Dayton / Lima, OH - HDTV - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 6613 Old 01-22-2004, 05:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Can you receive WLWT-DT? They do a great job!

I can't quite get them right now, I can get a sniff here and there but my receiver won't lock on.

However, my antenna right now is a piece of junk. I'm hoping my new antenna setup will get them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 6613 Old 01-22-2004, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
It Will be interesting to compare Daytona 500 WLWT-DT/WKEF-DT. Haven't quite figured out why, but 51-2 really wasn't much of a problem during Winter HD Olympics in 2002, which was broadcast some 16 hours a day by both NBC and HDNet. You could just Barely tell the difference in compression artifacts between WKEF-DT/WLWT-DT, and only during especially demanding portions. Nothing like what we get from WHIO-DT/WKRC-DT. At that time however, 51-2 did seem to be quite low bitrate.

Greg,

Congrats on WOSU-DT! I gave it a try, but band conditions were too "dead as doornail" stage down here last night to see anything from WOSU-DT. WCET-DT stayed up past their usual "bedtime", so I couldn't tell if I was seeing their analog at all or not.

On the analog 38 you were seeing, I don't know of any in that direction, WADL-DT 38 Detroit is the only thing I've logged on 38 to the N or NE. Only thing I could thing of would be WOTH-LP 38 Cincy off the back side, which is of course why I don't get to log a lot of DX stations on 38 these days...

WOTH-LP was displaced from 35 by WLWT-DT in 1998, and displaced from 39 by WKOI-DT in Late 2002/Early 2003 ... They have a CP to move to 25, and use WBQC-CA's current facilities, WBQC-CA 25(UPN Cincy) has a CP to move to 38 and increase power to 140KW ...

Jeff
post #633 of 6613 Old 01-22-2004, 05:47 PM

I am quite suprised as WOSU-DT apparently stayed on the air all night long. It was on at 12 midnight and was on at 615AM this morning. This is quite unusual for a station to come on at high power without weeks or months to ratchet up to their maximum power limit.

Whoever is managing this feat is doing a great job!

Voyager6
post #634 of 6613 Old 01-22-2004, 07:06 PM

Did any one notice audio dropouts on the HD broadcast of CSI on WHIO tonight? There was a constant crackling sound. It was so bad I had to switch to the SD channel ;-(
post #635 of 6613 Old 01-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I noticed problems with both WHIO-DT and WKRC-DT, though WKRC seemed to be more of a video breakup. I figured it must be the network feed. CSI was a rerun so I didn't watch for long.

Panny Plasma Junkie: TC-P50VT20, TC-P50G15, TH-42PX60U
post #636 of 6613 Old 01-23-2004, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm new to HDTV, just got my Mits 48-WS313 delivered last saturday. I am a TWC subscriber and will continue to be, but i want more HD content in addition to NBC, Discovery, InHD1, InHD2, HBO, and Showtime... mainly CBS and ABC are what i'm looking for... I know i can go out and pick up the little samsung 151 ATSC receiver for 199 bucks at best buy, but i guess i need some justification for doing so, I mean, that purchase is worthless the day that TWC begins carrying WHIO and WDTN... I haven't been able to get much of an answer from TWC CSR's or the Dayton affiliates, does anyone else have any more inside information as to when these may be picked up... Also if i do decide to spend the 200 bucks for the samsung receiver, could i get away with a cheap indoor antenna? How much minimum would i have to spend to get a reliable signal from WDTN and WHIO... (i'm in beavercreek township, and on a clear night i can easily see all the dayton towers)...

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #637 of 6613 Old 01-23-2004, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

browerjs,

Hard to say, but this $2.99 UHF Folded dipole (#15-234) from Radio Shack would probably do the trick for you for the Dayton DTV Stations :

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=15%2D234

Placing it in a "sweet spot" for reception may be necessary, however. Often, near a window that faces the towers works out to be a good spot.

Update: Oh yeah, forgot to mention -- PBS HD from TW Dayton should be available on TW Ch. 716 (ThinkHD 16 - WPTD-DT, Dayton) - They are currently broadcasting PBS HD from ~6pm-6am nightly, 716 would probably be blank during other hours. You can get that+ThinkDTV's SD multicast services over the air(OTA) too, of course.

