recommend HDTV OTA&satellite site survey/installer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2002, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm moving from Cambridge, Harvard Sq, near many 4-5 story and a few 10 story apartment buildings, and HDTV using an indoor antenna (even with the Silver Surfer--much recommended months ago) is a sick joke: with the RCA receiver there's so much multipath and spottiness that my guests all develop St Vitus' dance within seconds of any attempt to demo HDTV broadcasting. Moving your nose to scratch it will make the picture disappear, and another twitch will make it reappear for a few seconds--it's that bad. It's a good way to get people to stop watching TV!

I'm moving to a free standing house in West Medford and I'm looking for an experienced, trustworthy and skilled person who can install both the perfect HDTV OTA antenna(e) on the roof as well as inform me whether the house can receive DirectTV and/or Dish Network signals (I'm not in satellite hell like Cambridge thanks to gulch after gulch of close midsized buildings, but I don't know whether there's anything in my way--the S/W seems visible.) That is, someone who can do a site survey for both DirecTV and Dish Network. I have particular interest in any HDTV shows available via either satellite service, and would appreciate knowing what I should be sure to buy ahead of time to ensure that I can get HDTV via satellite. Obviously I have the RCA receiver, but have only used its OTA HDTV reception so far, and have not used it with a dish of any sort. Can anyone out there recommend someone who can provide this service, a combination of roof- top skill and care with one or more OTA antennas for HDTV reception, and the same for satellita dish reception, but in particular HDTV reception. Someone with electrical smarts (grounding), salesmanship, and technical skill and pride; someone who provides choice and quality installation and connectivity that I'd gladly pay for. (Sounds like a personal ad!)

Any recommendations are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2002, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Where are you at?