Forum Jump: 

post #4351 of 4355 Old 12-20-2014, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtv_junkie87 View Post
Is WOAI going to replace Live Well with Antenna TV on New Year's Day? I was looking at various TitanTV listings across the country to see if any Live Well affiliates have leaked their 2015 plans, and I saw that when the clock strikes 12, WOAI 4-2 will launch Antenna TV in San Antonio.

I haven't found any press releases (yet!); just TitanTV shows 4-2 as an Antenna TV affiliate starting January 1st.

dtv_junkie87
The Live Well network apparently is going to cease operations nationally, come January 2015. So it's possible WOAI could be launching Antenna-TV in its place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4352 of 4355 Old 12-31-2014, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
I have been a continuous subscriber to DirecTV since 1991 and have been happy with their service. The initial reason I went with them was that I lived in the hinterlands far enough that OTA signal was problematic and I had no access to a cable system. When I moved to the San Antonio area, I lived far enough north of the city that OTA there had problems too, so I kept the DTV. Now, however, I am moving inside the city, and because I am paying ~$235/mn. I am considering other providers of cable in San Antonio.

I need recommendations and feasibility thoughts here. I have my eye on the TiVo Roameo DVR, which has more useful function than the DTV Genie, which @ $29.95/mn. cost about the same as the Roamio after a couple of years, accepts OTA antenna input, and takes my Apple TV seamlessly. Seems like AT&T will not accept the Roamio on its system, so Time Warner seems to be the choice by elimination. Question: Is TW worth a crap stacking up against DTV and would it be appreciably cheaper? In that price I have been paying for DTV, I had most all of the movie channels, 4 HD dvr receivers ( old style) and the NFL package, which I will have to forego, I know.

Any considerations I have missed would be appreciated.
Things to check. I don't know how the Tivo Roameo works with cable, but as far as over the air, it requires a $15.00 a month subscription for the guide. You might also want to check if the subscription is mandatory. Are you looking at whole home? You might also need an internet connection, either WIFI or directly plugged in with ethernet. Here's a link where you can get all your questions answered. I've been looking at it too in case I want to cut the chord, and go over the air. Check the reviews. YOu can also ask questions, My looking into it is strictly for over the air. It might be different to use with TWC. http://www.amazon.com/TiVo-Digital-R...ds=tivo+roamio

Last edited by n3vino; 12-31-2014 at 03:51 PM.
post #4353 of 4355 Old 12-31-2014, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am a Time Warner user. I have their 20Mbps Internet service, 1 HD DVR w/500GB disc and 2 HD Non-DVR boxes. I use Vonage for 2 lines of phone service which works excellent over TWC Internet. The DVR is in the Home Theater, one HD box is in the Master Bedroom and the other in the Family Room. Additionally I have 5 more TV's (no box) connected to Cable which get about 85 channels, locals are Clear QAM and in HD. As I recall there a total of 16 Clear QAM channels. The HD boxes get hundreds of channels. Starz in included in the package. My total bill is under $139. I provide my own Motorola 6850 Cable Modem / Router.

Time Warner is non-contract provider. You can cancel the service and return the equipment and just pay for what you have used. Try it if you don't like it return it.

HD content is equal to any I have seen on Dish or Direct and it does not stop working in bad weather.

I have had a lot of frustration with their billing and slipping in price increases. I have learned to contact "cancellations" every 12 months and lock in a new price for the next 12 months, that seems to work well.
post #4354 of 4355 Old 01-05-2015, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Potential Sinclair subchannel shuffle in San Antonio:
WOAI: 4.1 NBC (1080i HD), 4.2 CW (720p HD), 4.3 Antenna TV (480i SD)
KABB: 29.1 FOX (720p HD), 29.2 MundoFOX (720p HD)
KMYS (spun off): 35.1 ????

One person's craziness is another person's reality. - Tim Burton
post #4355 of 4355 Old 01-06-2015, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
The posts I made here and on other threads are just pure speculation on just what might happen in these markets, with the FCC's crackdown on JSAs/SSAs and the impending incentive auction. Some of you may have been offended, and for that I apologize.

One person's craziness is another person's reality. - Tim Burton
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception