Dayton / Lima, OH - HDTV - Page 225 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes
post #6721 of 6727 Old 03-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim58hsv View Post
Sinclair Broadcasting added Charge! TV to WRGT 45.4 this morning and as a added bonus they also removed Grit TV from WKEF 22.4 and replaced it with their new TBD network, which I predict will be every bit as popular as the Live Well network. Down Cincinnati way Sinclair did the same thing with WSTR 64.4 and replaced Get TV with TBD.

SMH.
Yea, just spent 30 minutes I'll never get back figuring this out. I liked GRIT, and it took me longer than I care to admit that TBD was the name of the station and not a placeholder in the listings.

DUH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6722 of 6727 Old 03-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubster View Post
Yea, just spent 30 minutes I'll never get back figuring this out. I liked GRIT, and it took me longer than I care to admit that TBD was the name of the station and not a placeholder in the listings.

DUH
I thought the same thing when I saw the channel name. It matches the programming which is dumb.

-----------
Robert
post #6723 of 6727 Old 03-01-2017, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I thought TBD meant (to be determined). Not impressed at all with TBD. This channel seems to make it appear all young adults are idiots.
Bubster likes this.

Last edited by Balloonfanatic; 03-04-2017 at 10:48 AM.

post #6724 of 6727 Old 03-01-2017, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
That was my problem. I thought it was Get TV at first with the guide info missing

-----------
Robert
post #6725 of 6727 Old 03-02-2017, 02:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbob View Post
That was my problem. I thought it was Get TV at first with the guide info missing

Yup, BINGO. I was tinkering with my Win7 MCE stations when I decided to just go to the TV tuner only and see what was really going on. Win7 Listings these days are a real problem because it seems MS is trying to discourage it's use wherever possible.

If there are any Media Center users left in this thread and tired of the listings headaches take a look at EPG123 using Schedules Direct ($25/yr for excellent quality listings).
post #6726 of 6727 Unread Yesterday, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Grit TV has returned to WKEF 22.4 . Hope it's permanent and not a temporary glitch. I did notice WSTR 64 was still showing TBD so maybe it's not a glitch and 22 got enough complaints about dropping Grit that Sinclair put it back on the air?
post #6727 of 6727 Unread Today, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim58hsv View Post
Grit TV has returned to WKEF 22.4 . Hope it's permanent and not a temporary glitch. I did notice WSTR 64 was still showing TBD so maybe it's not a glitch and 22 got enough complaints about dropping Grit that Sinclair put it back on the air?
Happy about GRIT, I like old westerns. I cringe at the stretching crap they were doing recently though. Seems to be a trend with SD subs.

Question for anyone: Do modern televisions "remember" aspect ratio settings per station? My 2012 Sammy sure pisses me off because it can't. Annoying to have to switch AR so much on SD stations just to keep it the way it was originally intended, and it looks better to boot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception