Attention Triad, NC folks, ABC HDTV lovers, and foes of Sinclair!!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-19-2002, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I sent this to Sinclair Broadcast Gr.. If you care about the cause, and want me to have my *&$%^*% ABC-HD, help us out here in the Piedmont of NC.

To Whom it may concern,

As a resident of the WXLV viewing area, and an HDTV enthusiast, I was extremely disappointed to find out that our local ABC affiliate is not equipped to broadcast the network's extensive HDTV offerings.
I understand that funding for individual stations must be tight for a company that owns many, but I urge you to finish WXLV's transition to full High Definition broadcast capability. I roughly estimate that the Triad, NC market covered by WXLV to be between a quarter to a half million, and from speaking to salespeople I know around Winston-Salem, I know that HDTV-capable TV sales are now over a thousand and growing every day as the price of equipment continues to drop.
I know that I am an early adopter of HDTV technology, but the market covered by WXLV ABC45 needs you to at least look very closely at how large of a demographic is left hanging as the transition to DTV and HDTV is now occurring.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-20-2002, 11:56 AM

Liked: 10
Same story further west in NC, as WLOS (Asheville) plans to go live sometime in May, but no HD. Yet another Sinclair ABC affiliate sticking it to us. I'll send an email as well.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-20-2002, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Yes, I sent them a email expressing my disappointment in the lack of HD! Of course I informed them not to worry about me since I have enjoyed watching WTVD11 in HD for the past several months and would continue to do so!

nick
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page