Jeff
post #638 of 6613 Old 01-23-2004, 04:09 PM

I emailed whio and asked ii they knew when Time Warner was going to add their digital station before the superbowl. The response I got back was:

"Good morning, we are speaking with time-Warner Cable on this issue. It should be soon, but I don't know about the Super Bowl."
post #639 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

Nice to know they answer someone's email. Anybody else get a response on whether they'll drop 41-2?

post #640 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

From going back and searching this thread, it looks like TWC actually added the Masters broadcast for last year so i did a little searching on their site and this is the quote i found:

"Q. What shows can I get in high definition with Time Warner Cable?
A. You will get all of the high definition shows carried by the channels that we offer including prime time lineups from networks like ABC, CBS, NBC and WB. You'll also get annual special events such as the Super Bowl, the NBA Finals, the Stanley Cup, the Academy Awards, the NCAA Final Four, and the PGA Masters. In addition, you'll get high definition movies and programming from HBO and Showtime including The Sopranos and Sex And The City."

Does this mean we'll get the upcoming Super Bowl and Academy Awards??? One can only hope

post #641 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by er824
I emailed whio and asked ii they knew when Time Warner was going to add their digital station before the superbowl. The response I got back was:

"Good morning, we are speaking with time-Warner Cable on this issue. It should be soon, but I don't know about the Super Bowl."

What email address did you send this to? I have yet to get a response from WHIO

post #642 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 07:46 AM

I sent the email to the email address on their website:

7online@whiotv.com
post #643 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 10:08 AM

I haven't gotten anything back on my request to drop 41-2 during HD programs.

I used the "7online" address as well.
post #644 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

I've received no answer either from 7online about 41-2.
post #645 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 01:56 PM

I'm also very frustrated with not having CBS, ABC, and ESPN-HD on TWC.

I guess what is the most frustrating is not being able to get a decent answer out of anyone regarding the progress in talks between TWC and the stations.

Having CBS by Super Bowl Sunday would be great, but I think I have a better chance of winning the lotto.
post #646 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

For my 12th or 13th email to the 7online address, I did get an autoresponse which was interesting ... The autoresponse contained something similar to: "I'm out of the office, be back in about a month" LOL!

I can't find it now(I usually hold onto this stuff, so we can(hopefully) look back on it in a few years and laugh about it), but I believe I once DID get a response from one of their Engineers(I sent my message to a email address that was listed on their website at the time, not sure if it was the 7online address, or something else) .... I do recall That message/response was back in Fall 2001, not long after WHIO-DT first made it (with CBS HD right off the bat) To the airwaves.

Jeff
post #647 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 04:50 PM

I decided I wasn't going to hold my breath waiting on TWC and I wasn't going to watch the Superbowl in SD on my 2 month old HD capable TV so I bought an inexpensive OTA tuner on ebay. I figure I'll sell it in a couple of months. I don't even have my TW box hooked up right now.

The current HD situation is kind of frustrating. All those little "Available in HD" logos at the begining of shows are nice, but the reality has been somewhat disappointing. The networks seem to be doing a decent job but the local broadcasters and content providers are not exactly tripping over themselves to provide the content. It almost seems like the local stations treat their digital stations as an afterthought and an inconvenience. At a time when networks are losing viewers to cable the locals have the ability to offer a product that is vastly superior to %95 of the material out there and they are ignoring it. They should be using this time when there are relatively few HD monitors out there to position themselves as the leading providers.

The locals have been given all this extra bandwith, why aren't they using it? If they are broadcasting something in SD why don't they take advantage of the extra capacity and broadcast additional programming? Then you wouldn't have to preempt your normal primetime programming to show a special event. Or let me chose which of the 3 available football games I want to watch.

I do think the situation will be vastly improved 3 years from now. The whole thing reminds me of when DVD players first starting coming on the market. While it is taking longer for HD to pick up momentum you can see signs of it happening. 6 months ago I didn't know anyone with an HD capable set, now, probably %25 of the people I work with have them and many more are actively contemplating purchasing them.
post #648 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The current HD situation is kind of frustrating. All those little "Available in HD" logos at the begining of shows are nice, but the reality has been somewhat disappointing. The networks seem to be doing a decent job but the local broadcasters and content providers are not exactly tripping over themselves to provide the content. It almost seems like the local stations treat their digital stations as an afterthought and an inconvenience.

Well... concerning your last sentence here first ... keep in mind, instead of ONE station, staff at every station across U.S. now has to operate TWO stations instead of one, and for the most part they do a fine job of it .. But yeah, the digital station at present time is not the priority -- perfectly understandable, since the analog is the cash cow ... I think you'll start seeing the pendulum begin swinging the other way quite soon ... Meaning within the next 4-5 years or so ...

