Heads up Portland-KATU Digital - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-09-2002, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
KATU is having problems, I turned on my 6000 tonight and noticed that KATU had vanished from my Program Guide. As I was trying to figure out what happened to it, I saw that KPTV said 30-01 CH1. I thought KPTV had a new channel identifier and when I tuned it in, it was ABC.

I went into setup and deleted the channel and did a manual DTV insertion with channel 30 and it was KPTV. When I went through and did an auto scan, it would pick up KATU as 30-01 and put CH1 as the identifier again. I tried manually assigning again and on channel 30 I would get KPTV but on channel 43 I would get an association back to channel 30 again and it would be KATU.

So at this point, take your choice which one you want to watch. If you want KPTV, go in and manually add channel 30, if you want ABC then do an autoscan or manually add channel 43 and it will become 30 for now.

I've sent KATU an email to alert them to this problem.

Edited, sorry for the 45, should have been 43.

You measure your TV in INCHES? How cute! 9.16 Ft Diagonally, Yeah, Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-09-2002, 10:32 PM
Advanced Member

Hey Marissadad,

I can corroborate this. Aside from "channel 45" really being channel 43 (as that is KATU's digital channel), this virtually mirrors what I observed around 7pm this evening.

When I first powered on my 6000 in the living room, I saw channel 43 listed specifically in the guide. When I attempted to tune to it, the entire UI was frozen for a few seconds, to the point where nothing on screen was updating, and nothing I pressed on the remote caused anything to change. However, once the signal arrived, it remapped itself to channel 30, but I still had no picture.

I didn't try much to get the picture, instead focusing my efforts on properly mapping channel 43. I kept trying to remove/add the channels - first KPTV, then KATU, but KATU kept mapping itself to 30. I finally just gave up and left KATU off the guide.

Now, I'm at the 6000 in the bedroom. Channel 2 was still listed when browsing, but when tuning to it… once again, at first the UI froze, but after a few seconds, the picture came in this time; however, the channel was instead listed as its default channel 43. I then tuned to a satellite channel to get my program guide to update, then tried to go back to 43... now it's gone. Instead, once again, channel 30 is listed as "CH-1." *shrug*

What possible excuse could they have for this?!
-Moorebid
post #3 of 3 Old 04-10-2002, 07:16 AM

LOL :D I can just picture all of us "frantically" trying to remap our boxes at the same time. I don't know why I think that's funny....but it is.

I experienced the same thing last night. I thought it might be a problem with my Samsung SIR-T150 but that seems not to be the case. I gave up trying to make logic of it after about 15 min., though I'm very curious as to what they were doing at KATU.

Scott
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page