seeing our local news in HD! I certainly am not
expecting to see that anytime soon!, However I am interested in seeing you
pass along your Networks HD feed , that the are sending to you on a daily
basis! Sources within your organization have told me WYOU is all ready to
"Flip the HD switch but WBRE is not" If this is true I would have preferred
you had said that.

Thirdly standardization of HDTV sets is not a broadcasters concern! The FCC
has already set down guidelines for this. Currently there are several
options for anyone who has a digital TV to see HDTV!
OTA tuners have been sold in this area for as little as 249.99, and will
continue to be! Anyone who buys a Zenith TV 32 inch or larger will already
have a DTV tuner built inside! Anyone who currently owns a HD DirecTV tuner
already has the equipment they need to get HDTV signals! The problem is the
market will not "explode" until you stop sending a SD signal and send an HD
one! Several hundred phone calls and inquiries are taken by myself each week
about who is HD and who not!

As someone with a bit of an Engineering background could you tell me by what
process it is that your station is able to send out a 480p SD signal but yet
is unable to send out your networks 1080i feed.! Is it an equipment problem?
Maybe your engineer can e-mail me.

In closing I thank you for your response and look forward to continued
communication on this matter. I think that with the right information
broadcasters from every area can get an accurate picture of what the public
is doing.
I for one would love to be watching some of my favorite shows on CBS in
HDTV, alas I end up watching mediocre shows on ABC because the are in HD!
Please endeavor to accomplish HD by football season, CBS has done HD for a
few years now, it would be a shame to miss it this year.

Thank you for your time,

Well thats all for this week NEPA......see ya

post #250 of 701 Old 05-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Guys copied this from another thread hope this helps someone!

For Immediate Release CONTACT: Megan Krause
610/ 826-9283

BLUE RIDGE COMMUNICATIONS BECOMES
LARGEST PROVIDER OF HDTV PROGRAMMING IN AREA

(Palmerton, PA - May 7, 2003) Blue Ridge Communications customers in Monroe, Carbon, Lehigh, Wayne, Pike, Lehigh, Berks and Northern Lancaster counties have found themselves on the forefront of the high definition revolution. In one swift move, Blue Ridge added four new high definition TV (HDTV) channels to their Blue Ridge HDTV service today, giving the local cable TV company the distinction of becoming one of the largest providers of HDTV programming in the world.

The four new channels, ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater, HD Net and HD Movies, are offered as part of Blue Ridge's new HDTV Plus package, bringing the total number of high definition channels available on the service to 10 networks.

Blue Ridge customers can access high definition programming on their HDTV-ready television sets by subscribing to Blue Ridge Digital Cable and leasing an advanced HDTV set top. The HDTV Basic package includes the HD set-top lease and high definition programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, HBO and Showtime. A subscription to HBO or Showtime is required to receive HBO HDTV and Showtime HDTV, respectively.

Blue Ridge's HDTV Plus package offers 10 channels of HDTV programming, including the four new HD channels as well as those featured in the HDTV Basic package. Current Blue Ridge HDTV customers will receive a free trial of the new HD channels now through May 31, 2003.

In addition, Blue Ridge plans to add Comcast Sports Net HD, featuring select Philadelphia Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games in high definition format, this fall.

This is a monumental move for high definition TV and the cable industry. We are elated to be one of the first cable TV providers to offer such a substantial package of HD programming, said Mark Masenheimer, General Manager of Blue Ridge Communications.

High definition programming offers greater picture quality by using substantially more lines of resolution than standard TV programming. HDTV programming typically has about 1,080 active lines of resolution, as compared to approximately 486 lines in analog TV programming. Select HD programming also features Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound audio.

Digital cable and HDTV services are subject to availability. Customers should contact their local Blue Ridge Communications office for details.

Blue Ridge Communications is the nation's 21st largest cable TV provider and a wholly owned subsidiary of Pencor Services, Inc. Pencor is a leader in the development and introduction of media and communications technology throughout Northeast Pennsylvania. Pencor companies provide new media content and advertising services via cable TV, newspapers and the Internet.