Also, the below comments might sound strange after I say this ... But -- I do think you've made an excellent post here ...All of it ... as it is pretty much EXACTLY the sorts of general thoughts I think most of us have(perhaps especially when we first start watching HD/DTV) if we are sitting down, expecting to enjoy a "high quality" HD AND DTV service .....

Otherwise .... Wow ... I had no idea ... This sounds like a post from 2-3 years ago ... So basically, where the entire post is concerned .... I have to say, HUH? --- Heck, the State of the Union speech was in HD this year+carried on 7 stations in HD in Dayton and Cincinnati ..... can you believe that? Every MNF game this past season, pretty much all the nets prime time schedules/etc/etc ... Sure, WKEF-DT is sometiems lax about "throwing the HD switch", WBDT-DT isn't passing through WB HD yet, WRGT-DT doesn't provide Fox Widescreen, but for the most part, the other stations in Dayton/Cincinnati(There are 14 Cincy/Dayton DTV stations) pretty much provide 100% of the HD avaialble To them. When they don't, the thing to do is CALL them, ask to be transferred to engineering(or pass the message along)+ask them to provide HD.

We've come a LONG way where HD programming is concerned in a very short amount of time, and yes, we are very much still in the early stages of this game, but things are progressing VERY quickly. For example, I think it probably took 30-35 years before 1100 TV stations were on the air in the U.S., in a matter of 8 years, almost 1200 DTV stations have come up in the U.S, except for the first 300 or so, most of those have come on line since 2002.

Anyhow, 2 years ago, you were lucky to get ANY HD on any given night , the Nets/content providers just weren't providing all that much of it, CBS+HDnet being, the only big exceptions. Now, outside of News/reality TV sort of programming, virtually everything in Prime time from the "big 4" is HD/Fox widescreen+WPTD-DT gives us 12 Hours of PBS HD every night! WB HD(and enterprise/jake 2.0 from UPN) is the Only HD programming we're missing in Dayton/Cincy that is "available" in any way for broadcast by local TV stations ..

Quote:

At a time when networks are losing viewers to cable the locals have the ability to offer a product that is vastly superior to %95 of the material out there and they are ignoring it. They should be using this time when there are relatively few HD monitors out there to position themselves as the leading providers.

Well, I wouldn't quite put it that way, but for the most part, I personally agree with you here(In fact, they should've been doing this as soon as, or even before their stations hit the air), but you have to understand, TV broadcasting is very much a day to day, "Bottom line" business. Right now(and previously), HD+DTV is only COSTING broadcasters money, and there will never really probably be a time when HD will "make" broadcasters ANY extra money ... Heck, right now, as far as ratings(ratings are very important to TV stations+advertisers) go, DTV viewers "don't count"(unless it's against the very program your watching which is airing on a analog channel), as neilsen does not measure DTV/HD viewers.

Furthermore, keep in mind, As a "general figure", it generally costs several million Dollars or so for EACH station to build a DTV station that will just pass through HD from the Nets+allow for simulcasting the content on the analog station. This is more than some small market stations are WORTH. Actually doing HD production/etc. is much, much more. Only very, very few stations in the U.S. are doing it. There is also NO real Infrustructre in place for delivering syndicated HD programming to stations, either. Your run of the mill, monthly utility bill to run a hi-power, UHF transmitter is in the $,$$$ to $$,$$$ per month. To top it all off, it is the Gov't that mandated stations build DTV stations on a timetable set by the Gov't. HD is NOT mandated by the Gov't, although it's "expected" via a "gentleman's sort of agreement" ..

But, yeah, IMO, broadcasters made(and are still making) a mistake when they didn't try to make the most out of HD+DTV(imagine even a little PROMOTION+public education concerning their DTV/HD station) -- when they had the most oppurtunity to do so -- It's getting to be a little late for that now, though -- The cableco's have pretty much already figured it out, the broadcasters are just going to have to find out the hard way, as evidently, given the multicasting some of them are shooting for, they still haven't figured it out ...

Quote:

The locals have been given all this extra bandwith, why aren't they using it? If they are broadcasting something in SD why don't they take advantage of the extra capacity and broadcast additional programming? Then you wouldn't have to preempt your normal primetime programming to show a special event. Or let me chose which of the 3 available football games I want to watch.

