Grease 2 on WKBD Detroit - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-12-2002, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The next movie in the Paramount "HD One" syndicated movie package is "Grease 2," and it's scheduled to be aired on WKBD Detroit Sunday April 21 at 5 pm.

The listing doesn't say HD, but one can presume it will be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2002, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just caught the last bit of it during an unscheduled showing on WKRC-DT(CBS) Cincinnati. It was OAR and HD.

Jeff
Old 04-13-2002, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 299
NW..
Was yours as full of static artifacts as mine was? I had scattered, flickering orange squares in about the same six locations through the whole movie. Well, I assume it was the whole movie. Every time I went back, they were still there.

Any idea if there's a schedule for these?

-Doc

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Old 04-13-2002, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Doc,

Yes, although I only caught the last couple of minutes, I also got the weird flickering orange artifacts/dots in about 6 different spots on screen.

I also noticed the same thing a little over a month ago on WKRC-DT, on a Friday Night when they broadcast "Flight of the Intruder" HD and OAR. I'm pretty sure it was the first Friday after the Olympics wrapped up. I haven't seen any kind of indication of a schedule, so don't know how anyone would really know these movies are being shown on 'WKRC-DT unless they happen across them.

During "Flight of the Intruder", the same "dots" were evident throughout most of the movie, as well as during some commercials. However, the dots(er... actually squares of a just enough pixels to make it quite annoying)for were fluctuating white and green instead of orange, and they magically disappeared during certian scenes shot under certian lighting conditions. :confused:

I also noticed that they were inserting local commericals during "Flight of the Intruder", don't think I've seen them do that with the CBS-HD feeds.

Jeff
Old 04-13-2002, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 299
I think I've seen them insert locals a couple of times. Guess it depends on who's on the switcher. They have a rack-mounted router with monitors in master control, so it's pretty easy to switch back and forth from the analog upconvert to the HD feed. I've seen some local inserts. But, anytime you see the CBS "It's all here" HD promo, that's where the local commercials were supposed to go. I've noticed CBS puts Mitsubishi commercials in that slot on occasson, too. Probably part of the "HDTV sponsored by Mitsubishi" deal they struck.

The local break is usually when the Fox Widescreen goes away on WXIX-DT. They DO plug in the local commercials. There's a loss of audio and some popping when they switch from the FOX digital network feed to the local upconvert. Trouble is, they never switch back. So, you'll get 20 minutes of "24" in widescreen.. and that's it.

On those rare occassions when they DO leave the digital feed on and forget to plug in the local commercials, you get a spinning FOX logo in the middle of the screen for about 2 minutes.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.