ota reception - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2002, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone suggest a good antenna technican. I am at my wits end trying to get local dtv reception. My reception sucks and I am only 11 miles from three transmitters, have a radio shack uhf antenna installed w/ preamp, and 40 ' up. Best signal I can get is 60 on one station and 23 on another, and 0 on the third. All towers are within 4 degrees of each other.:confused:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2002, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, you don't really give us a lot of information about what you're using right now. Radio Shack makes any number of UHF antennas.

*However*

You say you're 11 miles away and you're using a preamp? At this range, you might very well be overloading your receiver with signal. Have you tried reception without a preamp to compare? Even without a preamp, depending on your antenna, you may *still* be getting too much signal.

Unless you have extreme mountainous terrain, which could make reception difficult under any and all conditions, you might want to try Radio Shack's single and double-bow-tie antennas at ground level. Since you can return them for any reason, there's no harm in trying them out.

Finally, what's your analog UHF reception look like? Is it good/fair/poor?

Good luck!