HDTV programming coming to Roanoke, VA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-14-2002, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure how many members of the forum are in Southwestern Virginia, particularly the Roanoke area. I received this email from WDBJ 7/CBS a few days ago. Looks like we're less than two weeks away.

Here's the note from Bob Lee at the station:

The transmitter and antenna are installed, but we can't bring up the digital microwave path and the encoder until we move into our new digs on April 20. We expect to power up WDBJ-DT sometime during the week of April 22.

----------

It's unfortunate they can't flip the switch until after the Masters, but considering this will be the first digital station in the area to go live, it's very welcome.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-14-2002, 06:31 PM

I guess there is about three of us here in SWVa. WDBJ will not be the first digital station on the air in the Roanoke area though, WBVA channel 20 has been broadcasting for about a month from a low power digital transmitter in Bedford. It is broadcasting SDTV only though. The WB network has mentioned it may have some HDTV this fall. I will be glad when WDBJ DT gets on the air. It is too bad it is too late for the Masters.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-14-2002, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry, wasn't aware of the Bedford station, and I'm not familiar with it. Do you know what kind of programming is available on the station? I live in Roanoke city limits and have only an indoor antenna at this time. If it's worth upgrading, I may purchase a better antenna.

It's unfortunate we've missed out on both the Masters and NCAA Tournament, but it's good to see better times on the horizon.

Chris
post #4 of 4 Old 04-15-2002, 04:59 AM

It is the Warner Brothers network that has been available on Roanoke cable for sometime. It is owned by Fox 21-27. It is my understanding that eventually Channel 21 will become the WB station and channel 27 will remain as the Fox station. Their digital equivalents will be WB at Ch. 20 and Fox at Ch. 17. When Ch. 20 first came on the air they were multicasting a Fox 21-27 feed also. WBVA was 20.1 and Fox 21-27 was 20.2. Right now there is nothing on 20.2.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page