PBS in Madison, WI On the Air! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-23-2002, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm pleased to inform AVS Forum members in the Madison, WI area that WHA Digital, PBS in Madison, is on the air as of 10:59am today. Look for us on channel 21.1. Currently, and for the next several months, we will be broadcasting high definition content via PBS' HD loop - a 24/7 service available to PBS stations. The loop will undoubtedly get repetitive for frequent viewers, but you will also be delighted to know that the HD loop schedule will include any core PBS programs available in HD (e.g. "Nova," "American Family," "Nature"). In addition, the daytime schedule frequently includes HD broadcasts of series like "Smart Travels with Rudy Maxa" and "Tracks Ahead."

In the coming days a full schedule of programs available on 21.1 will be posted to the digital television area of our website at www.wpt.org. Additionally, we are setting up a message board on the site where Madison area viewers can post questions, concerns and ideas, and receive timely responses from all local station programmers and engineers. When the site is up and running I will post another message on the AVS Forum.

I hope you'll tune in and enjoy the wide variety of high quality, high definition programming on Wisconsin Public Television.

Garry Denny
Associate Director of Programming
Wisconsin Public Television
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-23-2002, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Thank you for the information! Unfortunately, from Downers Grove, Illinois I was not able to get a blip out of 21.1 just now. It was a long shot but I was hopeful for something.

Thanks for participating in the forum and for providing PBS HDTV to the Madison community.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-24-2002, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

I used to live in Madison ('68 to '78). Great town, at least then. I'm now in Seattle with 8 digital channels right now. Local PBS here is great. They pioneered the "Over..." series which is unbelievable in HD. Good luck in Mad City.

I've run out of witty sayings...
post #4 of 6 Old 04-24-2002, 09:49 PM

Thanks for the info Garry and congrats to WHA-DT! I'm very happy to hear that you'll be broadcasting the PBS HD feed for starters. I'm about 12 miles east of the tower and getting a solid 90% signal.

Madison now has four digital stations and the local engineers do a great job of supporting HD and keeping the viewers informed. If it's available in HD, the Madison stations will broadcast it!

We've been patiently waiting for WHA-DT to hit the airwaves and it looks fantastic! Thanks and keep up the good work.

Joey B
Madison, WI

JoeyB
post #5 of 6 Old 04-26-2002, 07:11 PM

I tuned in tonight and have signal strength of 68-70 on my Dish 6000. I am in South Beloit about 40 miles south of Madison. A couple of dropouts in about a half hour of viewing. The HD demo loop has a beautiful picture. I think this is the best looking HD feed I have ever seen on my set.

My thanks to everyone at WHA who made this posible. Can't wait to see what comes in the future on WHA-DT.

Greg Johnson
post #6 of 6 Old 04-30-2002, 12:28 PM

Just tuned into WHA-DT for the first time today and it looks (and sounds) fantastic! Garry, thank you and the entire group there at WPT for the hard work that I'm sure it took to get this accomplished!

Cheers,
John
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page