I do think the situation will be vastly improved 3 years from now. The whole thing reminds me of when DVD players first starting coming on the market. While it is taking longer for HD to pick up momentum you can see signs of it happening. 6 months ago I didn't know anyone with an HD capable set, now, probably %25 of the people I work with have them and many more are actively contemplating purchasing them.

Well, for what you're looking for, it might be more like 10-15 years - Which is really pretty quick. Network infrustructure, and local TV/DTV plants/etc, don't quite move at the pace of consumer electronics. IT's a BIG task. It takes 1-2 years or so of a number of people working very hard just to BUILD a TV station. Take NYC, for example. Things still are a long way from "normal", but the years of work that went into building the DTV stations(most all broadcast from WTC) took even more years to get back and running ... NBC/ABC DTV stations just got back on the air in NYC a couple months back .. And, NYC is DMA #1 in the U.S! Meanwhile, in Dayton(#58) things have been pretty darn rosy ..... The cincy stations have been on air as early as 98+99, we have 10 stations in Dayton/Cincy doing HD or Fox widescreen -- 3 PBS stations, with a 4th soon to come .... and(except WKOI-DT/TBN and maybe a slight exception to this for WSTR-DT Cincy's directional antenna pattern) all of the stations are running Hi, or adequete "enough" power levels, from nice, high antenna heights ... This area is HEAVEN for Over the air HDTV+DTV in comparision to many, and probably most areas ...

On multicasting -- be Careful what you ask for! IF that sort of thing DOES happen, hard to say, but You probably would see a lot more programming you could care less about, and less HD ......I don't know about you, but the 16x9 displays and DTV receivers I have here were purchased with the expectation of as much High quality, HD programming broadcast from the local stations as is possible ... So, far, personally, I can't complain TOO much ... but yeah, I'll do some nit picking about this or that every now and then ...

Anyhow, You should have been a HD viewer 2-3 years ago! Man, you really would have been frustrated back then. It is simply amazing how quickly things have improved. And now, well, I think we are finally to the stage that "It's all happening" ...

On extra bandwidth ... Broadcasters(some not all) have been "loaned" an extra 6MHZ for their Digital station, and were told they had to spend billions and billions of $(combined) to build out their DTV stations by such and such date(for markets above #30, that date was 5/1/2002 for commercial broadcasters, 5/1/2003 for non-comms). Once the analogs are shut off, the 6MHZ being used by the analog goes back to the government. So, mainly, what broadcasters have been given is a huge bill+, since the FCC only recently put the Tuner Mandate and other rules into into effect which will help further along the transistion, it's been a huge bill with no light at the end of the tunnel ... This is why, they are currently exploring Multicasting options, asking for cable carriage of multiple programming streams .. So they can pay for some of this stuff .... And again, a part of that huge bill includes maintenance+utility costs to keep TWO stations on the air.

They also have to adhere to FCC rules, one of which is a analog simulcast requirement, which says they have to air the SAME programming that runs on their analog station on their digital station a certian amount of the time. Right now, it's a 50% simulcast requirement, in april, it goes up to %75, in 2005, it goes up to 100%.

As for your point on Multicasting ... IF you notice, WPTD-DT 58(16.x remap) does just that. There is 19.34mb/s of bandwidth that is usable within a 6MHZ ATSC RF channel -- Without reducing HD quality, That is just enough for ONE 1080i HD program, One 720p+1 480i, or as many as 4(some are doing 6) 480i SD programming services. Now --- Ok, so it sounds great, HD at night, Multiple SD streams during the day. However, #1). Stations/networks have difficulty filling their schedule with "quality programming" given just ONE programming service(Note the infomercials). #2). For the most part, it's unlikely a station is going to want to draw viewers(and ad revenue) from its MAIN service, by competing against itself by offering other "very desireable" services you WANT to watch. It'll probably happen now and again, and unfortunetly, HD+SD together will be happening more and more with probably "niche" services on the SD subchannels. ... #3). "technical issues" - With much of the equipment in use at our local DTV stations, it's just not a simple thing to "switch around" subchannels/Resolutions/programming services. #4). If a stations multiple services aren't going to be carried on cable(which unfortunetly is going to probably occur -- but we'll see what FCC says -- should happen fairly soon), there will be little reason for them to offer those services. #5). "
Quality Programming" has to be paid for by somebody -- Again, it's a huge task for the Nets/local broadcasters to fill ONE programming service with quality programming you want to watch .... and personally, I'd rather see more quality programming rather than more quanity -- The latter "model" which gives us hundreds of channels of junk .... Now, for the most part There is an exception to 1,2,3,4,5 above ... And that's PBS .... What works best for them is a little different ... IF you notice, all 3 of the Dayton/Cincy area PBS stations currently Multicast different SD services ... right now, there are 12 "channels" of PBS from these 3 station..... ALL carried by local cableco's. Unfortunetly, all 3 stations also degrade HD quality by leaving 2 SD subchannels up alongside HD .....

