Forum Jump: 

Old 10-30-2009, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dresf View Post

Any word on how that will affect our DVR's? I assume we will have to go in and manually change the channels and the series recordings?

I don't think you'll have to do anything. I remember when SciFi went from channel 70 to 50 and the recordings automatically went to channel 50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2009, 05:21 PM

Did anyone know about this? I was watching Fox Sports Kansas City tonight and they are now showing Oklahoma City Thunder games!!! The first one is against Portland. I looked on my DVR channel list and found that they are also showing Tuesday's game against the Lakers.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:52 PM

I have seen articles that Cox is moving to tru2way compatible systems in different markets; and that at least some manufacturers are building tru2way equipment. Does anyone know IF Cox will implement tru2way in the Wichita market anytime in the next, say, 12 mos? 24 mos?
Old 11-04-2009, 03:07 PM

I think that Cox tends to roll out new technologies on all of their systems. They are so big that it will take them a while. New technologies always seem to make it to all of their systems eventually. I like to check out the programming thread quite a bit and remember of the Cox thread that the Virginia systems are the first to get the tru-2-way technology. There was also a recent post that they will be getting DOCSYS 3 pretty soon too. I'm guessing that a lot of these upgrades are expensive enough that they can only do one region at a time.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:54 AM

DOCSIS 3 is coming to Wichita next year. I can't wait.

Also ESPN360 is available to Cox customers now!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:52 AM

What is ESPN360?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarper View Post

What is ESPN360?

ESPN360 is the internet sports network by ESPN, which broadcasts live games from across the country.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea20 View Post

I wonder why CNBC doesn't match up. SD is 53 and HD is 2679. Maybe it will be changed between now and then.

They've updated the November Channel Listing so CNBC HD will now be 2053.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:58 PM

Cox is adding about 13 new HD Channels next week.

Looks like multi-room DVR's have been scratched for now. The boxes were Scientific Atlanta boxes and they suck. Also if a customer wanted to use the service if they launch it, they would have to remove all their Moto boxes and put in SA boxes.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:07 PM

If that's true, then they need to do something else regarding the storage space on their DVRs. My understanding was that these new boxes would have come with at least double the current 160GB. With all the HD channels, 160GB just isn't enough storage, and they've disabled all external methods to add storage.

All of their competitors either have DVRs that come with more space (usually 500-1000GB) and/or the ability to add external storage. The last time I talked to Cox, they had no intention of adding space or the ability for external storage. They were completely hoping that these new boxes would solve this problem. So... now what?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:52 AM

First time poster....

I have an HTPC (Hauppauge 1250/2250 tuners, Win 7 MC) and everything was working fine with Cox extended basic (analog + clearQAM locals). About a week ago, WMC dropped a few of the HD (clearQAM) local channels. I thought it might have been a glitch with WMC, so I rescanned and mapped the channels appropriately, but now WMC says that the local HD channels are either scrambled or unavailable. I'm confused because the channels are coming through just fine when my TV is connected directly to the coax (bypassing the HTPC). Puzzling to say the least... Has anyone else had a similar problem recently? I'm just wondering if it's an issue with the HTPC or if Cox has done something. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 PM

I had the exact same problem about a week ago. It seems that my ATSC tuner forgot all of my channels for some reason. To fix it, here's what I did (forgive me if these steps aren't exactly correct, I'm not at my home computer at the moment). Go to Setting>TV>Guide>Add Channels delete all QAM channels (if you have any). After they're all gone, close and re-open Media Center. Go back to Settings>TV>Guide>Add Channels and add the following channels using QAM256:
91.11 KSCW SD
92.8 KMTW SD
92.9 KPTS SD
91.10 KSAS SD
92.11 KSNW SD
93.8 KAKE SD
93.9 KWCH SD
114.1 KPTS HD
114.3 KPTS Explore
114.4 KPTS Create
114.5 KWCH HD
114.6 KWCH Weather
115.1 KSNW HD
115.2 KAKE HD
116.3 KMTW HD
116.10 KSAS HD
117.5 KSCW HD

After they're all added again, you can copy the listings from the appropriate channel or just merge the channels. You do this my right-clicking the channel name in the guide and selecting "Edit Channel." If you need any help with that, let me know. I can walk you through it or give screen shots.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:16 AM

I have two Hauppauge 2250 tuners in my HTPC, and I've never had any problems with them.

However, after the channel lineup changed, I did a full rescan of the channels just to be safe. The QAM channels didn't change much other than the NASA QAM channel is gone, and it's been replaced with the Univision channel.

I created a spreadsheet of the QAM channels in case I ever needed to redo them:

Channel Name Regular Channel Digital Channel Hi-Def Channel
NBC 3 94.1 115.1
FOX 4 94.2 116.10
CW 5 94.3 117.5
PBS 8 94.5 114.3
ABC 10 94.6 115.2
CBS 12 94.7 114.5
CBS Weather 12.2 114.6
MyTV 6 94.9 116.3
PBS Explore 670 114.1
PBS Create 671 114.4
City Channel 7 95.1
Univision 15 94.10
Azteca America 312 83.4

Also, channels 122.1 - 122.30 are music channels, though I can only tune into 122.30 for some reason.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:13 AM

Thanks for the help, I got it working again. For some reason, the automatic scan was showing that the channels were available, but then it would try to tell me that no signal was available. As suggested above, I went in and manually added each channel individually as QAM256 and now it works fine. I'm not sure why one method worked and the other didn't, but it's working now and that's what's important. Thanks again, I certainly appreciate the helpful responses.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:41 PM

So someone explain this to me.... really weird.
I have an HD TV that I've been watching the local QAM channels and something odd is occurring with FOX.. anyone else seeing this?

I always get the non-high def feed on 94.2 fine, however 116.10 only comes thru when it is a local show, like the news or a syndicated repeat of a show.
If for example a FOX network show is on, I will get nothing on 116.10, only on 94.2. This has always been annoying since I can't watch football or other shows in HD like I can every other channel.

I just figured this out the other day... if during a FOX network HD show they break for commercials and show local commercials, and if I switch over to 116.10 during that local feed and leave it on that channel I can then watch the HD show when the commercials are over! It pops into the HD show!
If I happen to change the channel during that HD show, and come back, it's gone! Nothing!
What in the world is happening? I've not had anything like this on the other HD channels.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:09 PM

The home shopping station, K15DD, ch. 15 just filed an application for a digital flash cut, they filed an application for ch. 23 several years ago, as did KCTU, the FCC never granted it to either one of them, and this now leaves KSMI-51 as the only low-power analog station with no application or construction permit to go digital.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:15 AM

How large is the Cox outtage this morning. Is Sterling the only area or are more affected. Would be nice to see the parade and football sometime today. Tried to call Cox but was told the offices were shut down for holiday!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:42 AM

Ict was out except for locals until a few minutes ago

eric
Old 01-06-2010, 04:20 PM

Liked: 11
Anybody on these forums switch from Cox to U-Verse? We are thinking now of the switch and would like to know some local experiences. We have been having daily issues with Cox Internet, and frankly given it is a monthly issue, we have had enough. Speed means little next to reliability.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Old 01-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid7085 View Post

Anybody on these forums switch from Cox to U-Verse? We are thinking now of the switch and would like to know some local experiences. We have been having daily issues with Cox Internet, and frankly given it is a monthly issue, we have had enough. Speed means little next to reliability.

I have not made the switch, and don't expect to. I have talked to a couple of people who have made the switch. One is happy, one is not. Both experienced what I had heard previously--the installation can take several hours. Both like the whole-house DVR; one is not thrilled with the internet. But again, this is second hand, anecdotal information.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 PM

Thinking about switching from DTV to Cox, but hoped I might be able to get some info first...Cox's site is not helpful!

How big is the hard drive on the current HD DVR?
Can an external drive by added to expand capacity?
Can you get more than one HD DVR?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM

Not big enough
No
As many as you want to pay for

eric
Old 01-26-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbauer25 View Post

Thinking about switching from DTV to Cox, but hoped I might be able to get some info first...Cox's site is not helpful!

How big is the hard drive on the current HD DVR?
Can an external drive by added to expand capacity?
Can you get more than one HD DVR?

1. 160 GB
2. No
3. Yes, but they cost $17.25/mo. for each one (plus tax).
Old 02-01-2010, 07:30 PM

Is this just a KAAS thing? Right now, watching 24 on KAAS here in Salina and it is in some kind of SD mode. The picture is letterboxed and not filling the full wide screen. Meaning there are black borders on all four sides of the picture. Are you guys seeing the same thing in Wichita OTA? via COX?

This happened once last week, but was corrected before whatever show I was watching was over

Thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 AM

I kept expecting them to switch over to HD but they never did. Also curious if this was state wide or just local.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdb27 View Post

Is this just a KAAS thing? Right now, watching 24 on KAAS here in Salina and it is in some kind of SD mode. The picture is letterboxed and not filling the full wide screen. Meaning there are black borders on all four sides of the picture. Are you guys seeing the same thing in Wichita OTA? via COX?

This happened once last week, but was corrected before whatever show I was watching was over

Thanks

KSAS on Cox in Wichita was HD 16x9.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 AM

What's up with the FOX KSAS HD feed? Here in Salina every program I have watched over the last week has been in SD. Does our Cox signal come from their translator station? Is there a problem there or is the problem orginating in Wichita. Getting fed up. Do they know there is a problem?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:19 PM

This is hilarious. I sent an email to both Cox and KSAS about the lack of an HD signal on KSAS.

From KSAS: "We are aware of the issue and are working with Cox communications to resolve it. Thanks for watching."

From Cox: "We are aware of the issue and are working with KSAS to resolve the issue. Thank you for contacting us."
Old 02-09-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post

This is hilarious. I sent an email to both Cox and KSAS about the lack of an HD signal on KSAS.

From KSAS: "We are aware of the issue and are working with Cox communications to resolve it. Thanks for watching."

From Cox: "We are aware of the issue and are working with KSAS to resolve the issue. Thank you for contacting us."

The guy i've emailed at KSAS in the past said they just became aware of the problem yesterday and that the engineers are working on it. I guess this means they don't have anyone in Salina monitoring the station for them, since it has been messed up for over a week.

Anyway, the good news: In a later email he said it should be fixed now.