WOW GO BLUE RIDGE....
Funny thing though I dont know if they are using WNEP for ABC!

post #251 of 701 Old 05-19-2003, 09:05 PM

I want Blue Ridge! Hell with Adelphia. I'm sure Adelphia will screw things up when they roll out their HD channels this year. I'm so close to some of the counties Blue Ridge serves that I feel like moving.

I have one BIG question which applies to Adelphia too. Are the ABC, CBS, and NBC feeds the national HD feeds or the local HD feeds? It's not a big issue for ABC, but it is for CBS and NBC. Can someone clarify the matter for me.

Thanks,
Jeff

post #252 of 701 Old 05-20-2003, 05:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Williams

Can someone clarify the matter for me.

I will just as soon as Blue Ridge Opens this am!

Again I dont think its WBRE, WYOU, WNEP. I dont see how it could be!

But we Shall See!

post #253 of 701 Old 05-22-2003, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Here is the confirmation from Blue ridge about HD services, as I suspected they are using Philly HD networks.

I hope this wakes up WBRE and WYOU maybe WNEP as well, but WNEP for power reasons.

I tried to post this PRESS release on WNEP' Discussion board but was once again censored, more than likely because WNEP wasn't chosen, or used as part of the package.

Even though Mark S. was posting Blue ridge would be one of the first cable systems in our area to carry their Digital signal..........NOT!

Here is the response........................
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email. Within the next couple of days our web site
will be updated to include our new level of HD service which includes our
new channel additions. Please check www.brctv.com in a couple of days for
the upgrade. The network affiliates are as follows

ABC- WPVI 6 PHILADELPHIA
NBC- WCAU 10 PHILADELPHIA
CBS- KYW 3 PHILADELPHIA

Desiree
Customer Service
Blue Ridge Communications
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There ya go!

post #254 of 701 Old 05-22-2003, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the update on the locals. I hope that Adelphia makes a similar move when they launch. I would rather have NY locals, but Philly's good.

Did anyone ever receive a good explanation for why Mark edits out posts on the WNEP board? I know personally I do not bother posting much their now because it will more than likely get taken off. It's a shame.

Jeff

post #255 of 701 Old 05-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Williams

Did anyone ever receive a good explanation for why Mark edits out posts on the WNEP board?

Jeff

I think he changes his mind everyday on whats acceptable to post and whats not.
I sent him the blue ridge info and he refused to post it!
Yet he lets misinformation about D* and DTV be posted all the time!

I will never understand I guess. Other than maybe he is uninformed about certain issues as well.

For instance Adelphia and HD, he wont post any of it, so I post it here when I get it.

By the way a quick call to Adelphia might be helpful, I have been hearing June might be a possibility for upgraded areas to get HD!

BTW here is a E-mail I sent to WYOU just Today......................

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought you might like to read this, I would surmise that absolutely no one with a digital TV on Blue ridge CableTV will ever again be watching WYOU until you Go HD!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Immediate Release CONTACT: Megan Krause
610/ 826-9283

BLUE RIDGE COMMUNICATIONS BECOMES
LARGEST PROVIDER OF HDTV PROGRAMMING IN AREA

(Palmerton, PA - May 7, 2003) Blue Ridge Communications customers in Monroe, Carbon, Lehigh, Wayne, Pike, Lehigh, Berks and Northern Lancaster counties have found themselves on the forefront of the high definition revolution. In one swift move, Blue Ridge added four new high definition TV (HDTV) channels to their Blue Ridge HDTV service today, giving the local cable TV company the distinction of becoming one of the largest providers of HDTV programming in the world.

The four new channels, ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater, HD Net and HD Movies, are offered as part of Blue Ridge's new HDTV Plus package, bringing the total number of high definition channels available on the service to 10 networks.