probably all more than you wanted to hear and Sorry for all the long paragraphs, but I really didn't even scratch the surface of this story .. .. so, you might want to do a little more research on this ...

Jeff
post #649 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 08:56 PM

Jeff,

Thanks for the great response. You really make some excellent points. I didn't mean to sound as negative as I did. Actually, I think its a pretty exciting time, you can almost see the momentum picking up in the HD arena. Its happening slowly, but that is to be expected.

Why doesn't Nielsen measure DTV viewers? Are there to few of us to matter? So if someone is watching a Digital broadcast it is actually lowering the ratings of the broadcaster? I guess that could explain the lack of vigorous marketing....

Eric
post #650 of 6613 Old 01-24-2004, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Eric,

I didn't think you were being negative. I thought your post was excellent. You may have not seen it, but I felt I had to go back and add the second paragraph ... It was my initial impression of your post, but I didn't know how to add it, but later decided I had to put it in there somehow .....

Anyhow, my understanding is, Nielsen doesn't have the monitoring equipment/procedure "set up" yet to monitor DTV viewers, but they are working on measuring DTV viewers, I think it's going to be fairly soon(within next year or so, I believe). We're starting to matter I think.

One of the latest figures I've seen indicates is that there are now around 5 million or so households that can view HD(in some shape or form). That is a HUGE increase when compared to the less than .5% of households just 2 years ago. I don't have a real good sense of exactly how many of us there are in this area, but my "wild guess" is, Cincy+Dayton -- Probably about 10,000 households or so, maybe more. Last December(2002), it was reported 15,000 HD capable displays had been sold in Cincinnati up to that time, and at same time, Time Warner Cincinnati reported they had 6,000 subscribers to their HD service. Also, Judging from the posts from a couple of hundred or so different posters over the past 2 years or so on this and other forums who recieve Cincinnati or Dayton DTV stations OTA(some from quite outlying locations), depending upon what percentage of OTA viewers find, and actually post on AVSforum my wild guess is, there are probably something like 600~1500 or more households watching these stations OTA. Hopefully, even that is a conservative estimate. Who knows about the # of Dayton TW HD subscribers ....

'Those might seem like big numbers to us(and I might be wrong, too as its just a hopefully, somewhat educated guess), its of course, nothing compared to analog, or even digital SD cable, which DOES carry some of the Digital SD services from local DTV stations presently -- such as PBS Kids from WCET-DT Cincinnati ...

Also, Dayton+Cincinnati, if added together is a HUGE market. IF it were counted as One market, It would be interesting to know what the DMA # rating would be ... I do know probably about 2 Million or more people live in the Coverage area of any of the "big stick" Dayton, or Cincinnati stations ....

For OTA, Hard to say(or even guess, really) though --- It's been tried I think, but you can't really look at receiver sales in the area, since so many of us purchase equipment off the net. It's a lot more than 3~4 years ago(For Dayton, 7~10 probably wasn't all that unrealistic of a figure for that time ;-), that's for sure ... The number also isn't going to get smaller, it's going to get much larger especially once Tuner mandate goes into effect(starts with 36" sets in just a few months), and OTA viewers(believe it or not, there are quite a number of us out here, in some cases in rural parts of this area - such as my specific location - Cable doesn't even reach us, and probably never will) replace their 25" sets with new sets with internal DTV tuners ...

Back to neilsen ratings --- Of course, only the households with neilsen meters matter to the ratings figures, so (unless you have a neilsen meter in your house) you're not really hurting anything by actually watching the DTV/HD station. Some time ago, I had seen posts from AVSmembers who had previously been "neilsen familys"(you can't talk about it when it's happening), and what they did was write down their HD viewing ... The meters/equipment they use isn't set up for DTV yet ... So, the written down stuff wasn't "counted but hopefully helped Nielsen with the process of adding DTV viewers to their "measurements" ...." I'm not sure if they "meter" viewers/families that have DTV/HD viewing capability until they can "measure" that viewing -- They shouldn't, and wouldn't think they would do so, but who knows ....

