1Likes

post #7321 of 7342 Old 06-03-2014, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 100
You mean the one I can not get? mad.gif
I had better luck back in the 60's and/or 70's when it was channel 79. Barely above the noise floor, but you knew it was there.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7322 of 7342 Old 06-04-2014, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I must be in some sort of magic bubble. I haven't had much trouble accessing it since it switched to digital almost 3 years ago now.

Add that to the "cons" list if I ever think about selling my house and moving. cool.gif
post #7323 of 7342 Old 06-04-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Must of had a good installer.
I never would of expected that. You must be far enough from Gilligans Island that WNED doesn't bury CITY's pilot like it does here.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
post #7324 of 7342 Old 06-04-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Must have. wink.gif
post #7325 of 7342 Old 06-13-2014, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
I never would of expected that. You must be far enough from Gilligans Island that WNED doesn't bury CITY's pilot like it does here.

Maybe you suck up all transmissions that are coming from WNED for me since I have had no trouble at all getting CITY since I put my antenna up on Gilligan's Island. I am in fact excited for more Hockey next year!
post #7326 of 7342 Old 06-13-2014, 02:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The only explanation for that is the umbrella effect. The signal is literary, over your head, or house in this case. I knew that would be in favor, but never, never expected that much of a difference.

post #7327 of 7342 Old 06-20-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowenap View Post

Reviving an old conversation, I recently "upgraded" to an HD Homerun Tuner, and run Windows Media Center from my laptop with an XBox360 as an extender. I had some problems with guide data namely for CKVP and CIII since WMC used Zap2it and I couldn't integrate the TitanTV solution we discovered. However, I found this workaround that was geared towards people in Canada, but works just the same way in the US. By using either Bell TV East or Rogers (Toronto), I am able to get load the guide data for Global and by choosing either "CTV Two Barrie" or "CTV Two Toronto" for CKVP (and CHCJ if you can get it). I find it pretty slick. I know at least one other poster in Buffalo uses Windows Media Center so I thought I'd share it.
I recently got a new HTPC about a month ago, and had to re-setup my OTA channels on Windows Media center. Having gone through all the guide data, it appears that WMC natively added guide data for CIII and CKVP at my zip code, and I'm only missing CITY now, so I still need the workaround above. Unfortunately, it appears that Microsoft dropped their Wiki experts site, so for anybody still looking for the ability to add Canadian Channels to their Windows Media Center guide, use this:

http://pnear.wordpress.com/2011/04/2...edia-center-2/

Last edited by bowenap; 06-20-2014 at 09:59 AM.
post #7328 of 7342 Old 06-20-2014, 10:48 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
I recently got a new HTPC about a month ago, and had to re-setup my OTA channels on Windows Media center. Having gone through all the guide data, it appears that WMC natively added guide data for CIII and CKVP at my zip code, and I'm only missing CITY now, so I still need the workaround above. Unfortunately, it appears that Microsoft dropped their Wiki experts site, so for anybody still looking for the ability to add Canadian Channels to their Windows Media Center guide, use this:

http://pnear.wordpress.com/2011/04/2...edia-center-2/
Using 14174 as the zip code should get you everything from the GTA.
post #7329 of 7342 Old 06-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I've been thinking about adding a TV Tuner to my laptop so i can watch live tv from analog cable or antenna when i don't have access to my tv's. The TV Tuner will be used on my laptop which is running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 so i would like to use it's built in version of Windows Media Center with it primarily because of limited hard drive space. I would like to spend no more than $100 if that's possible & i don't need a dvr on my laptop because i would only be using it for live tv & i'd rather record shows on my cable box. Any suggestions you can give me would be appreciated.

(I know some of you are thinking why am i still using windows xp when microsoft is no longer supporting it, well in my opinion it's one of the best versions on windows i've ever used & this machine was a recent gift from a family member & it still works like new so don't tell me to upgrade because i don't plan on doing so at this time)
George Molnar likes this.
post #7330 of 7342 Old 06-23-2014, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
WNYO to get getTV on a subchannel soon:

http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/008...tations/271009

dtv_junkie87
post #7331 of 7342 Old 06-24-2014, 03:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

More old movies, but at least they were surely better than the video game crap that's being churned out in the past 10 or so years.

