SF-Bay NBC gone from 20-2? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-24-2002, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
GQB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been getting no content, but 100% signal from the SD feed of NBC (that's been piggy-backing on 20-2) for a couple of days now.
Have they stopped their agreement now that the Olympics is over?

If that's so, then I REALLY hope that NBC keeps doing special arrangements with HDNet... Bay area is screwed for NBC SD signal, let alone HD.

-jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-24-2002, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

I noticed that too last night. I don't know what could have happened. NBC hasn't completed the take-over of KNTV yet. As far as HDNet doing more for NBC - don't hold your breath.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-24-2002, 02:45 PM

Late Monday night 20-2 had a still frame image that said something to the effect of "Subscription required for this DISHNet channel. Call 888- blah blah blah or change the channel". Later it turned to a different static promo image for DishNet with some background music.

No warranty is either expressed or implied. The universe is a figment of its own imagination. Your milage may vary. Not responsible for lost homework, missed bus transfers, or forgetting to buy a lottery ticket the day they run your birthday. Have fun.

Have spectrum analyzer, will travel.
post #4 of 7 Old 04-24-2002, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

I guess you can't pick up KNTV? You live up in the North Bay?
post #5 of 7 Old 04-24-2002, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dagman
I guess you can't pick up KNTV? You live up in the North Bay?
I'm in Martinez (in Contra Costa County). I get 11 and 12 (DTV) just fine using a 6 element Winegard dedicated Hi-VHF Yagi at about 41 feet. The signal is often more solid than the Sutro DTV signals, but nowhere near what I get out of Sacramento. I was just channel surfing and checking everything out the other night after the Mitsubishi upgrade when I discovered that apparently channel 20 gets their DTV feed for NBC3 from DishNET???

No warranty is either expressed or implied. The universe is a figment of its own imagination. Your milage may vary. Not responsible for lost homework, missed bus transfers, or forgetting to buy a lottery ticket the day they run your birthday. Have fun.

Have spectrum analyzer, will travel.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-24-2002, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I recently have been observing a stutter or momentary freeze occuring on KNTV 12-1. During the Olympics I had no problem with the signal or reception. I am in Sunnyvale and am picking up KNTV off of the side of a UHF antenna pointed at Sutro. If others are getting a clean KNTV signal I guess I need to put up a small VHF roof mount antenna aimed at 12-1. Are those of you receiving 12-1 getting it clearly with no breakups or stutters? I am using a Unity Motion receiver and get all of the Sutro stations clear as a bell. I just want to be sure it is not a KNTV problem before I add an antenna and combiner.

..Doyle

"So many tweeks....So little time!"
post #7 of 7 Old 04-25-2002, 11:29 AM

I've been noticing the hiccups too, but then again, I'm about 55 miles from the KNTV transmitter(s) w/ mountains in between.

The interesting thing is that I can see the hiccups simultaneously on analog 11. Thanks to the split-screen feature on my set, I can tune into Ch. 12 on the left and Ch. 11 on the right. When the digital hiccup occurs on Ch. 12, a short burst of static-like interference occurs on Ch.11.

Maybe VHF is more susceptible to interference? If so, what kind of amateur/professional equipment is likely to cause interference on the same frequency as Ch. 11/12?
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page