Likely because of equipment cost/switching issues, If you've noticed, WKEF-DT(51-1) Doesn't insert Local ad breaks into HD( the NBC Flag/peacock sections), WKRC-DT Cincinnati runs the CBS HD "It's all here" promo/demo reel instead of local ad inserts. I could be wrong, but I expect this will change fairly soon.

Jeff
post #651 of 6613 Old 01-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

The debate over adding more sub-channels continues:

New Digital TV Rules Draw Fight

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D80BHSVO0.html

post #652 of 6613 Old 01-28-2004, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes. Thanks for the link. FCC had said they were going to make a decision on this before Christmas, then it was just after Christmas, now it's 6-8 weeks .... I think this must carry thing is probably the last "big piece" of the DTV transisition puzzle to be set in stone .. Of course though, I also thought the Tuner mandate, and then the appeals court decision involving the DTV tuner mandate was the last big piece, too ...

Speaking of Subchannels -- I hate to say it, but I really can't say I've minded the SD subs from WHIO-DT/WDTN-DT the last few days, as the school closings/etc. haven't caused a drop from HD to SD on the HD sub -- It's been a little different on WCPO-DT Though ... Instead of ABC HD(when I've looked - All the Sun Night ABC HD for instance), when the school closings are up, it's school closings+SD ...My understanding is, once WCPO-DT moves into their new facilties, they'll have the ability to insert graphics into HD(That's probably a first for our area, I think).

Oh, as long as I'm posting, I also noticed last night when I checked, WLWT-DT had NBC HD, WKEF-DT didn't .. No big surprise there, really ----

Jeff
post #653 of 6613 Old 01-29-2004, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

I was reading the forums on HDTVoice.com where i came across the following:

"I just got off the phone with the Western Ohio Division. I've been told that we'll have the Super Bowl in HD in Dayton on channel 713. I sure hope the customer service rep knew what she was talking about!"

I haven't called to confirm, but if a CSR actually gave a channel to someone I'm pretty optimistic

post #654 of 6613 Old 01-30-2004, 01:34 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the TWC Western Ohio area and WHIO CBS IS NOW IN THE HIGH DEF LINEUP!!!!!!!!! It is available NOW on channel 707!

Just in time for the Super Bowl!!!!!!!
post #655 of 6613 Old 01-30-2004, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

I checked and i have it too!!! The only question is, will it stay there after the superbowl??? We can only hope... Only ABC left if it stays!!!

post #656 of 6613 Old 01-30-2004, 04:18 PM

Liked: 11
Triple confirmed!

Now, if it will stay past the Superbowl, I'll be VERY happy...

Gamertag: HeartbreakRidge

Enjoy a quality XBOX Live Experience with the folks at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
post #657 of 6613 Old 01-30-2004, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I just spoke with a TW CSR and they said we will be receiving channel 707 just until Feb. 3rd... Contracts are still in negotiation... Better then nothing, i guess...

post #658 of 6613 Old 01-31-2004, 11:58 AM

Well, that's disapointing we'll be losing it on Feb 3rd. I'm still VERY happy to have it for the Super Bowl. Hopefully this is an indication they are close on the contract.

On another subjuect, WKEF NBC, is it just me or are they lately forgetting to 'flip the switch' at all. It's been a while since I've seen ANY HD on WKEF lately. Is it a WKEF problem, or national? Anyone know?
post #659 of 6613 Old 01-31-2004, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I noticed last night that "Ed" was in 4:3, but Monday "Las Vegas" was in HD...

post #660 of 6613 Old 02-01-2004, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Wed Night, 1st 1/2 of West Wing was HD on WKEF-DT, at 9:30pm it switched to NBC West Coast Feed and NBC Nightly news .. There were reports in the programming area that this occured at the Philly NBC affiliate as well.

I haven't been Paying much attention to WKEF-DT(Too lazy to flip my A/B switch to my Dayton antenna), but if it helps, I noticed that the following programs The last few days were in HD on WLWT-DT, NBC Cincinnati:

ER
ED
Fri. Night Leno
Last night:
Tracy Morgan show
Whoopi
Law & Order

Jeff
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page