NYC Time Warner channels 701-704 are missing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-30-2002, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Several reboot attempts with my SA2000HD converter last night failed to restore HDTV HBO, CBS, Showtime, NBC (701-704) in Manhattan. This has worked before with seemingly missing channels since this converter is erratic.

Customer service called the headend this morning and they said nothing was wrong at their end. A number of others in this local HDTV group have the same problem, although someone in the borough of Queens didn't lose his channels. Made a service appointment, but they apparently aren't issuing 2000HD converters these days. Someone theorized they've been tinkering with firmware updates that might affect only certain converters. -- John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-30-2002, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
John: My box sputtered and recycled around 7 o'clock last night (I'm in eastern Queens). I lost the menu guides for a while but otherwise full service was restored in less then a minute. Several TWC HD 2000 users in Queens (myself included) have had our share of "timing out" headaches with these boxes. I'm not exactly sure what that term means myself, but one of the techs explained that the Queens boxes were inadvertently programmed for the Manhattan system. They seem to be able to restore service from the head end but on each occasion it's taken 3-10 days for that to happen. Perhaps you have the opposite issue with your box(pre-programmed for Queens).

By the way, like an old Mission Impossible episode my aforementioned, frequently "timed out" box finally self destructed altogether last week. As I recall, you had mentioned heat build up as a potential issue concerning these STB's. It's unfortunate that the only way to really power down is to unplug them. Perhaps overheating is the culprit when it comes to some of the reliability issues we've been experiencing.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-30-2002, 07:32 AM

I called customer service Monday night and at first the woman said there was no problem at their end. 5 minutes later, she actually called me back to apologize and acknowledged that the HD channels were "being worked on" and should be back up on Tuesday. Considering the new Channel +/- and Guide functions, this may very well be related to the recent news told to me by a TWC-NY engineer friend who said they have a work order to put Fox and ABC-HD on the system by 5/15.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-30-2002, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
701-704 returned around noon I guess so I canceled my May 1st service visit. Fox and ABC before 5/15 would be nice, although I'd prefer 713 (PBS) to Fox. -- John
post #5 of 5 Old 04-30-2002, 07:21 PM

Michael S: Thanks for the tip about the new menu/ channel surf interface...great to have these functions activated for HDTV...very exciting news about ABC. I agree with John...bring on PBS. From my perspective Fox is a waste of space.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page