Blue Ridge customers can access high definition programming on their HDTV-ready television sets by subscribing to Blue Ridge Digital Cable and leasing an advanced HDTV set top. The HDTV Basic package includes the HD set-top lease and high definition programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, HBO and Showtime. A subscription to HBO or Showtime is required to receive HBO HDTV and Showtime HDTV, respectively.

Blue Ridge's HDTV Plus package offers 10 channels of HDTV programming, including the four new HD channels as well as those featured in the HDTV Basic package. Current Blue Ridge HDTV customers will receive a free trial of the new HD channels now through May 31, 2003.

In addition, Blue Ridge plans to add Comcast Sports Net HD, featuring select Philadelphia Flyers, Sixers and Phillies games in high definition format, this fall.

This is a monumental move for high definition TV and the cable industry. We are elated to be one of the first cable TV providers to offer such a substantial package of HD programming, said Mark Masenheimer, General Manager of Blue Ridge Communications.

High definition programming offers greater picture quality by using substantially more lines of resolution than standard TV programming. HDTV programming typically has about 1,080 active lines of resolution, as compared to approximately 486 lines in analog TV programming. Select HD programming also features Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound audio.

Digital cable and HDTV services are subject to availability. Customers should contact their local Blue Ridge Communications office for details.

Blue Ridge Communications is the nation's 21st largest cable TV provider and a wholly owned subsidiary of Pencor Services, Inc. Pencor is a leader in the development and introduction of media and communications technology throughout Northeast Pennsylvania. Pencor companies provide new media content and advertising services via cable TV, newspapers and the Internet.

The network affiliates are as follows

ABC- WPVI 6 PHILADELPHIA
NBC- WCAU 10 PHILADELPHIA
CBS- KYW 3 PHILADELPHIA

-------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will spur WYOU and MISSION or NEXSTAR or whatever you are now to change their opinion of HD.
Now while all of CBS primetime, and sporting events viewers are watching another affiliate for HD, you can explain to advertisers whats going on!

While I don't relish handing this to you, I have no way of sending an E-mail to Nexstar directly, if you would care to send me some Info on that I will be glad to communicate with them also.
However I suspect that with 24, or 25 stations across the country, Nexstar isn't looking to be E-mailed on the subject, Hence the lame website with no way to contact anyone at their office, without calling Long distance, Or Writing a letter,(Wow technology wake up call here!).

Thank you Again for you time.
Sincerely

Thats all for now!

post #256 of 701 Old 05-22-2003, 09:22 AM

Here's an update on Adelphia. I spoke to one of their reps this morning and I was told that he has asked their general manager about HD being rolled out and he was told it should happen in June. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!!
post #257 of 701 Old 05-29-2003, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

I know this doesn't have much to do with HDTV but i think it goes a long way in showing the attitude of NEXTSTAR and why we don't have CBS, and NBC in HD in this area now.

Not only do they think there are no HDTV viewers, apparently the think there are no satellite viewers willing to pay D* or E* for local services without them!

Read this link........WBRE & WYOU ARROGANCE!

Well what do we think of them Now! Time to start calling again as I know a few of Us here have satellites!

Thanks to Mark for sending me the Link!

post #258 of 701 Old 05-29-2003, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member

Just for the record here is and E-mail from WBRE...

The e-mail I sent was about HDTV and how ridiculous it was that they couldn't even do the D* thing the right way, here is the response I got back!

In response to your e-mail inquiry, you are correct in stating that we have not struck an agreement with the DISH network for them to carry our signal on their satellite service. Negotiations for a fair per subscriber fee have broken off with our corporate offices. There's a very simple reason why WNEP has struck a deal with DISH: the electronic equipment necessary to enable DISH to insert local signals into the satellite service is located at WNEP's building and a retransmission deal was, very likely, wrapped around the right to place and operate their equipment at WNEP's location.

We are hopeful that, at some point in the future, a mutually agreeable agreement will be achieved between WBRE and DISH Network to allow our signal to be carried on their satellite service.

Thanks!

