The Masters on San Antonio CBS-HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-15-2002, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Did anyone notice that during the broadcast of the masters they had the HD feed on 55-02 and the standard def feed on 55-01. Very cool and the first time I've seen anyone use sub channels.

Chris Blount
http://www.dbstalk.com

Chris Blount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-15-2002, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
KXAN-DT (NBC) uses the sub channels in Austin, TX. The -1 channel is the HD. The -2 is 24-hour weather satellite, and -3 is something else. Not as useful as the way your CBS station is using them... but I just thought I'd give another example.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Yep, 36-3 is doppler rader for KXAN.

Though personally I'd rather they use that bandwidth for the main HD channel -- which they actually did during most of the Olympics, and resulted in a noticably more artifact-free picture.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-17-2002, 12:47 AM

Couldn't find the other San Antonio thread so I thought I'd post this here. KMOL-DT 58 had Jay Leno in HD for the first time tonight. Also, it looks like they fixed the clamping on the black level. Just so everything isn't perfect though there was no sound during the show. Hopefully they'll figure that out soon.

JohnR
post #5 of 6 Old 04-17-2002, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've heard that CBS and NBC were putting up a tower to broadcast OTA HD locally here in SAT. I sent an e-mail to TWC and they confirmed they would add this to their local line up.

I take it that what you guys are talking about is stuff you picked up via Dish or Direct Satellite? The conclusion is they're still working the bugs out?
post #6 of 6 Old 04-17-2002, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by egrady
I've heard that CBS and NBC were putting up a tower to broadcast OTA HD locally here in SAT. I sent an e-mail to TWC and they confirmed they would add this to their local line up.

I take it that what you guys are talking about is stuff you picked up via Dish or Direct Satellite? The conclusion is they're still working the bugs out?
KENS-DT (CBS) channel 55 has been on the air (at low power) for a few weeks now and is broadcasting in HD on channel 55-1 and sd on channel 55-2. They have been shutting off the transmitter during the day but fire it back up at night when the HD programming is on.

KMOL-DT (NBC) channel 58 has been broadcasting for a couple of weeks in SD. Last night was the first time they had Leno in HD, although the sound wasn't working.

KSAT-DT (ABC) channel 48 was on the air in HD for one night (that I noticed) about 2 weeks ago and hasn't been seen since.

All of these transmitting towers are located southeast of town near the power plant. If you have a way of receiving off the air HD signals then point a UHF antenna that direction and see what you get.

JohnR
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page