post #7332 of 7342 Old 06-24-2014, 10:19 AM

With Rogers' new TV contract with the NHL, the potential to see more Sabres games OTA has increased. They have one guaranteed game on CITY on Sunday Nights (February 15th vs. Philadelphia), and they will have a number of games on Saturday Nights picked up by CBC or one of the Rogers Networks. The new TV contract allows them to "flex" their games on Saturday Night, and they will decide which network to show each game (either CBC, CITY, one of the Sportsnet Channels, or FX-Canada) sometime before each Saturday Night. Obviously, you won't be able to get the games on Sportsnet or FX-Canada OTA, but there is the potential to get a few Sabres games "flexed" to CBC or CITY on Saturday Nights. Here is the Sabres schedule with Canadian TV networks:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebysea...etwork=&venue=

Note, the Saturday Night games are labeled "HNIC", as we don't know which network will carry them yet. My guess is game on November 15th (vs. Toronto) and November 29th (at Montreal) would be shown on one of CBC or CITY for sure, as it sounds like they are leaning towards Canadian teams for the OTA networks. Perhaps we'll get lucky for one or two of the others.
post #7333 of 7342 Old 06-24-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNASCAR24 View Post
I've been thinking about adding a TV Tuner to my laptop so i can watch live tv from analog cable or antenna when i don't have access to my tv's. The TV Tuner will be used on my laptop which is running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 so i would like to use it's built in version of Windows Media Center with it primarily because of limited hard drive space. I would like to spend no more than $100 if that's possible & i don't need a dvr on my laptop because i would only be using it for live tv & i'd rather record shows on my cable box. Any suggestions you can give me would be appreciated.

(I know some of you are thinking why am i still using windows xp when microsoft is no longer supporting it, well in my opinion it's one of the best versions on windows i've ever used & this machine was a recent gift from a family member & it still works like new so don't tell me to upgrade because i don't plan on doing so at this time)

I have one of these lying around my house somewhere:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Hau...FQMT7AodHHYAEA

Since it's a laptop, I'd probably go the USB tuner route, but now I have HDHomeruns connected to my network so I don't really need it anymore. I haven't used it in a while.
post #7334 of 7342 Old 06-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtv_junkie87 View Post
WNYO to get getTV on a subchannel soon:

http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/008...tations/271009

dtv_junkie87
This is good news for people who watch a lot of old movies.

Quote:
I have one of these lying around my house somewhere:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Hau...FQMT7AodHHYAEA

Since it's a laptop, I'd probably go the USB tuner route, but now I have HDHomeruns connected to my network so I don't really need it anymore. I haven't used it in a while.
I had a feeling i would need to go the USB tuner route. I'll consider purchasing it. Thanks for your recommendation.
post #7335 of 7342 Old 06-30-2014, 06:33 PM

Location: Toronto, ON, CAN (7 million that don't count in Buffalo, NY DMA)
Liked: 10
Lightbulb WNYO OTA Subchannel

GetTV is up on WNYO 49.2

http://get.tv/schedule
post #7336 of 7342 Old 07-01-2014, 03:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Hopefully that will last more than the others.

post #7337 of 7342 Old 07-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

lets hope your right videobruce
post #7338 of 7342 Old 07-02-2014, 05:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
We ditched Time Warner back in March and went OTA for our TV as well as Netflix etc.

Anyone else having issues with 67-1 and on? We were trying to get Bragging Rights and the one night we wanted it, we got nothing. I just tried again tonight, with no change in the aerial position.

Anyone got ideas?

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #7339 of 7342 Old 07-03-2014, 03:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sounds as you are 'on the cliff'. Weather conditions (and/or foliage) takes you over.

post #7340 of 7342 Old 07-09-2014, 07:15 PM

Liked: 12
Is the new channel 56 transmitting at full power? I'm struggling to pick it up. I understand it is a low power station but I thought I'd be able to get it.
post #7341 of 7342 Old 07-10-2014, 03:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I believe it is low power. You should have no trouble where you are.

post #7342 of 7342 Old 07-11-2014, 01:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

WNYO's sub-channel getTV is up and running. Looks like all old B&W movies from their program listings up to tomorrow morning.

WBXZ has up on their 3rd & 4th sub-channel that 56.2 will be RetroTV, 3 will be Heartland and 4 will be PBJ (kids??). No mention of this TBTV that is running now on 56.2 and nothing for the empty 5 & 6.

Last edited by videobruce; 07-11-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page