Larry Herbster

Wow WBRE's official response is a whine that WNEP had it easy in this!
Now that was to me, but read the article above and you will see its all about the MIGHTY DOLLAR LARRY, NICE TRY!

post #259 of 701 Old 06-03-2003, 12:43 PM

Well, since the big announcement came today about HD on Directv I hope Adelphia gets their butts in gear and does something with HD already. If you are an Adelphia customer and still waiting please call and advise them of what Directv is offering. I called today and questioned when HD would be rolled out and the rep said that they don't have any info on this yet. It's funny because when I called just two weeks ago I was told to call back in June becuase it should have been released and ready to go. COme July I may be taking my money elsewhere!
post #260 of 701 Old 06-03-2003, 02:56 PM

Just got off the phone with a rep from Adelphia. According to her and another rep, their target date is 2006!! Adelphia can piss off if they think I am going to wait that long! My anger level has just risen.

Jeff

post #261 of 701 Old 06-03-2003, 03:29 PM

2006???? If that's the case they are going to lose a lot of customers. This time the dish might totally wipe them out. I went back once because they made huge improvements and caught up to the dish and in my area at the time passed the dish with what they offered. If they don't offer HD soon I will be leaving cable again and will not return.

The biggest problem is that you could get 10 different stories from 10 different reps when you call there. It seems like nobody knows anything.
post #262 of 701 Old 06-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Well as we all know by now the preverbial "cat is out of the bag" today as it relates to D*, that being said here is my new plan!

I will pay directv and adelphia until September 1ST!

On Sept 1st whom ever has the better deal will get my buisness,...period, end of story!

I will also take great pleasure in informing adelphia they are about to lose the 1250 dollars I pay them a year if they dont get their HD A** out of the dirt!!!!

I suggest we all do the same!

June 3rd a Great day In HD history!

post #263 of 701 Old 06-03-2003, 05:42 PM

ok, here's the latest on Adelphia....

When I got home from work today there was a message on my machine from the rep that I had spoken to earlier. It looks like informing them of my intentions to leave for satellite if Adelphia doesn't get HD actually caused someone to look into things a bit further. Anyway he spoke to the General Manager who told him that HD is definitely going to be offered and that the boxes have been ordered. He also said that the launch will be in the 3rd quarter of this year. He said that there were no definite channel lineups or pricing available at this time, but they will have it. I guess we'll see.....that is if there are any cable customers who want hd left by then!!!
post #264 of 701 Old 06-03-2003, 09:44 PM

I think I may call again tomorrow and harass them some more. I figure it can't hurt and maybe, just maybe we'll speed up the process of getting HD here and sometime this decade.

Jeff

post #265 of 701 Old 06-04-2003, 08:46 AM

I think the only way we'll get it is to keep calling them and telling them we want it and if we don't get and get it soon we will take our money and give it to Directv instead. If enough people call they will get the message!
post #266 of 701 Old 06-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

9:04 PM..................

Sadly we seem to have lost our only HD station in the area!
WNEP is off the air during Game 1 Of the NBA finals!

I called and they said they were sending someone out to the tower!

That can't be good, we shall see!

post #267 of 701 Old 06-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Fixed By 10:00.........

Good Job Guys!

post #268 of 701 Old 07-05-2003, 07:57 PM

Any new updates? I haven't heard anything other than all the local are now on DirecTV. It's not an HDTV update, but it is a step forward for the area.

Jeff

post #269 of 701 Old 07-09-2003, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Only update is, besides no one in NEPA reads this section of the board is, I am told WYOU is currently in the orcess of running a fiber optic line to the tower, this i am told will allow both WBRE, and WYOU to start sending an HD signal.
When I asked about the Superbowl being able to be shown in HD, i was told Ohhh it will be done by then!

Take it for what its worth!

post #270 of 701 Old 07-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Spoke with a high level source at FOX 56 today and he informed me that when they go digital they will be in 720P! this is good news because it puts them in line with the recent Fox network HD announcement.

He also said the plan was to be on the air September 1st, unless they are granted another waiver. Although they are asking for it FOX 56 source did state they all "Would like to go on anyway to remain competitive".

Thats all for now.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page