KXII-DT Sherman, TX Excellent Reception at <60miles! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-27-2002, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I live in East Plano,TX and I use a VHF and a UHF antenna in the attic. I have both antennas on a single mast and also use a rotator. First, I just tuned my DTC-100 to the digital channel 20 and got no signal indication. Assuming that the Channel 12 and Channel 20 transmit antennas are on the same tower, I tuned my TV to channel 12 and rotated the antenna for best reception of channel 12. The best I could get on channel 12 was sound and a very, very poor picture. This analog signal was not really watchable at all. I switched back to channel 20 on the DTC-100, and got wonderful reception! The signal level was steady, in the high 50's, comparable to the signals I receive on channels 14, and 18! Last friday I watched the whole hour of HD "First Monday" on KXII-DT. I observed 3 very short (fraction of a second) dropouts during the hour (one during a commercial).

I don't know what power levels KXII is using on their analog and digital channels but I receive a useless analog signal and a perfectly watchable digital signal! Distance is >60 miles too!

DonP
Plano, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-11-2002, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I am not the only one that has problems getting PBS KERA's HD signal on Channel 14. I can get it every once in a while, but not very often.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page