repeated probs with KGTV (ABC in San Diego) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-11-2002, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I complained about this in the HDTV Programming forum, then realized there was this new forum for local issues.

This past Sunday, 4/7/02, there was no digital broadcast of "Alias" which happens to be my favorite show. The movie preceding it was fine, as were the commercials and the local news blip. But then, when "Alias"was supposed to start, it went blank and stayed that way for an hour. I had to watch it on the analog station (boo!).

This isn't the first time they've messed up. They REALLY did a number on "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark." For that, they repeatedly cut between another show (the east-coast feed of The Practice), the SD version, nothingness, and -- finally, at the very end -- the HD version.

Is there anything I (royal "we") can do to pressure them to fix their act? I sent a scathing email to them after the Indy fiasco and got a pissy defensive email back, to the extent of "you're not paying for it so don't complain."
- Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-12-2002, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, what a disappointing and outrageous email response. I'd contact some of the local advertisers on KGTV and inform them how caring KGTV is of providing its viewers with programing. Especially, if you were receiving the east coast feed = no local commercials.

I'm fortunate enough to receive KABC and typically watch their programming for my favorite ABC shows, like Alias!
post #3 of 3 Old 05-03-2002, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ditto here! The engineering staff at KGTV is clueless when it comes to HD, particularly in the audio department.

I gave up on them months ago and watch all of my ABC programs from KABC in LA.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page